Parent Thread

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am looking for an interface to make a Windows PC Kid Friendly. I understand I can do with via WIndows 10, but I think there are many flaws with how MS does it. Ideally I would be able to green light certain programs like Steam to give them access to games etc. Any suggestions?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was a nerdy kid in high school and in band and choir. I can't remember if it was my junior or senior year that the football coach called me a pussy out load with a few other students around. He didn't like that I had chosen band over Varsity football after playing in Freshman and JV football. Kinda surprised me, but I just shrugged it off. Pretty sure that guy got convicted for some shady shit with school fundraisers down the line. Karma!

As Noodle says, my oldest is only 4 years old, but it's gonna be hard not to go all Papa bear when there's bullying. I hope my kids not the bullier, but if that happens, I'll go all Papa bear on my own child.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I was a nerdy kid in high school and in band and choir. I can't remember if it was my junior or senior year that the football coach called me a pussy out load with a few other students around. He didn't like that I had chosen band over Varsity football after playing in Freshman and JV football. Kinda surprised me, but I just shrugged it off. Pretty sure that guy got convicted for some shady shit with school fundraisers down the line. Karma!

As Noodle says, my oldest is only 4 years old, but it's gonna be hard not to go all Papa bear when there's bullying. I hope my kids not the bullier, but if that happens, I'll go all Papa bear on my own child.

To a certain extent a fistfight by the flag pole is a fine thing and teaches boys to stand up for themselves and be men. I think you need to let your kids fight those battles even if they lose.

That's not what we're dealing with with this situation, obviously a large boy picking on a girl or a constant bullying thing is unacceptable. But thats not to say that all fighting is bad and that any violence should be zero tolerance. They may have to fight out in the world, there's no sense in completely insulating them from that.

lindz

#DDs
Well, spoke with the principal. she blew it off. Told me that the kids were just "jockying to get the chair" yesterday. I said I could understand that if it had been an isolated incident but given that we have three other episodes of verbal and physical assault, I needed her to take it seriously. She said she'd talk to him and his parents again to which I replied that was clearly not working and I was concerned my daughter's safety was not at all being taken seriously. I asked for the boy to be removed from the class at least, which she refused to do. She said she'd move my daughter though. Um, not a chance. I'm not having my kid punished when she's the victim. So I said I'd have to go to the police as the next step. Which I'm now heading out to do.

I seriously don't understand how this isn't being taken seriously. A suspension (after which another incident occurred) and 'talking' to him? This stuff is obviously not getting through to him. I'm going to try to be calm and go through the right channels with this, but like... I could cause such a fucking stink if I brought this to the media or social media. This is a brand new elementary school - 2 months old - and the principal is letting little girls be physically assaulted and not taking immediate steps to ensure the safety of her students. It's mind boggling.

And to make it all worse, to be basically be told my kid is lying. "The art teacher was standing nearby and she didn't see anything." Well maybe that's because you have 36 kids in the class and she can't watch anything with that many kids.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I was the fat kid in school

I got bullied a lot. It stopped when I learned to take out the knee at the start of the fight.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was bullied up til like 3rd grade but I hit puberty really early and was over 5 feet tall by 5th grade. No one fucked with me ever again

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Fat kid in school and my best friend was a string bean. He thought it was hilarious to rib me and call me fat while playing sports. Until the day he hit my limit while playing basketball. I had him up against his garage door with my hands around his throat. Never called me fat or anything else ever again for that matter. We're still very good friends to this day.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fat kid in school and my best friend was a string bean. He thought it was hilarious to rib me and call me fat while playing sports. Until the day he hit my limit while playing basketball. I had him up against his garage door with my hands around his throat. Never called me fat or anything else ever again for that matter. We're still very good friends to this day.
How's that nostalgia moments go? Hey bro, remember that time I choked you out? Good times! lol

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
How's that nostalgia moments go? Hey bro, remember that time I choked you out? Good times! lol
Actually he says he doesn't remember it happening and I believe him. The look of shock and fear on his face when I turned and drove him 6 feet straight back to the garage door with my hand firmly on his throat was very genuine. Also I should have mentioned he was small dude as a kid. I had at least half a foot and at least 50 pounds on him. He had every right to be scared shitless. I could have turned him into pulp with no effort at all. He was my bro but he had a lesson to learn. haha

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, spoke with the principal. she blew it off. Told me that the kids were just "jockying to get the chair" yesterday. I said I could understand that if it had been an isolated incident but given that we have three other episodes of verbal and physical assault, I needed her to take it seriously. She said she'd talk to him and his parents again to which I replied that was clearly not working and I was concerned my daughter's safety was not at all being taken seriously. I asked for the boy to be removed from the class at least, which she refused to do. She said she'd move my daughter though. Um, not a chance. I'm not having my kid punished when she's the victim. So I said I'd have to go to the police as the next step. Which I'm now heading out to do.

I seriously don't understand how this isn't being taken seriously. A suspension (after which another incident occurred) and 'talking' to him? This stuff is obviously not getting through to him. I'm going to try to be calm and go through the right channels with this, but like... I could cause such a fucking stink if I brought this to the media or social media. This is a brand new elementary school - 2 months old - and the principal is letting little girls be physically assaulted and not taking immediate steps to ensure the safety of her students. It's mind boggling.

And to make it all worse, to be basically be told my kid is lying. "The art teacher was standing nearby and she didn't see anything." Well maybe that's because you have 36 kids in the class and she can't watch anything with that many kids.

Don't forget the lawyer part, too. If your work has a free consultation thing like mine does, use it to the max. Make that principal as scared of you as your daughter is of that bully.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

Not sure on your location/setup for education, but we've got school districts and superintendents that are in charge of all of the schools in the district. I'd write a letter or leave a voicemail with the superintendent about going to the police for assault, and make sure to state that the principal isn't doing anything when it's being brought forward. I would certainly bring it toward some local media outlet too.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Not sure on your location/setup for education, but we've got school districts and superintendents that are in charge of all of the schools in the district. I'd write a letter or leave a voicemail with the superintendent about going to the police for assault, and make sure to state that the principal isn't doing anything when it's being brought forward. I would certainly bring it toward some local media outlet too.
It seems that at this point she hasn't contacted anyone he district and the principal probably hasn't brought it to their attention either. There's also the school board, which the district reports to. I would exhaust 'internal' discussion before going to the media.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Media probably isn't going to care if there aren't visible injuries yet.

Also if the child is white and not a part of some oppressed group, there won't be interest in a story.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This can be easily spun into an SJW headline. "Local School Refuses To Address Violence Against Girls" or something.