Parent Thread

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yesterday we arrrived at the Disneyland Grand Hotel. I say the hotel because on Monday night my kids coughed all night and were pretty sick when we woke up yesterday. After flying down they had puffy eyes and were falling asleep on the couches in the lobby while we waited for our room to be ready. We stayed in the room for the rest of the day yesterday. Now it is raining and due to my kids still being sick we are chilling in the room. So the way our 3 day pass works is that Tuesday and Thursday are Disneyland and today is California Adventure. I am trying to rest them today so hopefully we can get full day at Disneyland tomorrow and a full day at Universal Studios Friday. This trip was/is not cheap, so it is just awesome to be sitting in a hotel room for this much money.

Sorry if this is a jumbled mess of post, I hate posting from my phone.

EDIT: This post probably belongs in the 1st World Problems Thread, wah me.
GL man, supposed to rain most of Thursday/Friday

Anaheim, CA Weather Forecast and Conditions - The Weather Channel | Weather.com

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yesterday we arrrived at the Disneyland Grand Hotel. I say the hotel because on Monday night my kids coughed all night and were pretty sick when we woke up yesterday. After flying down they had puffy eyes and were falling asleep on the couches in the lobby while we waited for our room to be ready. We stayed in the room for the rest of the day yesterday. Now it is raining and due to my kids still being sick we are chilling in the room. So the way our 3 day pass works is that Tuesday and Thursday are Disneyland and today is California Adventure. I am trying to rest them today so hopefully we can get full day at Disneyland tomorrow and a full day at Universal Studios Friday. This trip was/is not cheap, so it is just awesome to be sitting in a hotel room for this much money.

I'm looking forward to going to disneyland with my kids. We have an airbnb near the park that has a pool and shit, so that will be nice (and my parents and brother are coming as well).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

You could be a billionaire or sheep herder and have things fall through. Not a first world problem just a sad dad wanting a fun time.

“I paid Space-X to take my kids and I up for a day on the moon together and it was cancelled due to asteroids and were stuck in a hotel.”

“I wanted to show Ishmael and Aisha the stars at night but it rained and our goats scattered”

You tried and they’ll remember that for the rest of their life.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
20190211_065955.jpg

I joined the club Monday morning. Baby Joshua arrived at 3.42am, weighing in at 9lbs. Quite a traumatic birth after 2 full days of contractions and eventually needing the suction cup and some CPR.

Both Mum and baby are doing well now and after some IV antibiotics for an infection little Josh was cleared to come home yesterday.

Im not a gushy guy but I had no idea emotions like this existed.

• 12Like
  • 7Solidarity
Reactions: 18 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That's fantastic, man! Sorry it was such a traumatic birth.

And you'll learn a lot of new emotions as the years go by. It's fantastic!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't post this often and if you repeat it I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE DICK

But when my first dude was born I had a couple tears fall out of my eyes

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'll say it out loud. When my kids were born, I cried. Every time. And I'm not sorry about it. I was starting a relationship that would require me to nurture them to adulthood (and beyond). That's a big commitment, and it's the start of a beautiful relationship.

My oldest recently turned 18. They're identical twins, and their reactions to this were quite different. One is so ready to set out and try herself in a new situation, the other is happy to take direction from us for the next while.

It's a wild ride. It's both wicked hard and so fantastic.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Do you guys change diapers in the middle of the night?

Daughter is ~8mos now and usually sleeps pretty well. Goes to bed around 7-8 and wakes up around 5-7. Sometimes she'll wake herself up and cry for a minute before going back to sleep on her own, but other times she'll kick around and cry for 5-10 minutes before we just put a hand on her back, or rock her back to sleep. Seems like she usually wakes back up 30 minutes later and that goes until morning, though.

I always want to give her a clean diaper if she's been awake and crying for more than 10 minutes, but my lady goes into dragon-lady mode, saying "she doesn't need it, you'll just wake her up more". To her credit, she HAS done most of the work in getting our girl on a good sleep schedule, AND I'm completely OCD about dirty butts, and poop is kryptonite to me. It just kills me thinking that she may be crying because she has a dirty diaper and that's always where my mind goes, but I'll get murdered if I try to change it unless we can actually smell poop. If it wasn't for mom, this girl would be sleeping on a golden pillow in bed with me and she'd get a clean diaper every time she let's out a drop (and probably be a very shitty sleeper).

571853472.jpg

IMG957696.jpg

Resized_IMG958745.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Only unless it's a blow-out, or really reeks of shit (or if the diaper is soaked through and not absorbing piss anymore).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I'm going to keep asking until I find someone that tells me she's wrong and I'm right.

It’s about what works for your daughter. If changing the diaper at that age does wake her up too much, it’s probably better for her to sleep. Unless she has diaper rash/gets diaper rash easy, a shitty diaper, or is leaking pee from over saturation.

Our twins got diaper rash easy (the new one doesn’t get it), and they cried if their diaper was a little wet. They got diapers changed multiple times a night which ended around 10 months. The trick which I read about to keep them from getting too engaged is to get it done efficiently and make as little eye contact as possible. That seemed to work. But I guess ultimately didn’t matter as they woke up every two hours for a bottle until they were like 14 months. The new one does that shit too and she’s just over a year. Doesn’t need her diaper changed until morning though.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Only unless it's a blow-out, or really reeks of shit (or if the diaper is soaked through and not absorbing piss anymore).
More of less this for except we always change poop asap as that'll give her diaper rash pretty fast. Also, she'll piss right through the overnight diapers so I'll change her somewhere between 11pm - 1am. The wife picked up a package of to test out. They seems to do the trick.

Turned 2 last week. Still stubborn as hell, but a ton of fun. No issues from the solitary kidney and still growing like a weed on steroids; 90/97th percentile for weight/height. I just hope she slows down a little, don't need a daughter that towers over me by ~3 inches...
1550214256883.png

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
More of less this for except we always change poop asap as that'll give her diaper rash pretty fast. Also, she'll piss right through the overnight diapers so I'll change her somewhere between 11pm - 1am. The wife picked up a package of to test out. They seems to do the trick.

Turned 2 last week. Still stubborn as hell, but a ton of fun. No issues from the solitary kidney and still growing like a weed on steroids; 90/97th percentile for weight/height. I just hope she slows down a little, don't need a daughter that towers over me by ~3 inches...
View attachment 194747
Oh my, she looks almost like our 2nd from behind, with the hair like that.
Well maybe they all do.

On changing diapers at night:

- 100% change if there's shit in it. Skin and shit don't go well together.
- 80% change if it's only pee, depending on a) remainder until wake-up time and b) filling level. If it's close to a blowout, better change. My kids sometimes slept right through it. It's not a black/white situation.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
First off congrats T Tilluin !!!

Update, the Family Oblio rallied big time yesterday! Due to the rain we didn't get to Disneyland until 12:30ish, but the rain worked in our favor. After 1pm the worst thing we dealt with was a little sprinkle, hardly anything. And due to the rain the Park was low pop thus we were able to hit every ride and even some twice. We stayed until about 10pm and the kids fell asleep after a quick shower. Had the Town car pick us up at 10am this morning and we are now on Hogsmeade.

I grew up down here and Universal Studios sucked back then, now it is fucking awesome. Still raining today but we are making the best of it!

Edit: This Butter Beer is legit, especially with a shot of Vodka!

15502685331854981862797258313398.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users