Parent Thread

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not any kind of insult to your wife, but you're probably nicer to the kid and yell and scream at him less too. Then when he sees you he's like "oooh the nice parent!"
Stress can make people crazy. I get really upset from time to time as well. It happens to everybody.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Stress can make people crazy. I get really upset from time to time as well. It happens to everybody.
Thats why I said it's not a dig at the wife. Being with the kid 24/7 will wear on your patience. He gets "adult time" at work she does not.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Thats why I said it's not a dig at the wife. Being with the kid 24/7 will wear on your patience. He gets "adult time" at work she does not.
This is the situation at my house too. My wife is home with all three kids on Thursdays and Fridays, so she's always frustrated by the time I get home.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
He is a child and you do not "rectify". My 2 year old latches to his mom like nobody's business and my 4 year old and I have been best buddies. Kids latch on to one parent a ton. My 10 year old did the same thing with her mom. It also swaps around and stuff. Also little dudes read emotions and she may be nervous about everything thats been going on and the little guy can feel it. You cant fake it with them either. Also he is probably fine 5 minutes after you leave.
More like 15 minutes. Yesterday I was grilling for everyone and I heard him screaming in the house for 15 minutes. It's insane right now. It happened like a week ago for the first time too.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
During the day time, one week I have our daughter, one week my wife has the daughter due to her work schedule. My daughter latches onto whichever parent has her that particular week. So on the weeks I have her even when I get her home to Mom she wants (almost) nothing to do with her.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Doc called and her blood test showed HCG levels double that of the emergency room, they need to ultrasound her next week

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My 15 month old is cutting three molars. FML.
My son did that, but my daughter has cut her molars all apart from each other. It might be selfish, but I preferred the 2 weeks of fever, discomfort, and coddling over the 6 or 8 continual weeks of that. She's still got one to go too (she'll be 2 years in June).

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Now the real fun begins.
smile.png

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
That's just great, man! Is your wife calming down?

Now you will have thoughts like this. "Aw, man. My kid is walking, isn't that great?" followed, about a minute later by, "Aw, man. My kid is walking. Well, shit."
More like, "My kid is walking! Look!" followed by "fuck, where did he go!?!" *runs

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife is calmed down for sure, although we still don't know about what happened to her yet. Will find out tomorrow.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
We baby gated every doorway that exited the living room and just made the living room completely baby proof (removed all breakable furniture and sharp edges, outlet protectors, mounted the TV, no cords within reach, etc). I know this isn't viable for everyone, but this alleviated so much of the stress of wrangling a newly crawling/walking baby. It never occurred to me how extreme we had taken our baby-proofing until we visited my mother (several states away) for the first time and my son was into EVERYTHING. My back was sore for a month after a two day visit because I spent most of my time hovering over that little shit. I shudder to think of how hellish that time would've been without all those gates and having an area where we would could just be like EVERYTHING THE LIGHT TOUCHES IS YOUR DOMAIN - BE FREE BABY.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
You let them touch the things, you let them touch it, examine it, and they get bored and move on.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah we baby proofed the electrical sockets and hid easily accessible cords or dangerous objects (a small replica of the iron throne on the top of the shelf looks pretty interesting to a toddler but looks extremely dangerous to me), also put magnetic cabinet locks in the kitchen, otherwise he has free-roam. Usually he ends up just playing near us or in the kitchen/dining room where nothing can really kill him.

Everyday he hurts himself a million times either by falling, smashing his face on a chair/island/etc, or grabbing something he shouldn't. I like to think he's learning but then he does it again and I realize the dude is nuts.