Parent Thread

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Our list was decent for the newborn, but we ended up not using most of the stuff on the list.

Things we really needed:

Glass bottles for me to feed the baby with after 2 months when mom when back to work.
Breast Pump for her to use
Cloth Diapers
Moby Wrap

I am struggling to remember anything else that was "must have". Two years later and your brain erases that bad nights and you just recall the good, heh.

Yeah, you need less than you think you do especially if the list is really long. That said, there are some "non-essential" stuff that I thought were really great, but it's always YMMV for that stuff. FWIW the biggest one of those for me was the swaddle sleep sack, where you zip them in and just velcro the wings into a swaddle - super easy, never comes unraveled, and helps them sleep (at least it did ours).

Qerero

In other news I was up four times last night with my son who turns 2 in October. Fuck, I really thought the midnight wakeups would be mostly done by now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In other news I was up four times last night with my son who turns 2 in October. Fuck, I really thought the midnight wakeups would be mostly done by now.
Happens to us occasionally too with a 16 month old (i know not the same). At first it was for teeth - but almost all of them came in at once. A couple weeks ago he ate something and his whole ass turned red.. fuck my life that night.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My 5yo still occasionally gets us up, but she just gets out of her bed and comes to our bed. 3yo does the same thing (though sometimes he just cries or screams if he's having a nightmare or growing pains). 18mo just kicks his crib or cries if he needs attention at night. It is mostly done, but you'll always end up getting up sometime. At least there wasn't any vomit, right?

Qerero

My 5yo still occasionally gets us up, but she just gets out of her bed and comes to our bed. 3yo does the same thing (though sometimes he just cries or screams if he's having a nightmare or growing pains). 18mo just kicks his crib or cries if he needs attention at night. It is mostly done, but you'll always end up getting up sometime. At least there wasn't any vomit, right?

Yeah, I shouldn't complain. After going through a sleep regression at 18 months where it was pretty constant multiple wakeups a night for most nights for around a month (good luck with that if you get the same Noodle), he actually got his sleep mojo back for most of this week without getting up much at all. It's the steps backwards that are kinda frustrating sometimes, but the overall trend is heading in the right direction.

Siliconemelons

pumps... she insisted we buy one.. 300$... used literally once...still rustles me - as I bought her a hand pump to try it out...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
my wife only used ours for a few months and I hated the thing. I mean, besides seeing my wife's engorged breasts all the time, I just hated it. Constantly cleaning that bitch and all those tubes and suction cups was a nighmare.

My wife didn't have much success with breast feeding anyways, she kept getting mastitis and it took a bit but finally we convinced her to just switch to formula. The kid and her were both so much happier.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
my wife only used ours for a few months and I hated the thing. I mean, besides seeing my wife's engorged breasts all the time, I just hated it. Constantly cleaning that bitch and all those tubes and suction cups was a nighmare.

My wife didn't have much success with breast feeding anyways, she kept getting mastitis and it took a bit but finally we convinced her to just switch to formula. The kid and her were both so much happier.

Our first kid was like that. Second kid was a titty monster. If you procreate again don't reject it offhand.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Our first kid was like that. Second kid was a titty monster. If you procreate again don't reject it offhand.
we already talked about it and agreed that we'll go into it with an open mind (health benefits and cost savings obviously), but we'll know better now to just stop when it's an uphill battle.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Whatup, homies. My girlfriend is about 8 weeks along as of today. Time to sell the Z. :(

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Thanks. Jokes aside, we're pretty stoked. She's only had her IUD out less than 3 months. To be honest, I didn't think my sperm worked after all the damage I've done to my body.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just want to point out that I was the first person to know that Soygen was having a kid because he accidentally outed himself and no one else saw it

Edit: Obligatory good luck! Also my wife got pregnant the 2nd time like a month after we started trying. I was a little upset because I wanted to get used to banging twice a day.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I told her that the first person to know was someone on ReRolled. She said: "What is Rerolled?" That was the response I was hoping for.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Minivan-Dad.jpg

Grats Soygen, you'll be an awesome dad. You've had all of the rerolled RRP crow to practice with, eh? :D

RIP 350Z.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Thanks. Jokes aside, we're pretty stoked. She's only had her IUD out less than 3 months. To be honest, I didn't think my sperm worked after all the damage I've done to my body.

Good luck with the flipper baby!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Once I determine whether it's a boy, girl or Zika-baby, we can start the polls.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users