Parent Thread

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Well gentlemen the severe anxiety and stress has begun! She already called her doctor for an emergency blood test check because she was freaking out all day. Pacing back and forth in her class. She teachers high school special ed, fyi. Stressing so bad she gave herself diarrhea. I told her we're gonna be banging a lot more. We're both in a better mood after sex so hop on it and lets go!

Pregnancy hormones are a bitch. My wife can go from crying to angry in a heartbeat.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Pregnancy hormones are a bitch. My wife can go from crying to angry in a heartbeat.
Oh yeah the first pregnancy was a roller coaster. We had a miscarriage at 10 months years ago. Once we get passed the early viability concern phase things will ease up. That's her main focus of anxiety right now.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Oh yeah the first pregnancy was a roller coaster. We had a miscarriage at 10 months years ago. Once we get passed the early viability concern phase things will ease up. That's her main focus of anxiety right now.

I think my wife is only half serious when she asks me if we can find a doctor or nurse come live with us for nine months.

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Pregnancy hormones are what made my wife say she wanted a divorce and doesn't love me any longer. She changed her mind, though. It's pretty fucked up that something like that is on the table.

Siliconemelons

When my wife clears her head and comes out of her insane hormone driven insanity I like to say "So you cant just control being mean and irritable?" "no, its just like...I cant" then I say "That is what its like when I am horny" she pauses looks and says "no, its not the same, YOU can control yourself! I CANT" heheh trying to get women to understand anything is almost impossible- women have low ability to "in others peoples shoes" or "play devils advocate"

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pregnancy hormones are what made my wife say she wanted a divorce and doesn't love me any longer. She changed her mind, though. It's pretty fucked up that something like that is on the table.
There's pregnancy hormones and there's insane. She shouldn't be allowed to just dump that shit on you because she's pregnant.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Aren't men supposed to be aggressive and violent due to our hormones? But we don't knock a bitch the fuck out then go "oh sorry babe hormones" and she's all "oh I understand, mine make me crazy too."

Why do women seem to get a pass on acting totally batshit crazy because they're hormonal?

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Aren't men supposed to be aggressive and violent due to our hormones? But we don't knock a bitch the fuck out then go "oh sorry babe hormones" and she's all "oh I understand, mine make me crazy too."

Why do women seem to get a pass on acting totally batshit crazy because they're hormonal?

They are taught that I would assume but I'll never tell my wife that

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have healthy debates with my wife about that all the time.

And funny thing about men's hormones. If you read the marriage thread I had a recent outburst where I threatened violence against her. I shoulda played it off as hormonal! Damn it! I coulda saved face!

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
When my oldest son was between 2-3 and was really starting to run he smacked his head right into the corner of a coffee table and as head wounds do, it was bleeding like a sumbitch. Luckily I steal shit from work and one of the things I grabbed from a bunch of first aid kits we had was this stuff http://a.co/2sSZUrE. I came across it in my bathroom while looking for an ace bandage and figured what the hell, so I poured some on there and the bleeding stopped almost immediately. We still took him to ER but they actually said the wound seal stuff probably save him from stitches.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Must be having a sleep regression. Fucking awful.

My kid for the last month or so, wakes up in the middle of the night, some time between 12 and 2 and yells for me. I go into this room and just tell him to get back into bed, he does and goes right back to sleep. Then he'll wake sometime between 5 and 5:30 for good. No matter what we try, we just can't get him to sleep through the night and he used to go to sleep from like 8pm to 6am. We've even tried one of those stupid clocks that turn green to tell him when its ok to get out of bed. He loves it when it turns green but just hasn't quite grasped that he needs to stay in bed until it does. The only time I get a full nights sleep is when he stays at a grandparents house.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My daughter yesterday was showing me the stuff she got from school. She got some little toy connect 4 thing, she had a letter about the book fair, and told me she won a purple vibrating thing from the treasure box. So later, going through her bag I find it and... yeah, exactly what I thought it was. The night prior she had asked if she could chill in my room on my computer and do her reading stuff, apparently she went exploring. She says she didn't pull it out of her backpack, idk, we will see if I get sheriffs showing up at my door or incredibly awkward letters home fromt he school.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm really sorry. Lost my dad to the same shit.

