Parent Thread

Arative

Vyemm Raider
How did it make you feel?

I was fine with it. I don't think I really understood that it was a date because my dad never discussed it with me and I had really just turned 12.

I never had a problem with either of my parents dating

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I recommend fish oil for adhd, there are liquid kinds you can put on his food.

I recommend you see a doctor and get properly prescribed drugs for ADHD. Two members of my family have it, and the drugs are life changing in every good way possible.

Don't give me this shit about it being over diagnosed. There are cases, such as ours, where we resisted meds and tried everysinglefuckingthing before going to the doctor. I wish we went years earlier.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Are you talking about hitting the Omega-3's?

If so:

Costco Wholesale

Really good, I've been taking multi's for a bit and finding a good kids multi is hard especially for an All-in-one. The "Reports" are all over the place in terms of effectiveness but none of us eat all the things we should be eating, especially without much "Hunter / Gatherer" left in society. Either way, they are nice gummies and have a decent amount of O-3 for kids.

We were giving them those but the fish oil amount is so low so I switched back to doterra kids chewable vitamin and their liquid fish oil. We can definitely tell a change in behavior with our more difficult twin after less than a week on fish oil.

We had gotten lazy over the summer so they went without for a couple months. Five or six days after I started giving it to them again my wife commented about her behavior being a lot better. Told her we started the fish oil again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I recommend you see a doctor and get properly prescribed drugs for ADHD. Two members of my family have it, and the drugs are life changing in every good way possible.

Don't give me this shit about it being over diagnosed. There are cases, such as ours, where we resisted meds and tried everysinglefuckingthing before going to the doctor. I wish we went years earlier.

Solid advice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
We were giving them those but the fish oil amount is so low so I switched back to doterra kids chewable vitamin and their liquid fish oil.

That is a metric fuckton of fish oil.

Have you asked your DR about that?

(Full disclosure, reading more about it now)

For some reason I was under the impression that over 1500 MG a day was a recommendation for adults and they suggested nothing over 2000-2500.

Either way it looks like the worry is generally mercury if consuming it naturally and "No worry" if consuming it in supplement form..

Good to know, thanks for the legwork LOL!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thankfully I am not retarded enough to blindly give my kids pills. I think 3.5 is too early to rule it ADHD anyways

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Thankfully I am not retarded enough to blindly give my kids pills. I think 3.5 is too early to rule it ADHD anyways

With my youngest I resisted until he was half-way through kindergarten. So that was 6 I guess. I hated so much at that age to get in to the daily pill for him thing, but like I said, it was life changing.

Talk to your doctors, and when it seems like a pill might help (like at school), keep your mind open.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
That is a metric fuckton of fish oil.

Have you asked your DR about that?

(Full disclosure, reading more about it now)

For some reason I was under the impression that over 1500 MG a day was a recommendation for adults and they suggested nothing over 2000-2500.

Either way it looks like the worry is generally mercury if consuming it naturally and "No worry" if consuming it in supplement form..

Good to know, thanks for the legwork LOL!

They put dha/epa in baby formula, I’m not concerned about them taking some fish oil which’ll probably have a net benefit and lower their cholesterol from all the damn chicken nuggets and fries.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Has anyone posted anything regarding free shit or point gaining services relating to diapers, formula, baby food, etc?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Also, no kid fucking listens. ADHD, fuck that. Fundamental discipline. And I'm not talking beating them with a stick. It's your responsibility as a parent to instruct and provide order. More often their minds are massive sponges for information and they're not being given enough sources to quench them.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Has anyone posted anything regarding free shit or point gaining services relating to diapers, formula, baby food, etc?
Subscribe and save from Amazon is one of the only things I noticed... also Huggies or Pampers has some "collect this many things for a discount" thing attached to them. We didn't do subscribe and save for diapers, but did for wipes

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also, no kid fucking listens. ADHD, fuck that. Fundamental discipline. And I'm not talking beating them with a stick. It's your responsibility as a parent to instruct and provide order. More often their minds are massive sponges for information and they're not being given enough sources to quench them.
No there's a clear dilineation between ADHD and a kid just not listening

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider

My wife was using the codes on pampers wipes and diapers. Problem is, once shit was gone, it was gone. She had almost saved up enough points for free $25 gift cards to some stores, then opps they're gone. She just said fuck it and stopped doing it.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My girl is 20 months old now, and all a sudden (over the last 2 months) it became easier. Very rarely complain when going to bed, sleeps from 8:30pm to 7:30am pretty much every day. She's eating whatever we give her. When she throw a tantrum and start rolling on the floor, we just have to ignore her 30 seconds and she's back on her feet. She's enjoying herself at the nursery, she's starting to socialize there (she's constantly playing with a boy, can call his name, she'll go wake him up if he's not done with his nap when she wakes up... poor boy) . I don't know if that's just temporary, but it's been going on for a month, and it sure feels good to have a little break !

I let her watch a bit of anime on my nap before going to bed, she's enjoying it, laughing and commenting it "boom" "meow" "apple" stuff like that, but fuck a lot of anime are straight SJW propaganda aimed at the yougest childs. Fortunately there's masha & the bear which she loves. Fuck these western anime, with half a dozen "Ph. D" working on them, I noticed that on the credit. I didn't check, but i'm pretty sure it's not astronomy Ph. D.

Fortunately I was born in the early 80's, my parents didn't give a shit as to what I was watching on TV, but when I was 3 years old, it was Fist of the North star that was on TV so it was fine...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Now that my kid is in preschool, swimming, and visiting others for playdates he's sick nearly 24/7. It's kind of.miraculous because I was always the guy always sick but these little dudes have hardened my immune system.

That said, we got.a rager coursing through our house now. He's coughing ALL NIGHT LONG. He won't nap, barely eats or drinks, has a fever (but not an insane fever). The worst is his coughing is keeping him up all night. He hasn't slept an hour or two in 3 days, and that means my wife and I haven't either. Got the humidifier going, cycling Tylenol and ibuprofen, Vicks on the chest. It's just nutty.

Somehow, the one year old is not only sleeping through this but he's taken to sleeping in now until 845 (used to be 600). The worst is my life has become catching coughs in my mouth so I'm FUCKED

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Now that my kid is in preschool, swimming, and visiting others for playdates he's sick nearly 24/7. It's kind of.miraculous because I was always the guy always sick but these little dudes have hardened my immune system.

That said, we got.a rager coursing through our house now. He's coughing ALL NIGHT LONG. He won't nap, barely eats or drinks, has a fever (but not an insane fever). The worst is his coughing is keeping him up all night. He hasn't slept an hour or two in 3 days, and that means my wife and I haven't either. Got the humidifier going, cycling Tylenol and ibuprofen, Vicks on the chest. It's just nutty.

Somehow, the one year old is not only sleeping through this but he's taken to sleeping in now until 845 (used to be 600). The worst is my life has become catching coughs in my mouth so I'm FUCKED

Get a doc to see him, they’ll probably give you a nebulizer to do at home breathing treatment for the severe coughing.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Nebing kids sucks, but if they get used to the process they get over coughs and shit so much faster.