Parent Thread

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Mine had a pretty good cold for a bit as well around 3 months i think. I brought it home from work :/ was pretty pissed about the guy in front of me coughing his lungs out for days.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I can't wait to get into stuff like that. Teach him shit like how to ride a bike, play various sports, and how to farm shit in my fav MMO so I don't have to.

Gets really entertaining when you're playing Battlefield 1 with him; he decides to join the other team, comes looking for you while talking junk and you proceed to kill him five times in a row without dying to him once.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I can't believe my daughter is already 4 months old! Sleep is almost back to normal, which is nice.

20597266_10154596396346510_4526013582677312175_n.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I can't believe my daughter is already 4 months old! Sleep is almost back to normal, which is nice.

View attachment 150547
Hahahahahaha.... hahahahahahahahahaha. She's gonna start getting teeth and growth spurts, and sleep won't be normal.

She's cute though. Nice job (from Mom, I'm assuming).

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My middle child is just starting high school, and tonight she made the varsity soccer team. Her two older sisters are also on the varsity team. You should have seen her tonight, she was a fucking beast in both the middle and back field. She's not tall, but she outran every single person on the field, and her ball control is just unreal.

This might not seem like a big deal to most of you. This is my child that struggles desperately with making friends and finding social groups. She desires social interaction, but is socially awkward. Being on any team instantly creates a community, and we've seen from past experience that she gels well with teammates. Plus, making varsity gives her small "celebrity" status because so few freshman make it. Now there is some excitement about going to high school instead of just anxiety.

As a parent, this makes me so proud of my kid. What an accomplishment! Soccer here is a massive deal, and we love it and our kids have played it their whole lives. This is also my kid who is showing massive promise in hockey. She's motivated, and works hard. But above all of it, my daughter, scared to death of going to a new school where her older sisters are very popular, smiled today when asked about if she was ready to go. Melt my heart. This girl is going to do amazing things, and I'm so damned proud of her.

Not to mention, three of my children will be on ONE team with ONE schedule. That makes life so much easier.

Okay, sorry. End of my bragging moment. Sorry for the rant. This has eased tension that has become more palpable as the school year approaches.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't let them scare you soygen. Aside from a couple weeks where the first few teeth came in, my kid has slept 12 hours a night.

Now the 1 month old. Let me tell you about demons

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My son took teething like a champ and has been sleeping through the night since he was 4 months old, with the exception of certain period of sleep regression, at 1 year and 18 months. Getting into a solid routine helped so much. I have friends and family that free ranged their kids, no set time for naps or bed time and they always complain about their kid not napping or sleeping through the night.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hahahahahaha.... hahahahahahahahahaha. She's gonna start getting teeth and growth spurts, and sleep won't be normal.

She's cute though. Nice job (from Mom, I'm assuming).
Was the same for us. She slept through the night and couple times, pretty much only getting up once to sleep-eat. Then just before 5 months back to multiple times a night, not wanting to go to sleep at bed time, and not going back to sleep after bottles at night/early am.

Apparently its a well documented phase that lasts for about a month; teething can start but also they start perceiving things a little more/different along with some jump in brain development.

On the plus side, it's only a month and she'll be turning into more of a real little person. My daughter has become way more fun and interactive lately. She can sit on her own, trying to crawl, eating baby food, and reaches for us when she wants picked up.

Also, 6 months old today.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Has anyone run across blippi videos? Kid loves to see train videos on YouTube and this blippi came up and the kid just loves everything blippi now.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My wife loaded up this video for our son after having the DVD's recommended to us. The series is created by speech pathologists and while it looks boring as fuck the kid loved it and we saw/heard some crazy shit out of him earlier today.
Quick update on him. He's just now starting to say words and finally copying sounds when he hears them. So the first watch he showed interest while playing. He pointed at some of the toys and vocally showed some interest but that was about it. He asked for more immediately so I played it again for him. The second time around he started copying sounds of some of the toys. And again asked for more. Third time around every time there's a face close up he's copying what she says or does. He's copying the majority of sounds from the toys. I was fucking amazed and shocked. So I went and ordered the beginner words digital download on Amazon. Neither of us can believe what he did with it so if any of you are trying to coax some language out of your kiddos give this a try with them.

• 1Like