Sorry to hear that, and thanks. Mom's the planner though, she's working on every angle, knows when she needs to sell the house if he passes within a certain amount of time based on social security and pension milestones, all that jazz. If their roles were reversed (and they were somewhat, almost lost mom when her gal bladder/pancreas tried to kill her a couple years ago).

Update on my drama, sister seems to be on board with temporary guardianship, but now her ex says he wants to get an apartment - not sure how genuine or thought out that sentiment is. The tricky thing w/ the temporary guardianship is they can't use our insurance. They've got medicaid or something now from their mom though, so hopefully we'd be able to use that to get the evaluations and other stuff the kids need. The idea of switching schools though sounds like a wreck on a wreck (thanks to the movie Unstoppable for that phrase), but we live 40 minutes each way from their current school.

First meeting with a lawyer next week.

iannis

Musty Nester
My daughter yesterday was showing me the stuff she got from school. She got some little toy connect 4 thing, she had a letter about the book fair, and told me she won a purple vibrating thing from the treasure box. So later, going through her bag I find it and... yeah, exactly what I thought it was. The night prior she had asked if she could chill in my room on my computer and do her reading stuff, apparently she went exploring. She says she didn't pull it out of her backpack, idk, we will see if I get sheriffs showing up at my door or incredibly awkward letters home fromt he school.

So it really IS a treasure box.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Sorry to hear that, and thanks. Mom's the planner though, she's working on every angle, knows when she needs to sell the house if he passes within a certain amount of time based on social security and pension milestones, all that jazz. If their roles were reversed (and they were somewhat, almost lost mom when her gal bladder/pancreas tried to kill her a couple years ago).

Update on my drama, sister seems to be on board with temporary guardianship, but now her ex says he wants to get an apartment - not sure how genuine or thought out that sentiment is. The tricky thing w/ the temporary guardianship is they can't use our insurance. They've got medicaid or something now from their mom though, so hopefully we'd be able to use that to get the evaluations and other stuff the kids need. The idea of switching schools though sounds like a wreck on a wreck (thanks to the movie Unstoppable for that phrase), but we live 40 minutes each way from their current school.

First meeting with a lawyer next week.
Each state manages its Medicaid program differently. If a state chooses to participate in it, there are certain aspects the Feds dictate must be included. Medicaid for children typically has more tests, treatments and services than adult program. Finding providers is always the challenge in my state, that and whether or not the person is in a managed care plan.
Your state social service agency website should be able to shed some light on coverage. You will need to get mom to sign authorizing documents so you can act on the kids behalf with the Medicaid agent.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Well looks like the pregnancy didn't take this time. Her levels are going down. Having it happen unplanned/unexpectedly takes the sting off but still sucks. I already told her I wouldn't mind if we actually kept trying. Time to limber up and get to work!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Each state manages its Medicaid program differently. If a state chooses to participate in it, there are certain aspects the Feds dictate must be included. Medicaid for children typically has more tests, treatments and services than adult program. Finding providers is always the challenge in my state, that and whether or not the person is in a managed care plan.
Your state social service agency website should be able to shed some light on coverage. You will need to get mom to sign authorizing documents so you can act on the kids behalf with the Medicaid agent.

I think that in order to do this right, the temporary option isn't going to work. Need them on our insurance, etc. It's not like we're going for custody and adoption. If in a year or three they've got a stable home this whole arrangement can be reevaluated - but we expect and plan for it to be permanent and they'd spend some weekends with dad or mom. The less automatically-temporary option makes it a lot harder on everyone - especially the kids - to change schools and engage a bunch of professionals to start to get them the longer term help that they need.

Back to cars, we're in love with the Flex. Pacifica and Sedona are a distant second.

Woefully Inept Woefully Inept sorry man. Good luck.