Parent Thread

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
So I told her we would watch her on Saturday's from now on. Fuck that lady. She's a bitch too, I've met her.

You’re a good man Noodle - what that grandma was doing is seriously fucked up.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah that's a lot earlier than my son was. My sister's daughter is 3.5 and still not even close.

She actually told me something heart breaking this week. My sister's boyfriend's mother has been watching her on Saturdays because they both work. I guess she's been punishing her for not using the potty and they just found out. If she pees in her diaper they make her sit in it the entire day 'as a lesson', and also yell at her and put her in time out. She's also been punished for having an accident while trying to use the potty. I just don't believe punishing for mistakes like that helps at all.

So I told her we would watch her on Saturday's from now on. Fuck that lady. She's a bitch too, I've met her.

ABA is pissing me off. I'm feeling like this organization is completely useless. My son throws temper tantrums hard and starts throwing things on shelves onto the floor. They said "in ABA we teach parents to ignore stuff like that." Meanwhile, this is some 23 year old recent graduate hot shot with no kids and probably questionable clinical experience. I'm getting really tired of what they're preaching. They also push hard to teach the kids how to do expected behaviors. Things that normal people would do, and they have varying degrees of punishment for not following it. I've only begun to read about ABA, but I'm reading that a lot of autistic adults felt that ABA fucked them up for life.

Dude, you're doing good things. I have mad respect for you for stepping up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
We we’re at a 5 year olds birthday parties and one little girl scraped all the icing off the cake and just ate the cake, and I’m just standing there staring at a future serial killer.
The kids on my wife's side of the family do this. They aren't big on sweets, which I understand but if you're going to get a cake don't fuckin waste it. Also, it's not like they get shitty cake with from a nice bakery and typically with a lighter whipped cream style 'frosting'. *shrug* more for me I guess.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
"Cake" vs "cake". Also, that's the kind of thing Id respond to my wife with and she'd give me a dirty look and some sort of "ugh" :D

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Nope, optional. Noone knows how long the VZV vaccine gives immunity, so cost-benefit wise not part of the free program here :S Free program is di-te-pe-polio-Hib-PCV, then MMR, then HPV (boys too).

She's 3 yo, classic kindergarten catch.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
please dismiss any criticism ever coming from her direction with "ok boomer", because she sounds like the person who would completely flip out over that.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I'm not really a good man but it's my sister's kid and I'm a softy for kids now

What she is doing is messed up, looking after your niece is the right thing.

We went carriage shopping today, the prices are eye-watering. Of course my wife wants one of the most expensive ones at $1500. I don't mind paying more for better quality, but these prices are clearly way inflated for what you get.

We are going to try and scoop one up on the secondary market, but those go quick and you don't save as much as you'd think.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's almost better to let them get chickenpox. I mean it sucks, but it's not measles.

And by the time she needs it they'll have a straight cure for shingles.

It's worse to get it older is mostly why. And the lifelong odds of avoiding it are slim.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What she is doing is messed up, looking after your niece is the right thing.

We went carriage shopping today, the prices are eye-watering. Of course my wife wants one of the most expensive ones at $1500. I don't mind paying more for better quality, but these prices are clearly way inflated for what you get.

We are going to try and scoop one up on the secondary market, but those go quick and you don't save as much as you'd think.
Stroller? Dude $1500 for a stroller is literally insane. We got a nice one for $350 and I felt it was too much. Still have it 5 years later at least

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Stroller? Dude $1500 for a stroller is literally insane. We got a nice one for $350 and I felt it was too much. Still have it 5 years later at least

It's Norway man, even the cheapest carriages (that really are junk) are like $600. Norwegians have way too much money and this is one of the ways they like to show it off.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yoyo babyzen is very nice, that's the absolute maximum you should allow your wife to pick, I got it for like 350€, basic one, and it's true the quality is good, it's quite light and it's convenient in planes.

Those I know that picked uber expensive one, ended up regretting it, especially the women (who insisted on buying it in the first place) because they're heavier, bigger...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's Norway man, even the cheapest carriages (that really are junk) are like $600. Norwegians have way too much money and this is one of the ways they like to show it off.
What's the average income there? 350-500 gets a really nice one here