Parent Thread

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Since you guys think I have no idea what I'm talking about. I guess it is more like cutting the labia off, but whatever foreskin is full of nerve endings. And the US is one of very few countries that almost always do circumcisions. I get why some of you guys do it (so the kids match the parents), but at the same time in this day and age there is almost no reason to do it. And it can have serious consequences when done incorrectly which does still happen. Sorry if that triggers some of you, but why risk it?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Since you guys think I have no idea what I'm talking about. I guess it is more like cutting the labia off, but whatever foreskin is full of nerve endings. And the US is one of very few countries that almost always do circumcisions. I get why some of you guys do it (so the kids match the parents), but at the same time in this day and age there is almost no reason to do it. And it can have serious consequences when done incorrectly which does still happen. Sorry if that triggers some of you, but why risk it?
That's a pretty huge false equivalency you're making in your opening statement, so why bother even reading the rest of your shitpost?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
The ratio of good to shit is so lopsided it's laughable to think there's anything positive about eating a Big Mac.

No arguments, but I think thats what the article was getting at. There is good stuff, but the whole is still bullshit and bad because of the lopsidedness

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The ratio of good to shit is so lopsided it's laughable to think there's anything positive about eating a Big Mac.

Whats so bad about bread, meat, cheese and lettuce? There's nothing fundamentally wrong with that. The quantity might be too high, too many calories. But I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with a hamburger as long as you skip the fries/soda/milkshake along with it. A 500-600 calorie burger, nothing wrong with that.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Does anyone want to buy five children?

Today sucked the west end of an east-bound horse. We were all up late last night, and everyone seemed to wake up early today, and they were all so bloody grumpy. They were pissy to me and my wife, and they were totally intolerant of each other. It's 10:18 and they are all in bed, lights out, under threat of no phones or screens for a week. If they're like this again tomorrow, my wife and I are going to the beach without them, and they can lord of the flies it at home.
You always seem to have your shit sorted out so to see you have a bad day makes me happy. I hope that doesn't sound fucked up.

Not bad, just not ideal, idk. Just nice to know you're not alone, you know.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You always seem to have your shit sorted out so to see you have a bad day makes me happy. I hope that doesn't sound fucked up.

Not bad, just not ideal, idk. Just nice to know you're not alone, you know.

I know exactly what you mean. If I come off as always having my shit sorted, I apologise for a gross misrepresentation. We have plenty of cock-ups here, it's just that my wife and I have more available time than most parents our age. I think that gives the impression that we have everything together. I'm still dealing with four teenagers and a 9 year old, so please don't imagine life is smooth sailing over here.

But I get it. I don't exactly take delight when I see other parents struggling, but it is reaffirming to know others deal with the same shit day in and day out. If only these little fucking people came with manuals.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I go to the store and my kid is just sitting calmly eating some crunchies and s a 2 year old goes by screaming his head off I take great delight

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
One teen is too many for us, it's tough. I can't imagine 4. If you started a gofundme to take a weekend i'd totally throw $5 in

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My 13 year old isn't too bad right now. He's kind of moody and uncommunicative, but doesn't get in trouble at school and gets good grades. Once you get him talking he's a normal person but like a lot of teenagers he just doesn't share much. You really have to pry to get anywhere. Overall though he's not much trouble at all.

Ryanz

<Banned>
100 days left until I'm officially in the dad club. Nursery is going to be Zelda themed. Just got a Hylian Shield + Master Sword for the wall. Nice excuse to buy toys :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm teaching my 3yo to ride a bike. It's awesome fun, one of those dad things I was really looking forward to.

• 1Solidarity

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't wait to get into stuff like that. Teach him shit like how to ride a bike, play various sports, and how to farm shit in my fav MMO so I don't have to.

Last night he had his first night in his converted toddler bed. We had no idea how he would do but man it went way better than either of us expected. Did the standard night time routine then he climbed right into bed himself and snuggled up with all his stuffed pals. He slept all night and woke up at 6:30. 7:30 is his usually wake-up time. My wife went in this morning when he started whining. He standing at the side of the crib like he was still trapped. Can't imagine it'll take him long to figure that out. But so far so good. Fingers crossed!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can't wait to get into stuff like that. Teach him shit like how to ride a bike, play various sports, and how to farm shit in my fav MMO so I don't have to.

Last night he had his first night in his converted toddler bed. We had no idea how he would do but man it went way better than either of us expected. Did the standard night time routine then he climbed right into bed himself and snuggled up with all his stuffed pals. He slept all night and woke up at 6:30. 7:30 is his usually wake-up time. My wife went in this morning when he started whining. He standing at the side of the crib like he was still trapped. Can't imagine it'll take him long to figure that out. But so far so good. Fingers crossed!
Awesome man. Ours took one night of "no no no" to "awesome I'm loving this" and he's been using it since. The funny thing is even now months later he refuses to get out of the bed unless we get him. He's fallen out twice so far too, glad we got a carpet under his bed.

The 1month old is sick (as we all are) and it's fucking hell. He can't breathe so it sounds like an old man sleeping in our room. Who am I kidding.... Sleep..... Heh