Parent Thread

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think parents make a big deal out of that shit over guilt, eating chicken nuggets every day isn't going to kill them, or even hurt them assuming they learn portion control.

It is super annoying. I've got 2 who won't eat potatoes unless they are french fries. Like, every kid loves mashed potatoes, not these two. I've got one who doesn't like mac and cheese. One told me the other day she doesn't like goldfish crackers.... the actual fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. I’m going to let it go from now on. I need to count backwards from 10 or do some other shit to let the rage out.

Funny my kids don’t eat potatoes or mashed potatoes but will eat French fries. Little shits!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Hockey tournament this weekend for two of my kids. My 5'2" daughter got a hat trick this afternoon and my super tiny son got four assists. It's obviously more fun when your kids are on winning teams, and I certainly enjoy that. But watching them grow and develop into a sport is just fantastic. All those hours of mini-mites and practice and everything else paying off. And the very best thing is watching them enjoy it so much. I swear, they both had a huge grin for the entire game. They're getting the best out of team sports in this league, and it makes me emotional.

Watching kids develop their talents is such a rewarding thing.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Hockey tournament this weekend for two of my kids. My 5'2" daughter got a hat trick this afternoon and my super tiny son got four assists. It's obviously more fun when your kids are on winning teams, and I certainly enjoy that. But watching them grow and develop into a sport is just fantastic. All those hours of mini-mites and practice and everything else paying off. And the very best thing is watching them enjoy it so much. I swear, they both had a huge grin for the entire game. They're getting the best out of team sports in this league, and it makes me emotional.

Watching kids develop their talents is such a rewarding thing.
Is this the wife posting or you? Just wondering. Maybe make her put a tiny smiley or apple (L-oh-L) when she does?

My wife makes probably 1/3 of my posts. Do I count as 1/3 female? I identify as 1/3 female I think.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Should make her end all posts in (()) just so we know. These shifty females...

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Now how does autism fit into this study

I gotta admit, kid has me worried
Autism is called a spectrum for a reason. If your kid can function in society he'll be fine. I'm pretty sure 99% of us here are high functioning autists. It's only when your kid is on the level of Rain Man that autism needs to start worrying you. Make sure he is in social settings as often as possible. Sunday school is good for that, lots of adults around to make sure issues get taken care of quickly. Pretty structured, too. That will help when it comes time for K-12.

Seven Out

Trakanon Raider
My 4 year old son is autistic. He was diagnosed around 1.5 years old. He has been in various therapies/schools ever since. Its a complete nightmare at times but we do all we can for him as he slowly makes improvements. Every one of these kids is different in their own way, so its hard to predict how they will end up.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Wife sold the Stokke crib. Used for both the kids. She's been moody for a few days since. Little shits grow up fast. Don't want more of them around. Or maybe she does. I donno, can't live in the past. How do I cheer her up again, besides sticking my dick inside her?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Potty training is great with the oldest , but the one concern is ass wiping. Any tips? I find he's not... Thorough?? But he goes to kindergarten in Sept

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Wife sold the Stokke crib. Used for both the kids. She's been moody for a few days since. Little shits grow up fast. Don't want more of them around. Or maybe she does. I donno, can't live in the past. How do I cheer her up again, besides sticking my dick inside her?

This is not a small thing. She's going through something pretty serious here, and I would encourage you to take it seriously. Organize some family time, to things together, and do some things just you and her. Time and enjoyment of your existing family will help her immensely.

• 1Solidarity

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I think parents make a big deal out of that shit over guilt, eating chicken nuggets every day isn't going to kill them, or even hurt them assuming they learn portion control.

It is super annoying. I've got 2 who won't eat potatoes unless they are french fries. Like, every kid loves mashed potatoes, not these two. I've got one who doesn't like mac and cheese. One told me the other day she doesn't like goldfish crackers.... the actual fuck.

It's still bad habits, imo. My son is a fantastic eater. My daughter on the other hand won't eat anything except carbs, full stop. I mean, you can give her a cheese burger and she'll just eat the bread. She will eat fries. She'll eat any sugar. She will not touch meats, eggs, chicken, etc.

My son on the other hand, he eats anything. His favorite snack is seaweed paper, not kidding.

We rarely give them any fast food though. 99% of the meals at home are home cooked from scratch.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One told me the other day she doesn't like goldfish crackers.... the actual fuck.
We we’re at a 5 year olds birthday parties and one little girl scraped all the icing off the cake and just ate the cake, and I’m just standing there staring at a future serial killer.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
My 4 year old son is autistic. He was diagnosed around 1.5 years old. He has been in various therapies/schools ever since. Its a complete nightmare at times but we do all we can for him as he slowly makes improvements. Every one of these kids is different in their own way, so its hard to predict how they will end up.
good luck. Hang inthere.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
edit; also just wanna note that I’m impressed and kind of touched by how solid some of you dudes are and seem to be awesome family men for a group of some of the shittiest shitheads I’ve ever known. I’m proud of you bois.

Wife & I had our baby girl 7 weeks ago.

Originally figured I could have really used a little outlet to vent a little bit about some of my situation but for now I just had to come somewhere to say...

I. am. so. fucking. tired.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Autism is called a spectrum for a reason. If your kid can function in society he'll be fine. I'm pretty sure 99% of us here are high functioning autists. It's only when your kid is on the level of Rain Man that autism needs to start worrying you. Make sure he is in social settings as often as possible. Sunday school is good for that, lots of adults around to make sure issues get taken care of quickly. Pretty structured, too. That will help when it comes time for K-12.
Considering the outcome we're seeing in this forum, and probably around us, I would say, unless the kid is obviously not functional in society at all, do nothing is the best... I doubt any of us got any 'help' in any way, and indeed most would be diagnosed with various shit.

My daughter was diagnosed with 'sleeping disorder' at roughly 3 months old. It made me facepalm, but I someone I know got addicted on sleeping pills by her mother when she was a small kid, so it's not a laughing matter when it enables weak minded parents to pull that kind of shit.

And that diagnosis of ADHD for kids bored at school is another kind of dangerous bullshit. I'm sure a lot of us were bored out of our mind in school, and we survived just about fine without some pills to help us focus...

Last edited:
  • 1Like