Parent Thread

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
She never didn't believe me. And upon showing her proof/my son's next day confession..She is forcing him to go to the grandparents and tell them he lied.

Ah my misunderstanding - don't have an answer for in-laws, mine love me.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, that sucks. I don't really know what to say about it. If your wife insists on keeping her family around, even if they are a cancer, you can't really do anything about that. Maybe other people have a better answer, but I sure don't.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
She never didn't believe me. And upon showing her proof/my son's next day confession..She is forcing him to go to the grandparents and tell them he lied.

The problem lies in the fact that the in laws have NEVER liked me. They see my teenage, hate the world, angsty cause its cool, street racing/trouble with the law self. They don't see the IT director at a multinational company, who for years has been a loyal and loving husband to their daughter. They don't see the man who drives 2.5 hours each way to work, to work 60+ hour weeks on average (albeit, thats been lesser last month or so), to provide for his family. They don't see the stalwart defense I have provided my goddamn family from anything that might hurt them.

Instead, they make snide remarks that I take a small portion of my salary each month for a hobby they think is stupid, or tell my wife I might be cheating on her.

I guess I'm just afraid of their fucking mind games finally being able to take root in her brain with as crazy as the other night was.
I thought you not being allowed to come home was an implied I don't believe you and think its true, so don't come home.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I thought you not being allowed to come home was an implied I don't believe you and think its true, so don't come home.

Her explanation for that was she wanted to get the truth out of my Son, and felt that it would take me not being home to get that.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that sucks. I don't really know what to say about it. If your wife insists on keeping her family around, even if they are a cancer, you can't really do anything about that. Maybe other people have a better answer, but I sure don't.

Eh, it'll work out or it wont.

At least now I have a reason not to go to Christmas.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Godspeed, the methotrexate worked quickly on my wife and we went to Hawaii in spite of it all to reset.
She was in the bathroom puking at work today and was really miserable when she got home. Took the kid and an audio book out for a long ride so she could just chill out with some quiet for a bit.
Hopefully it passes fairly quickly. I've actually be on this drug for chemo before at a much higher dose and I can't imagine it'll last that much longer. Fingers crossed. She does not handle being sick well. haha

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The little lady turned 8 months earlier this week. 6 teeth in, at least one more on the way. She's been standing unsupported quite a bit lately, can make it up to around 5 seconds pretty consistently. Thinking she'll be walking by 10 months, really need to up out baby proofing game.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
She's standing in the middle of a room? The hardest part for a child to walk is taking that first unsupported step. Sure, they walk all over using the couch to hold on to, but they almost need to trick themselves into walking without support.

My daughter took her first few steps while carrying a new Christmas toy. Then she realized she was only holding the toy and she stopped walking, then collapsed to the ground. She was walking all over shortly there after.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
She woke up in severe pain and we went in to see her doctor. They did a quick manual exam then sent us over to the ER where we are now. They'll be doing an ultrasound and hopefully give her some pain meds.
As we're leaving one of th nurses goes "Hopefully you won't need surgery." Why the fuck would you say that to someone they know has anxiety issues and is clearly borderline panicking already?! I hate medical professionals sometimes. Some of them are just inconsiderate twats.

• 2Solidarity

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
We got home from the ER about an hour ago. Thankfully the ultrasound didn't show anything alarming. They wanted to rule out any ectopic pregnancy concerns. We were told the pain isn't out of the ordinary in cases like hers but it being a severe as it was we did the right thing going in.
What a long exhausting day. Time to get high as fuuuuuuck. My reward. lol

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Today the pain was still pretty severe. They want her to see how she does overnight with the pain. If it's still bad in the morning then that most likely means surgery. I'm already exhausted thinking about it.

iannis

Musty Nester
Women can die from this sort of thing. Its worth serious, honest, consideration if they recommend a histo. But I doubt you have a lot of time to consider it.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh I know. It's just exhausting and looks like we're heading back in today. Pain was still really bad this morning. Just want this shit resolved. It's torture watching her go through this. :(

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Damn man. You guys got VIP passes to the hospital at this point?

Our kid is just about 3 months and we've started being able to put him down awake and he'll fall asleep himself. Also sleeping 12 hours. I know there are regressions but this is awesome.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Damn man. You guys got VIP passes to the hospital at this point?

Our kid is just about 3 months and we've started being able to put him down awake and he'll fall asleep himself. Also sleeping 12 hours. I know there are regressions but this is awesome.
Nice, wish we could do that. She sleeps fine once down but fights it pretty hard until she's out.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So nothing but bloodwork was done today. Her HCG level went down 14%, they wanted to see 15%. The plan for now is to do blood again tomorrow.
At this point if they don't like what they see that means a biopsy or they go in and most likely remove one or both of her tubes.
I told her I don't care about any future pregnancy possibilities. I just want this resolved so she's safe and healthy.

Forgot this part. They tested her liver function in case they were going to give another dose of the methotrexate. I don't know what the numbers were but she's having liver function issues as well so another dose is not an option. That pretty much just leaves the surgery for any kind of intervention on their part.

Yeah just a little stressed.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So nothing but bloodwork was done today. Her HCG level went down 14%, they wanted to see 15%. The plan for now is to do blood again tomorrow.
At this point if they don't like what they see that means a biopsy or they go in and most likely remove one or both of her tubes.
I told her I don't care about any future pregnancy possibilities. I just want this resolved so she's safe and healthy.

Forgot this part. They tested her liver function in case they were going to give another dose of the methotrexate. I don't know what the numbers were but she's having liver function issues as well so another dose is not an option. That pretty much just leaves the surgery for any kind of intervention on their part.

Yeah just a little stressed.
Looks like I owe both you and your wife a root beer now. Hopefully this all works out for you guys.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
My two heathens are at least evil geniuses. Both on the Honor Roll and I couldn't be more proud. It's kind of funny. We are REQUIRED to go to parent teacher conferences even though they are both A students (and it's academic discussion only). I mean really. "Hey your kid's doing awesome." "We know, bye" Then have to fight through the hordes of helicopter and absentee parents for a half hour to get out of there.

• 1Like