Parent Thread

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I just want to get away, and have my own backyard, with a barbeque, and be at a place that my daughter will grow up safe.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, winters are a thing, but it's hard to beat the midwest. If you look at Indiana, for example, house prices are unreasonably cheap. Just down the street from me a place is for sale - a bit ranch with a walk out basement. about 2,600 square feet, five bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, $210,000. Comes with an acre of land, which is a huge yard if you're coming from any city situation. You have to be able to find work, of course. And today, for example, there was an ice storm, and every school within 100 miles is closed. I love living here, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I just want to get away, and have my own backyard, with a barbeque, and be at a place that my daughter will grow up safe.

South Texas. San Antonio, Houston, etc. Austin’s great but is getting very expensive

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'm a big fan of the South East. Savannah, GA is real nice, I like Charleston, SC a lot - maybe not in the city but North Charleston and the suburb area is great. I live in NC myself and like it better than WA state where I'm originally from.

I just got back from Miami. I go once per quarter or so for work and it's always a good time. I definitely couldn't see myself living there though. Too hectic and I no hablo.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
My brother and his family live Mount Pleasant just outside of Charleston and it's awesome, and has good schools.

We live in NC as well, but in a smaller city - it's ok, but as someone noted earlier really depends on what you want. I'd put Mount Pleasant, SC up near the top of my list.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
A good friend of mine that's an accountant bought a big house in Mount Pleasant. It's a very pricey area. He's somewhere on Coolidge Street.

Last edited:

iannis

Musty Nester
I like western and central nc. Winters are mild, summers will make you hate god. We've got a fair amount of latins, blacks, and whites, and usually nobody is killing each other.

I really like the Georgia mountains too though. If there was work there I'd probably move there.
Avoid durham, and the entire state of South Carolina is a swamp. Plus people from South Carolina have tucked up ears. But coming from florida, swamp may not be that bad.

Last edited:

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
A good friend of mine that's an accountant bought a big house in Mount Pleasant. It's a very pricey area. He's somewhere on Coolidge Street.
Nothing looks too pricey if you're from California, except for most of the stuff around you :confused:

The wife wants to move to a place in another school district, we have a few years until the kid is kindergarten age.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, I got vasectomy 4 years ago, after the birth of our second child. My wife and I have started talking about wanting a third child. I’ve read plenty online about the varying success of reversing the procedure.

Does anyone around here have any experience with getting a vasectomy reversed, and how successful was it?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I have a good friend who had a vasectomy reversed after he got married a second time. He and his wife had three kids in very short order, and then he got fixed again. He said it was "no big deal."

If you want another, go for it!

iannis

Musty Nester
It really will vary. It just depends on your particular body.

In theory they should always be reversible. In practice sometimes they aren't. But they usually are.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Man, my kids have had snow days for the last three days. Tomorrow is a 2 hour delay with the potential of cancellation again. If they cancel again tomorrow we will have all been home together with only minor interruptions since Monday night, and going in to the weekend there will be more time together. I love my kids, but I'm really looking forward to them going to school for a whole day. Them being home is seriously cutting in to my afternoon delights with my wife.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You being home is seriously cutting in to my morning delights with your wife.

daduntsh.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yesterday we arrrived at the Disneyland Grand Hotel. I say the hotel because on Monday night my kids coughed all night and were pretty sick when we woke up yesterday. After flying down they had puffy eyes and were falling asleep on the couches in the lobby while we waited for our room to be ready. We stayed in the room for the rest of the day yesterday. Now it is raining and due to my kids still being sick we are chilling in the room. So the way our 3 day pass works is that Tuesday and Thursday are Disneyland and today is California Adventure. I am trying to rest them today so hopefully we can get full day at Disneyland tomorrow and a full day at Universal Studios Friday. This trip was/is not cheap, so it is just awesome to be sitting in a hotel room for this much money.

Sorry if this is a jumbled mess of post, I hate posting from my phone.

EDIT: This post probably belongs in the 1st World Problems Thread, wah me.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users