Parent Thread

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh comeon shitass just 1 page ago I was painted as a sociopathic baby raping racist because I was trying to avoid the exact negatives that everyone says the next 10 posts

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am lazy man. I work like 80 hours a week and drive sometimes 4 hours a day based on the whim of Boston traffic.

So God forbid I want a goddamn fucking nap on the weekend

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I am lazy man. I work like 80 hours a week and drive sometimes 4 hours a day based on the whim of Boston traffic.

So God forbid I want a goddamn fucking nap on the weekend
Maybe you should move in with your mom so she can help.

1dsc_8901.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Oh comeon shitass just 1 page ago I was painted as a sociopathic baby raping racist because I was trying to avoid the exact negatives that everyone says the next 10 posts
Sociopath yes, rapist no.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do you predict everyone's 2 year olds in the previous posts will grow up to be the president because their parents were listening to them cry at 430 instead of a voluptuous 18 year old albino swede babe?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Do you predict everyone's 2 year olds in the previous posts will grow up to be the president because their parents were listening to them cry at 430 instead of a voluptuous 18 year old albino swede babe?
No, they'll grow up to be normal people with healthy relationships with their parents.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Man last night I felt terrible for the little guy. He was clearly in pain from his teeth. Screaming at an octave he just doesn't normally hit. He ended up passing out from exhaustion. Was crying hard one second then out cold the next. Teething really does suck.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
We need proof of just how "voluptuous" she is. For science. It might help with my kids teething issues.
Now this isn't my au pair, but this is an au pair thats available right now. For science.

rrr_img_135344.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Au pairs are fine if that's your thing. My idea of raising a child is much different. It's not to say one is better than the other (are there studies?), it's just not for me.

If you want to hire people to take care of your kid 7d x 24h a week, then more power to you.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
If there is one thing I've learned about parenting it's that there is a study that will support any parenting method you wish, or admonish if that is what you are going for.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Au pairs are fine if that's your thing. My idea of raising a child is much different. It's not to say one is better than the other (are there studies?), it's just not for me.

If you want to hire people to take care of your kid 7d x 24h a week, then more power to you.
I am much the same. I simply want to parent. I want to be part of my kids' lives. This is not to say I love everything and every second. There's a lot of really shitty stuff that happens when you're a parent. But it's my family's shitty stuff. I'll deal with it.

And last night one of my daughters told me that she's really looking forward to our pending trip to Yellowstone, because it will be just our family, and we'll have lots of time to be with each other and not have any other expectations (soccer, hockey, etc.). And that melted my heart like you wouldn't believe. A 15 year old girl who is thrillled at the idea of two weeks with no one but her siblings and parents.