Parent Thread

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
One of our twin girls, has a female kindergarten teacher, who is almost retired.

The other has a young male teacher, this is his first year. Last night, she demonstrated what her class is being taught. She did the dab.

giphy (6).gif

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Glad to hear what the coach did Dirk, too many just want to ignore the situation and hope to get through the season. My last year coaching my son in football we had a girl on our team and she was good enough to play both defensive end and offensive tackle (playing at twelve in Pop Warner with mostly 10-11 yr. olds due to weight restrictions). I was very fortunate as the boys knew her and that she was good and she didn’t want to be treated differently. Her mom wanted my opinion on her playing middle school football and I had to tell her I didn’t think it was a good idea, as there were 8th graders bigger than me ( 6’ 205 lbs.) playing running back, not too mention locker room issues.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oldest (3.75) has been going to the bathroom a lot. He will go and do a tiny poop nugget, then 5 minutes later go pee. Then next hour same thing. We asked him if anything was wrong and he said no. It wouldn't be so bad but he fucks around taking forever to finish up, pulling pants up, flushing, washing hands (biggest issue).

Anyone dealt with this? Assuming it's a phase.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Oldest (3.75) has been going to the bathroom a lot. He will go and do a tiny poop nugget, then 5 minutes later go pee. Then next hour same thing. We asked him if anything was wrong and he said no. It wouldn't be so bad but he fucks around taking forever to finish up, pulling pants up, flushing, washing hands (biggest issue).

Anyone dealt with this? Assuming it's a phase.
We had a similar problem, and it turned out to be a (extremely mild) medical condition. Intestine pushes on the bladder, so as the kid would have stuff flow through his guts, he's have to pee constantly. Soon as he would shit, he would have to pee (or in the next hour or so). He was having accidents all the time, even if we limited his fluid intake. Now it's a bit of Miralax to help re-educate his intestines and bladder and we're not having as many issues.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
do a tiny poop nugget... Then next hour same thing.

He's constipated. Have him drink more water. Kids at that age can self-dehydrate because during potty training they get self-conscious about peeing. Having stuffed-up intestines can lead to frequent urination and UTIs (happened to my daughter).

Failing that, have him eat more fiber, yadda yadda.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
More water, more leafy green veggies.

You could also stuff him full of meat, pork would be best, but that that would be kinda mean.

To your toilet.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
More water, more leafy green veggies.

I know there are kids who might be willing to up their intake of leafy greens, I just have never seen on ever.

My kids take these probiotic, multivitamin, fiber gummies which they think is a treat. I was pretty skeptical that they'd actually be worth a damn, but they've helped my oldests eczema out quite a bit and my youngests constipation issues have all but gone away.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
He drinks a lot of water but he absolutely will not eat meat

He's not constipated I don't think, because he's also done some massive shits. Maybe it's his diet

Captain Suave

I know there are kids who might be willing to up their intake of leafy greens, I just have never seen on ever.

Hunger is a great motivator. No snacks <2 hours before dinner and veggies get put on the plate before starches.

He's not constipated I don't think, because he's also done some massive shits. Maybe it's his diet

He can still be constipated and taking regular dumps. You can develop unpassable wads in the intestines where normal stuff passes around it. Does he have any abdominal discomfort?

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Hunger is a great motivator. No snacks <2 hours before dinner and veggies get put on the plate before starches.

So says doctors / other parents / grandparents. My son has gone a full 24 hours on more than one occasion without eating just because he didn't like what we made for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Wasn't even like we made new or stuff he didn't like, he just didn't feel like eating it that day. My kid is just stubborn about food, what can I say.

Captain Suave

So says doctors / other parents / grandparents. My son has gone a full 24 hours on more than one occasion without eating just because he didn't like what we made for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Wasn't even like we made new or stuff he didn't like, he just didn't feel like eating it that day. My kid is just stubborn about food, what can I say.

You just have to be more stubborn. I had a formative battle of wills with my dad when I was a kid. I didn't want to eat my broccoli at dinner, and he laid down the law and said I wasn't going to eat anything else until I finished my vegetables. I declared myself full and went to bed.

I thought I was clever and got up at 5 AM to have a bowl of cereal. I sneaked into the kitchen, flipped the light, and Dad was at the table waiting with my bowl of broccoli. After that I just gave up and ate whatever was on my plate. Now I like broccoli.

Edit: I know, I know... "Just"

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

He can still be constipated and taking regular dumps. You can develop unpassable wads in the intestines where normal stuff passes around it. Does he have any abdominal discomfort?
He says no. But he also said he felt pretty good when he had multiple ear infections

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully just rode my last DisneyWorld resort bus - ever. I wasn’t particularly looking forward to this trip but holy hell the masses this week... turns out people evacuate Louisiana and Mobile en masse the week of Mardi Gras (probably K-12 spring break also for Louisiana?). Weather was good though, wish Oblio had gotten this weather for his trip.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'd never before read or watched any type Harry Potter until I bought my 6 year old son the illustrated edition of Philosopher's Stone for xmas and we've been reading it every night before bed. I'm really enjoying it and he's very much into it. Would recommend to anyone wanting to read with their kiddos.

Anyone have other good reading recommendations that parents can also enjoy?

Captain Suave

I'm just coming off 14 months reading the entire Harry Potter series to my 6/7 year old. We recently went through the Chronicles of Prydain, which I thought was dry and wordy in a Tolkein kind of way but he seemed to enjoy. Currently doing a survey of Roald Dahl (The Witches, The BFG), which he thinks are fucking riotously funny. The first couple Narnia installments went over well.

Not sure where we're going after this. I might try to plant the seeds for some Sci-Fi love if I can find the right books.

My family has dangerous literary tendencies. I remember my dad trying to read me Dostoyevsky around 8/9, which went over like a lead balloon. Moby Dick and Ivanhoe seemed like light reading after that...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd never before read or watched any type Harry Potter until I bought my 6 year old son the illustrated edition of Philosopher's Stone for xmas and we've been reading it every night before bed. I'm really enjoying it and he's very much into it. Would recommend to anyone wanting to read with their kiddos.

We've got the first 3? Of those. They're coming out super slow

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So my daughter is turning two in just over two weeks and we gotta' break the pacifier habit. She only has it when she goes to bed, never during the day or at daycare. What did you guys do the break the habit? I know now is the time, before it starts fucking up her teeth alignment, etc.

Captain Suave

So my daughter is turning two in just over two weeks and we gotta' break the pacifier habit. She only has it when she goes to bed, never during the day or at daycare. What did you guys do the break the habit? I know now is the time, before it starts fucking up her teeth alignment, etc.

If you can't cold turkey it, try snipping through the material right on the end so that they can't get suction in their mouth. Then you can progressively remove more material until there's nothing left and they get bored of it. Worked wonders for my daughter.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ah, that cutting method sounds interesting. Will give that a shot before saying "fuck it" and dealing with the cold turkey nightmare for a few days.