Parent Thread

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just over 3 months and we got our first ultrasound pics where he/she is starting to look like a person and not just a little blob. Shit's getting real.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ah man that is some good shit. I remember when we just had the peanut pics and I was pretty excited but it didn't really hit me until I saw the baby actually forming into a human.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Seeing the heartbeat is what made it real for me.

Also I think you guys jinxed me. My daughter has fairly sensitive skin but we've managed to avoid any major diaper-rashes to this point. That ended yesterday, poor girl must have pooped early in the night before yesterday, which she almost never does, and stewed in it a while. She woke up with a major rash and was screaming and shaking as my wife was trying to change her. Repeated the whole thing last night/this morning as well. She never woke up during the night so tough for us to know it happened until she wakes up very upset the next morning. If it keeps up I guess we might have to go in there during the middle of the night and wake her up to do a preventative diaper change. I hate to wake her up but I'm not sure what else to do if it keeps up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Seeing the heartbeat is what made it real for me.

Also I think you guys jinxed me. My daughter has fairly sensitive skin but we've managed to avoid any major diaper-rashes to this point. That ended yesterday, poor girl must have pooped early in the night before yesterday, which she almost never does, and stewed in it a while. She woke up with a major rash and was screaming and shaking as my wife was trying to change her. Repeated the whole thing last night/this morning as well. She never woke up during the night so tough for us to know it happened until she wakes up very upset the next morning. If it keeps up I guess we might have to go in there during the middle of the night and wake her up to do a preventative diaper change. I hate to wake her up but I'm not sure what else to do if it keeps up.
We had to do that. Our guy is the same way. Dude will piss in his diaper 1000 times and not give a care about it, never alerts us. Unfortunately it's the same with shit. If he takes a dump he barely ever cares, just keeps going. This travels over to his sleeping. If he shits in the night it's just in there with no way of us knowing.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
26 months old, having diarrhea for the last few days and stomach cramps. Sucks watching her in pain and discomfort. She is in great spirits and we just try to keep her full of fluids. Still breastfeeding which helps.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
26 months old, having diarrhea for the last few days and stomach cramps. Sucks watching her in pain and discomfort. She is in great spirits and we just try to keep her full of fluids. Still breastfeeding which helps.
Any chance it's appendicitis? Hopefully she gets better.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had his checkup today. Doctor is a bit concerned with his lack of any speech. Told us if he's not speaking by 18 months we'll want to get him into speech therapy. It's weird because he can totally understand what we're talking about but just hasn't tried to really say anything yet. Otherwise a really happy kid.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My kid was the same way, not a whole lot of words at 18 months. Coming up on 21 months and he has a lot more words now, No being one of his favorite.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Had his checkup today. Doctor is a bit concerned with his lack of any speech. Told us if he's not speaking by 18 months we'll want to get him into speech therapy. It's weird because he can totally understand what we're talking about but just hasn't tried to really say anything yet. Otherwise a really happy kid.
I've had a couple friends with similar occurrences on their kids. The kids are older now (7?) and they are just fine. Hopefully your kid follows the same track and is just taking his time to start speaking sentences.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not too worried because he's progressing everywhere else in a really great way. If you remember before he was basically doing nothing (no waving, pointing, etc.).

Now he waves like a pro, claps all the time, the other day he pointed to his water bottle so I'd get it. He's going to talk, probably just later than most.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My kid was the same way, not a whole lot of words at 18 months. Coming up on 21 months and he has a lot more words now, No being one of his favorite.
My daughter favorite word, or phrase I guess, is "I want"

I want up, I want water, I want shoes, I want down, I want daddy, I want eat. She'll say all of that in the matter of seconds before you've even managed to do the first thing she's asked for. We've been working really hard on getting her to say "please" which is one of the first things she learned (via sign language) and knows very well, but won't use it w/o us telling her to ask nicely.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2 of my 3 have had diaper rash from hell right before they finished potty training. I'm talking blisters and open sores. Had to get a prescription for medicated cream and then tons of desitin over the top. Crazy thing was it didn't seem to phase them but my god it looked bad.

On another front, my son (month shy of 6) was diagnosed with ADHD and borderline Oppositional Defiance Disorder. The second one is our fault from us not parenting correctly with his issues, so that makes us feel like terrible parents. It's frustrating because I was the same exact same way but my parents never got me the help. I was just a 'daydreamer' and 'just being a boy' so you think I could connect with him through the shared experience but duh kids don't think that way. He also has an issue where he holds his poop in until he can't hold it any longer and poops his pants a bit. I've found that it usually happens when he doesn't want to stop playing to take the time to go in.

It's a terrible feeling knowing that you might have screwed your kid up. We're trying a new system of rewarding positive results for one behavior we're trying to fix at a time. We'll see how the other issues fair with the ADHD medication. Should get the prescription soon.

Sorry for the vent. Been holding it in a long time... like my son and his poop heh...
What is it you feel you did wrong to cause the ODD?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Any chance it's appendicitis? Hopefully she gets better.
My sister had it when she was 8 or 9 and a coworker about 6 months ago.

Appendicitis progresses pretty fast, at 3 days she'd have a raging fever and the appendix probably would have burst. She'd be screaming.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My sister had it when she was 8 or 9 and a coworker about 6 months ago.

Appendicitis progresses pretty fast, at 3 days she'd have a raging fever and the appendix probably would have burst. She'd be screaming.
Mine went 4, but yep.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You can actually get better from appendicitis and some places put you on antibiotics and bed rest, a lot do in the EU.

I got better from it once and then a month later it came back so I ignored it for 4 days before going in and having it removed. In retrospect I almost died and would not suggest that path.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Took the kid to the beach yesterday. He's a chick magnet. I'd say he looks a lot better than most kids his age, and his blonde hair blue eye combo is killer. Plus he smiles a ton and chicks love it.

Three women walked past us, easily 9's or higher wearing thongs. They came over and went "oh he's so cute" blah blah and of course the dude is lighting them up with smiles and hugs. So then they go to walk away and the dude's just straight checking out their asses. They turn around and he blows a kiss and a huge smile and he killed them on the spot. It was at that point that I realized I can sell my kid to dudes to be their wingman.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So I had to punish my daughter all day yesterday with no snacks all day for not being a good listener the day before. I actually made it through the day. Happy with myself, but my daughter already knows how to try to play mom against dad already.

Women start practising early.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I had to punish my daughter all day yesterday with no snacks all day for not being a good listener the day before. I actually made it through the day. Happy with myself, but my daughter already knows how to try to play mom against dad already.

Women start practising early.
Boys do that too. My 3yo does, though he might have learned from his 5yo sister. The 18mo hasn't started yet.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That feel when you "changed" the diaper at 5:30am while still basically asleep and 2 hours later notice you forgot the new diaper...