Parent Thread

Siliconemelons

Re: names

Greek naming tradition is first son is the middle name of father is first and first is middle.

Like Nick George's son would be George Nick etc etc.

My brother is a goober and named his son after himself directly - even though he does not like his first name and goes by his middle- and calls his son his middle name- so if he DID do tradition his sons first name would be the name they call him! Argh..

Anywho- so I did my own, if I had a son he would have my middle as first and my first as middle - so I flipped my initials for my girls, so both at A J, if we have a 3rd girl she will be A J and we have a name

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I know elf on the shelf is sort of hipster level shit but goddamn it works. My MIL got us one and we've been moving him around at night. My son named him Fred (?????) and tells us that he's being good because Fred is always watching.

Also... Uh... We opened the box and Fred was fucking black. Not that I mind but my son keeps saying he's a shadow

Fred is creepy as fuck. He looks like that guy at a party who says "I like to watch."

We've never done elf on the shelf, but it sounds kinda fun.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Fred is creepy as fuck. He looks like that guy at a party who says "I like to watch."

We've never done elf on the shelf, but it sounds kinda fun.
Your kids are too old, unless you do the funny like with elf doing a line off if barbie's ass.

My daughter laughs her ass off every moring when she finds where I put our elf.

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah my son finds it hilarious. This morning he was hanging off the tree and my son nearly, or possibly did, shit his pants.

• 1Worf

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My wife got a super-hero costume for our elf, and set her up reading a book about how to catch elves.

My oldest grabs the book, reads it, then puts it back. My middle grabs the book, looks at the pictures, puts it back. My oldest grabs the book again, and somehow knocks the elf over and starts crying. I tell them both to go get Mom to see what we can do, and as I'm fixing the fucking elf the oldest comes back up and sees me. Now we need to do some glitter bullshit for the elf to get her magic back.

:|

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I know elf on the shelf is sort of hipster level shit but goddamn it works. My MIL got us one and we've been moving him around at night. My son named him Fred (?????) and tells us that he's being good because Fred is always watching.

Also... Uh... We opened the box and Fred was fucking black. Not that I mind but my son keeps saying he's a shadow

Your son is Racist.

• 1Worf

Arative

Vyemm Raider
We tried to do the elf this year and my son said I don't want an elf at my house.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We tried to do the elf this year and my son said I don't want an elf at my house.
That made me laugh out loud, bonus points if it was a "shadow" man.

Took my son to the La Salette shrine, local attraction here. Church grounds puts up millions of lights and Christmas displays. We aren't religious but it is truly the most insane light show I've ever seen. It was the greatest day of my son's life. Felt cool because it was just me and him.

His hands got really cold and he cried in the car and told me his hands were broken :/

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
These are the kind of stories that get me pumped to have a kid. Scared, but pumped

They can be pretty cool. Still weird though when some random girl walks by and my son (17) says, “damn that girl has a fat booty.”

• 1Worf

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
They can be pretty cool. Still weird though when some random girl walks by and my son (17) says, “damn that girl has a fat booty.”

monica.jpg

My son is only 5 so at this point he just says cute stuff to random people like :

"I'm growing a beard, see"
"Oh, good griefs"
"I'm going to get married"... "To who"... "Lauren (his sister)".... "You can't marry your sister"...."Mommy"...."Mommy is already married"....."*names random girl in daycare*"

• 2Like

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Get it to where he can say "Mommy is sleeping in Heaven" so when you two are out by yourselves he can up his game of being your Wing man.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My nine year old today, for the first time, seemed to notice that a girl in his class, who is cute, has been giving him a LOT of attention. Today, they spent recess together because they wanted to try and play one-on-one dodge ball.

I can't decide if I'm pleased about this or horrified.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My nine year old today, for the first time, seemed to notice that a girl in his class, who is cute, has been giving him a LOT of attention. Today, they spent recess together because they wanted to try and play one-on-one dodge ball.

I'd be both but then I don't remember being interested in girls until I was maybe 11 or 12.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Is one-on-one dodge ball a euphemism in this case? I know it would be for me.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Spanking has its place in your repertoire of tools as a parent, but it should be the last resort. Things that need immediate obedience. Screaming in public, hitting their siblings or animals, etc. Short sharp shock of pain makes the lesson stick. It's Pavlovian. Words are best, but they won't always be effective. If you're not willing and able to do your duty as a parent, then you are failing your child in the long run. Spare the rod, spoil the child isn't hyperbole. You can look at the self entitled cunts running the SJW show for all the proof you'll ever need for that.
This is exactly correct, and similar to how I use spanking (last resort, rarely used). You sound like a good parent.
You sound like a piece of shit
You sound like you're once again expressing strong opinions about something you dont actually know anything about. Just zyyzyzzy things.

• 2Solidarity

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
This is exactly correct, and similar to how I use spanking (last resort, rarely used). You sound like a good parent.

You sound like you're once again expressing strong opinions about something you dont actually know anything about. Just zyyzyzzy things.
Nope. Have a 4.5 year old daughter. Never once spanked or had the need to. Me or my 2 sisters were never spanked either. Keep being a shitty human being though.

• 1Picard