Parent Thread

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Two is easy, don't let people psych you out, you got this. There are two of you, you've already got the routines down, you'll be fine.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm mostly worried about having a 2 year old and a new born at the same time. I guess it's pretty early and the doctors need to confirm it, but she took a bunch of tests that are positive. Timing seems to indicate it as well and the absence of a period.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Dude, it will be great. He's going to be so interested int he baby that he'll shadow you when you're taking care of it. It's really the best.

Just don't ever have a third.

please kill me.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, don't do it. At least don't do it like I did. Because once you have the third, then you won't be able to move, and you just make it work, and it "works" but it is also horrible. Trust me.

Move first, then third. But really, just secretly get a vasectomy and stall until she's barren.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Bunch of amateurs. Talk to me when you have five.

But seriously, two is not the hell people tell you it is. This is going to be awesome for you. And your two year old is going to astound you with how he interacts with the baby. There is some really wonderful times ahead for you.

I'll not sugar coat it, there are also shitty times ahead, but it's worth it. I ask each of my kids before they go to sleep at night, "Who loves you?" Their confident and consistent answer, even if we had a rough day of fighting or whatever of "you. You and mama." reminds me every day how fucking lucky I am.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah man it will be awesome, I am sure of it. Hes been a very difficult baby from pregnancy and even now still but he's awesome. When I come home he cries if I don't immediately pick him up and when I do he just smiles and sort of hangs out and babbles. Good stuff.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Good dad bonus points in my head for you. You plural, not singular. I try not to have favorites.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If I had 5 I am pretty sure I would fucking snap mentally and just go walk the earth like Jules from Pulp Fiction. I'm barely hanging on with 3 and school, work, wife, etc. 5 would break me.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I don't know how people do more than 2 or 3. If my wife and I end up with 2, I'm literally castrating myself. I don't gamble.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm mostly worried about having a 2 year old and a new born at the same time. I guess it's pretty early and the doctors need to confirm it, but she took a bunch of tests that are positive. Timing seems to indicate it as well and the absence of a period.
I got a 4 and a 2, they take care of each other , it makes it easier after year and a half.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Two is so much easier than three. Although it's easy enough to handle two by yourself once you're used to three.

She wants a 3rd and we only have 3 bedrooms total. Kill me.
That is hard. We've got a 5yo and 3yo in the same bedroom and a 1yo in a nursery.
and it suuuuuuucks.

We're looking at remodeling the house and/or adding on just to get another bedroom.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Second one is much easier than the first. Third one is easier than the second also but then, there's three of them...

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I did the same thing. 3 and 1 yr old. Shit is sooooo much easier. You dont give a half as fuck as you did before. You just roll with everything.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The entire series behind Luvs of 1st kid vs 2nd kid is spot on, and it goes so much further with the 3rd.

Luvs Commercial ??" Babysitter - YouTube

This one is pretty legit:Luvs Commercial - Sanitize - YouTube

With the 3rd one I just hand him off to someone I think won't run away with him (from him doesn't get a pass).
That's my wife with the 1st kid, it's crazy. I'm pretty care-free with that stuff. Occasionally he'll try to put my shoe in his mouth and I'll be like 'ok, none of that' but in general I don't care. She touched his door knob last night after we had sexy time and she lysol'd it because she touched my wiener....