Parent Thread

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Baby is 4 weeks old now. 99th percentile for length, hes a monster compared to #1 who was about 35th
I'm 6'6 myself and our baby is right there as well now for both the 6 month and the 10 month checkup. At 11 months now she's a proper 25 pound monster.

btw, has anyone ever seen a baby actually play with these?
1588686358303.png

because this is just getting no love at all from any child I've ever seen.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We actually got a giant activity cube that had one of those on it and I'm pretty sure I played with it more than my kids

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm 6'6 myself and our baby is right there as well now for both the 6 month and the 10 month checkup. At 11 months now she's a proper 25 pound monster.

btw, has anyone ever seen a baby actually play with these?
View attachment 267775

because this is just getting no love at all from any child I've ever seen.
only at Dr offices where it's one of the only toys.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
only at Dr offices where it's one of the only toys.
Lol, that's the only place I've ever seen them.
Bought a 4 pack of water pistols and super soakers, weather been mid 60's here for last 2 weeks. Great fun, no idea why box says 6+ as my 3 year old gets on with them just fine hes a dead eye with the super soakers. Really glad we have a decent sized garden and weather been decent, I'd have killed either me or the 3 year old by now if we were stuck in the house. 5 weeks now since I started working from home, and only a few days less since nursery ended
I bought a trampoline that the kids have really loved. On the hotter days we use the hose and shoot the kids with water while they jump. It's been a pretty good time, but some water pistols might be a great idea as well.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Bros, give me advice. My kids are all supposed to have dentist appointments next week. The dentist is open, and the appointments are supposed to go forward. My anxiety level is moderate, but a dentist cleaning is a very close contact thing, and it is with someone who has been seeing people all day long. Am I being ridiculous to consider canceling them for now, and seeing how things are in a few months?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bros, give me advice. My kids are all supposed to have dentist appointments next week. The dentist is open, and the appointments are supposed to go forward. My anxiety level is moderate, but a dentist cleaning is a very close contact thing, and it is with someone who has been seeing people all day long. Am I being ridiculous to consider canceling them for now, and seeing how things are in a few months?

Do you or your wife have serious co-morbidities that put actually put you in a risk group? Because it's no more dangerous for them than going to the dentist during flu season.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Do you or your wife have serious co-morbidities that put actually put you in a risk group? Because it's no more dangerous for them than going to the dentist during flu season.
Source please?

This isn't the General Coronoa Thread, this is the GU section where we have a higher standard. Everything I have seen from credible research and sources conservatively estimate that COVID-19 has a death rate 2-8 times (0.2%-0.8%) worse than the Season Flu (0.1%).

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

Regardless of the death rate, it's very safe to say that this strain of virus is substantially more contagious. By a lot. Therein lies my concern.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Source please?

This isn't the General Coronoa Thread, this is the GU section where we have a higher standard. Everything I have seen from credible research and sources conservatively estimate that COVID-19 has a death rate 2-8 times (0.2%-0.8%) worse than the Season Flu (0.1%).

But thats averaging in the folks with comorbitities

So if one has zero comorbitites it should be much lower, which was gavins point.

Id say theres no harm in putting off the dentist for a few months to see whats what

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Source please?

Except we're talking about healthy teenage athletes, not senior citizens. Outside of freak occurrences where the immune system goes haywire, people the age of Dirk's kids don't die from influenza. Which is why I asked about Dirk and his wife, since they'd be the ones in potential danger if one of their kids did bring corona-chan home.

Regardless of the death rate, it's very safe to say that this strain of virus is substantially more contagious. By a lot. Therein lies my concern.

Unless you or your wife are high risk, yes it's a bit ridiculous to cancel the visit. I mean it's certainly not going to hurt anything to delay the visit, but what level of all clear are you looking for?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
But thats averaging in the folks with comorbitities
How exactly do you unscramble that egg? Also, the way they pull Flu data is a totally different process. Bottom line is Gavin's claims are unproven at this point and while I concede he and other board member may ultimately be correct as of right now we cannot say so definitively. I am not going full Karen here by saying until we have the data it is better to be safe than sorry. This isn't about his kids getting sick and/or passing away from COVID-19 it is about their potential infection and potential spread to others.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
but what level of all clear are you looking for?

That, sir, is the question. It's an excellent question. Do we follow the White House rules for this sort of thing? Because those rules are different than what my state is doing. I, along with everyone else, would love a definitive "all clear" notification where we don't have to worry about this shit.

I'm honestly not trying to be an alarmist, I'm not working at being a pussy, but I genuinely want to be thoughtful about how this rolls out for my kids. None of us are high risk, but is it the right time to be exposing ourselves in this way?

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That, sir, is the question. It's an excellent question. Do we follow the White House rules for this sort of thing? Because those rules are different than what my state is doing. I, along with everyone else, would love a definitive "all clear" notification where we don't have to worry about this shit.

I'm honestly not trying to be an alarmist, I'm not working at being a pussy, but I genuinely want to be thoughtful about how this rolls out for my kids. None of us are high risk, but is it the right time to be exposing ourselves in this way?

If you keep your kids inside all day, they aren't going to spread corona-chan to anyone but you and your wife if they did happen to catch it from the dentist. If you let your kids out to play with other kids from the neighborhood, they're probably exposed to higher risk factors for infection than a dentist's office whose dental suite gets cleaned several times a day.

If the dentist issue is just a stand-in for the larger question of 'when do things go back to normal', I don't think there is enough of a consensus of what normal is to answer that question.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm skipping most of ours (kids and adults). I'd rather not present myself for the risk, especially since I'm in a high-risk group.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
If you keep your kids inside all day, they aren't going to spread corona-chan to anyone but you and your wife if they did happen to catch it from the dentist. If you let your kids out to play with other kids from the neighborhood, they're probably exposed to higher risk factors for infection than a dentist's office whose dental suite gets cleaned several times a day.

If the dentist issue is just a stand-in for the larger question of 'when do things go back to normal', I don't think there is enough of a consensus of what normal is to answer that question.

My kids aren't hanging with other kids. We took the shelter in place order pretty seriously. We're not stopping that yet. And I agree with you 100% that we don't have a consensus of what normal is or will be to answer these questions. Hence my hesitation to return to the dentist. Again, not trying to be a pussy, or to simply be a blind follower of rules, just wanting to know how other people are feeling. I have reservations.

I'm skipping most of ours (kids and adults). I'd rather not present myself for the risk, especially since I'm in a high-risk group.

We're not high risk, but I still don't know if it's a good idea.

This shit sucks. One of my daughter's colleges is already talking about distance learning in the fall.

tenor.gif

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I cancelled my dentist appts for my wife and kids. I don't care if someone says it's the same danger level as flu season. Nope.

Missing a single 6 month appt won't be the end of the world.

• 2Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would also cancel dentist appt if it was me. Myself, wife and daughter all went in January so we don't have to worry about that decision until August.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I cancelled my dentist appts for my wife and kids. I don't care if someone says it's the same danger level as flu season. Nope.

Missing a single 6 month appt won't be the end of the world.

Honestly, seeing you post this is a huge fucking relief. You've got your shit together for the most part, and I respect what you have to say. I'm going to cancel the appointments, and I'm not going to feel badly about it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Honestly, seeing you post this is a huge fucking relief. You've got your shit together for the most part, and I respect what you have to say. I'm going to cancel the appointments, and I'm not going to feel badly about it.
(My friend is also a dentist and advised me it's ok haha)