Parent Thread

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I can understand the appeal of the 3D ultrasound pics, but haven't seen any that I thought looked nice enough to justify getting one. I think they're kinda creepy.
Ours was a double check about potential downs syndrome indicators, so we were recommended to get one and we were just given a couple pictures of the face. Kid turned out fine, and the indicator is actually being removed from the list.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can understand the appeal of the 3D ultrasound pics, but haven't seen any that I thought looked nice enough to justify getting one. I think they're kinda creepy.

To me that stuff is just stuff you need to toss in case something bad happens and that I'd never look at again or show anyone elsewhere.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ah, wasn't aware they were used for additional diagnoses/checks. I've only seen/read "look how cute your unborn child is!".

trex

Queen Bee
Taking the kids (24mo and 8mo) and myself to chuck e cheese for the first time tonight. Unsure of what to expect.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Taking the kids (24mo and 8mo) and myself to chuck e cheese for the first time tonight. Unsure of what to expect.
Chuck e cheese? And you call other people trash?

Also you'll probably contract smallebola plague pox. Seriously though, I'm in biodefense and I feel safer working in a BSL4 lab than walking into a place like chuck e cheese

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

trex

Queen Bee
Chuck e cheese? And you call other people trash?

Also you'll probably contract smallebola plague pox. Seriously though, I'm in biodefense and I feel safer working in a BSL4 lab than walking into a place like chuck e cheese

That's what I'm afraid of.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Trying to find a group my wife can join so my kid can play with other kids. It's the one time I think daycare would be helpful. I've considered sending him once a week to socialize. I wonder if it's part of why he's slow to talk.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Trying to find a group my wife can join so my kid can play with other kids. It's the one time I think daycare would be helpful. I've considered sending him once a week to socialize. I wonder if it's part of why he's slow to talk.
My wife did so many different activities with "mom" groups on facebook when our daughter was younger. Now that she is the group thing happens less but my wife has her group of friends/kids from the various groups that do stuff together

Last edited:

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

My wife took our daughter to story time at the library and now there is like a group of 10 of them that do shit together all the time. Start there would be my advice.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Baby monitor recommendations? Ideally something more home oriented that I can continue to use for security++ after she's old enough to not need it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I just got the plain, Graco baby monitor. None of the fancy breathing shit or video or whatever. I went through a lot of different ones, and it really was the best.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We use a Motorola video monitor and its nice. Charges via micro usb and seems pretty good. Charge isn't great but lasts a few hours off power.

Only had a few heart attacks when I turned it on and the last know image pops up for a quick second. It's frightening to turn it on at 3am and see your kid standing up then switches to him laying down.

Wife had her first poop on floor incident. Kid had diaper rash so she let him air it out. He pissed on the floor so she cleaned it. He ran in the other room and dropped a log and more piss. The story I just told you took my wife 45 minutes to tell me.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
We use a Motorola video monitor and its nice. Charges via micro usb and seems pretty good. Charge isn't great but lasts a few hours off power.

Only had a few heart attacks when I turned it on and the last know image pops up for a quick second. It's frightening to turn it on at 3am and see your kid standing up then switches to him laying down.

Wife had her first poop on floor incident. Kid had diaper rash so she let him air it out. He pissed on the floor so she cleaned it. He ran in the other room and dropped a log and more piss. The story I just told you took my wife 45 minutes to tell me.

I had a similar incident with my son. By the time I got to him to clean him up he was playing in it. I ended up throwing up all over his dick and legs. It was a bad time.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
So we had a motorola baby monitor. My stupid ass dropped it and the screen broke. Turns out you can really only buy cameras by themselves. Went without one for abit, then one day at PetSmart I saw a dog monitor (literally the same thing as our baby monitor except it was black not white) on sale for $40. So I bought it.

I suggest checking PetSmart. Same shit, less price because not "baby" marketed.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
We use Summer infant dual view, has a decent sized screen on the monitor and can expand up to 4 cameras. We got this one because it will switch between cameras when we have a 2nd kid.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
We've got a vtech video monitor with two cameras. It's nice: one in the older kids room, one in the baby's room. Swaps between the two, audio only comes on when the audio triggers, sensitivity settings for the audio trigger, shitty zoom on it, night mode, and I can actually talk back through the camera's speaker into the room if necessary ("GO TO BED.").

I had a similar incident with my son. By the time I got to him to clean him up he was playing in it. I ended up throwing up all over his dick and legs. It was a bad time.
What?!

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
We've got a vtech video monitor with two cameras. It's nice: one in the older kids room, one in the baby's room. Swaps between the two, audio only comes on when the audio triggers, sensitivity settings for the audio trigger, shitty zoom on it, night mode, and I can actually talk back through the camera's speaker into the room if necessary ("GO TO BED.").

What?!

My kid smeared shit all over himself and I threw up because of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user