Parent Thread

vGrade

Potato del Grande
My wife and I have friends with 2 kids ages 7 and 5 who act the fucking fool all the time. They refuse to listen to their parents because their parents are to lazy to discipline them after they learned talking dont work with their kids.. Their kids have learned this at an early age and take full advantage. It really drives them nuts when we get comments in public on how well our child behaves. All I have to do now is look at my son and he fucking knows. I dont need him to respect me before the age of 7 I need him to fear me. Everyone including his teachers think he is "Such a good natured boy. They dont know the work it took with the back of my hand

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
Never spanked my kids. Never will. As chaos says; it's violence. Being their father does not grant me the right to cause them physical pain.
I only need to look at my kids and they'll cut out any shit. It's called parenting

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Never spanked my kids. Never will. As chaos says; it's violence. Being their father does not grant me the right to cause them physical pain.
I only need to look at my kids and they'll cut out any shit. It's called parenting
if all you have to do is look at your kid and they know then they fear something. What is it they fear. They dont stop for no reason even if its time out they fear

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
if all you have to do is look at your kid and they know then they fear something. What is it they fear. They dont stop for no reason even if its time out they fear

They don't like my disapproval or disappointment.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
They don't like my disapproval or disappointment.
What age? You're one of the lucky ones I was was talking about on the last page then. Not all kids respond the same. You only need more than 1 kid of your own to see that. My little brother needed no spankings growing up. He got the same parenting as I did. Im actually about to call my dad and thank him for spanking my ass. Thanks for reminding me

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
My wife and I have friends with 2 kids ages 7 and 5 who act the fucking fool all the time. They refuse to listen to their parents because their parents are to lazy to discipline them after they learned talking dont work with their kids.. Their kids have learned this at an early age and take full advantage. It really drives them nuts when we get comments in public on how well our child behaves. All I have to do now is look at my son and he fucking knows. I dont need him to respect me before the age of 7 I need him to fear me. Everyone including his teachers think he is "Such a good natured boy. They dont know the work it took with the back of my hand
Okay. @Aldarion isn't a piece of shit. This guy right here is.

I feel bad for your son

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Your children are going to need counselling.

Yes, my children know the look, too. And I just had a conversation with one of them (17 years old). No, she said, she didn't fear me. She just knew that when I look at them like that, they've done something they shouldn't have. That makes them pause and evaluate their actions. It doesn't cause them fear because I'm going to come down on them later.

Having said that, at a certain age, when that type of reasoning wasn't possible, I did give a small swat to a some of my children, but almost never. If one of my kids was reaching for the woodstove, I smacked their hand away. I didn't make it a happy, "nonono, sweetie, you shouldn't do that." I just smacked the hand reaching for the stove. This was so rare that it had a massive impact.

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
My kids do not fear me. Sure I can shoot a look or speak in a certain tone of voice and they know it's business but what they're showing me is respect not fear.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
So funny. If you're walking through the mall or out to eat and your kid is being a fuck up "Its the parents fault" but if they are being good its " Oh he or she is such a good child" AKA born that way. The parents in this thread ignore the 10 absolute facts if listed in this thread and attack the one thing they dont agree with. Typical reddit shit there. If I were to come in here and say all kids are the same and can be parented the same way im sure I would get shit for that too

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So funny. If you're walking through the mall or out to eat and your kid is being a fuck up "Its the parents fault" but if they are being good its " Oh he or she is such a good child" AKA born that way. The parents in this thread ignore the 10 absolute facts if listed in this thread and attack the one thing they dont agree with. Typical reddit shit there. If I were to come in here and say all kids are the same and can be parented the same way im sure I would get shit for that too
Post anywhere that your aim is for your child to fear you And you'll get the same response except maybe NAMBLA

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, dude, parenting is hard. We all know. That doesn't excuse using violence. I wouldn't hit a dog, I'm damn sure not going to wrap myself up in knots trying to justify how it's totally ok to hit my kids.

My middle girl was just taken tot he ER, I can' be there with her yet. She's 7, urgent care dr said 80% chance it's appendicitis. I'm basically freaking out right now.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, dude, parenting is hard. We all know. That doesn't excuse using violence. I wouldn't hit a dog, I'm damn sure not going to wrap myself up in knots trying to justify how it's totally ok to hit my kids.

My middle girl was just taken tot he ER, I can' be there with her yet. She's 7, urgent care dr said 80% chance it's appendicitis. I'm basically freaking out right now.
That's the fucking worst. I'm hoping you caught it ahead of time (before she's been in pain for a while).

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's the fucking worst. I'm hoping you caught it ahead of time (before she's been in pain for a while).
Yeah it started hurting at about 1 this afternoon, so not too long. I wish I had known that she had a fever, I thought it was just normal kid stuff. Luckily m wife's a paranoid hypochondriac.

They have to make her drink some resolution stuff, I don't know how this is going to work, she doesn't do well even with that fruity flavored medication much less whatever the fuck that stuff tastes like.