Parent Thread

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
My sister in law does in home care for a couple that sounds very similar to what you are describing. She has a 50 hour a week contract.

Now that school is out she will be spending the entire day with them. What's weird is that both parents are home by 5pm but don't interact with the children at all until 7pm. They even sit at their own table while they eat dinner.
She told us that neither child seems excited when they see their parents.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That sounds pretty weird. I'd like to interact, I'd just like a person keeping the house straight and tending to bodily fluids.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
My sister in law does in home care for a couple that sounds very similar to what you are describing. She has a 50 hour a week contract.

Now that school is out she will be spending the entire day with them. What's weird is that both parents are home by 5pm but don't interact with the children at all until 7pm. They even sit at their own table while they eat dinner.
She told us that neither child seems excited when they see their parents.
Wait wait

A nanny shit talked her employers?

I'm shocked, SHOCKED that this happened. Tell me more about your fascinating story.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
She just started a month ago and she is their 3rd one this year. She was warned when she started that the older one has authority and anger issues that she will need to work around.

The pay is great and it's just a few blocks from her apartment. It's a great job while she finishes up her dissertation. She just found the relationship strange and not very nuturing.

But you are correct that she may just be talking shit about her employer.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know the exact figure to be honest. They live in Boston and we are in the Midwest. They just had a wedding out in San Francisco and she was talking about it. "Great money" were the words she used.

Her husband has a great job and her school is paid for by scholarship that includes a stipend. So I would think it must be significant for her to even consider the stress.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Shit sucks for sure. I know you're joking, but try to not let yourself get in that mind space where you legitimately think a baby is doing anything out of spite. Speaking for myself, it's easy to justify shitty behavior when you're suffering. On particularly rough days I'd tag in the missus and let her know that I needed some time to get my mind right. Obviously this needs to be a rare occurance or you won't be able to do it.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The thing that sucks about these early mornings is I can't really tag her in since she is getting ready to head to work(teacher) and gas to leave by 6. I'm sure it's just a phase but shit man it's brutal. Thank god he's been at least napping good. I can at least get some chill time then.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually started using my Bluetooth noise canceling headphones while my daughter was teething. It really knocked the edge off when I was changing a diaper and she was screaming her head off.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really wanted to bang the wife last night, then the two year old heard thunder and that was over. Kids man..

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The thing that sucks about these early mornings is I can't really tag her in since she is getting ready to head to work(teacher) and gas to leave by 6. I'm sure it's just a phase but shit man it's brutal. Thank god he's been at least napping good. I can at least get some chill time then.
Sleep when they sleep. I still do that with my 3 year old. DADDY NAPS AHOY!

The 5 year old is done with naps though... so that sucks.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I take naps when my kid naps on the weekend. My wife always wants me to do shit but I tell her it's nap time and go to sleep.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The amount of shit I can't get done(wife, housework) when my son is awake makes sleeping and napping a very low priority. Admittedly, I'm writing this from the perspective of a parent that's had their son sleep through the night since 6 months with maybe less than 5 days total regression. I might change my tune if I was (even more) sleep deprived.

But until then, fuck the wife, fix the house...can sleep later.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I really wanted to bang the wife last night, then the two year old heard thunder and that was over. Kids man..
ahhh the good ol' kid cockblock. We've taken to just locking our bedroom door, turn on music, and let them pound on the door for as long as they want. They wander off eventually!

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
ahhh the good ol' kid cockblock. We've taken to just locking our bedroom door, turn on music, and let them pound on the door for as long as they want. They wander off eventually!
Throw a pillow beside the bed and let them sleep on the floor while you go to pound town.