Path of Diablo

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Summon druid. Lord of the wild. You can wear a pelt like James Earl Jones in Coming to America.

Crank up grizzly, and oak spirit. Get a Rain runeword for double grizzly.

Generally:
You only need enough strength to wear armor, rest should go in vit. Potion chug to spell spam until you get gear that gives stats and Mana.

Farm group Baal runs in each difficulty before moving on. I do lvl 50 from normal and 80 from nightmare.

Cows after for charms, resist jewelry and runes.

My sorc is 71 now and destroys hell. Zero twinking.

This guy got smashed on his pally in a map and is back to 90 and zooming around again on a sorc.

Last edited:

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
holy bolt pally can walk the entire game even through hell with minimal gear. Even stuff you cant bolt down in 2-3 hits like hell bosses just use your merc to tank him. Your bolts will heal the merc and damage the mob. Its stupid OP in hardcore.

Bone necro is another good one. But takes a little more finesse with bone armor/golem upkeep and having to CE immunes on hell baal wave etc.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, my last two rips were holy bolt and bone necro lol. Necro got shotgunned in tower by might aura archers, holy bolt got oneshot by hellsmith trying to do soulstone.

My gear is obviously trash but I at least get res capped before hell, so it's not like any char is a freeroll before you get to a certain comfort level of gear.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So i played the shit out of d2 a long time ago. Started in .08 and played through the "warden" being introduced, all the bugged items in 1.09 (4socket .08 valor, btals, ith, occy rings, etc.). Played through the new runewords, annihilus, torch etc... and i have the itch again

Stumbled across a youtube channel talking about the new ladder resetand saying the new java move, molten strike was garbage. But it looks like it converts phys dmg to fire dmg. Might be the perfect application of the phoenix shield. Up to 400%ed i believe snd -25% fire res? Combine with fortitude
Armor and you can have 700 ed with 80%converted to fire. Combo with infinity merc.....given phoenix might be the most expensive runeword in game, vex vex lo jah or something...

Am i missing something?

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well theres the fact that by the time you clear one pack as a melee zon, a bowazon will have cleared the entire screen. The entire radius of the skill needs to be increased massively for it to be competitive. I know I said it before but greendude is terrible at introducing new skills and balancing classes from ladder to ladder. Hemo for example had huge potential but it was a massive dud.. small radius, cant cast on mobs unless you have perfect line of sight, missing mobs entirely. Instead of fixing it he just gave up and now its another dead PoD skill. This whole mod thrives on being able to slam items and doing maps. If you want a truly GG character its nothing but bowazons and boi sins for the last 7 seasons. Greendude is so super paranoid about anything being slightly OP that the meta never changes. I think he would be better off rotating through builds each season and letting them be OP so theres some more diversity. Let WW use splash damage jewels for a season, let Hemo be x3 times the radius for a season, let fire golems do crazy AE damage, etc..

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
yeah hemo seems pretty nutty

if anybody gets a tals bp and wants to trade it lmk :)

Edit: nvm got one for a gul
I’ve slammed 4 tals helms trying to get sockets and none of them have given anything but 10 energy ;(

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Druid made it to hell finally. Had to respec out of ravens and went full summons. It's working...slowly. Summon AI is pretty braindead, but they do an assload of damage when they finally start attacking things.

I'm mostly relying on flame dash to move my minions around, but it's pretty scary having to teleport on to enemies sometimes.

What else is there I can do to scale minions besides just more skill points? Do the minion damage rolls on stuff actually work, and if so are they just boring linear scaling? Is there a way I can deal with phys immune mobs or do I just have to skip those? Can't clear den of evil cause of that stupid unique zombie lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Get an a5 merc for the might aura then give him a lawbringer so he can proc decrep to deal with phys immunes

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh what barbs have auras here?

I actually do have the runes to make a lawbringer I think, I'll give that a shot.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh what barbs have auras here?

I actually do have the runes to make a lawbringer I think, I'll give that a shot.

Yeah and when you find an upgrade you can always transfer it to an A3 merc with cleanse aura

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh shit got a Mal, can make a rain chest finally, but gotta take a lot of work to fix my resists if I break up this disciple set.

What do you think I could get for this 40mf Gheed's I found? Think Vex is possible or I am being to optimistic?

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Aaaaand druid died in A5 trying to get to Anya.

Druid was like 1800 life and res capped so he was pretty fat, but trying to actually clear anything with the minions was getting impossible. Constant decrepify curse in chaos basically turned it in to ~30s per mob kill because the pet AI just stops functioning when they are slowed. The phys immune moon lords in passage/river or whatever is it are a similar problem - even with the merc being capable of breaking the immunity, the amount of time my pets spend doing nothing but slap immune mobs just means it takes me 5 minutes to clear a pack and I eventually have to run/tp due to getting overwhelmed.

Do people just play in parties to finish the last two acts or what? I must be missing something pretty big, because I can't seem to find a build that is capable of actually completing the game on hell.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Aaaaand druid died in A5 trying to get to Anya.

Druid was like 1800 life and res capped so he was pretty fat, but trying to actually clear anything with the minions was getting impossible. Constant decrepify curse in chaos basically turned it in to ~30s per mob kill because the pet AI just stops functioning when they are slowed. The phys immune moon lords in passage/river or whatever is it are a similar problem - even with the merc being capable of breaking the immunity, the amount of time my pets spend doing nothing but slap immune mobs just means it takes me 5 minutes to clear a pack and I eventually have to run/tp due to getting overwhelmed.

Do people just play in parties to finish the last two acts or what? I must be missing something pretty big, because I can't seem to find a build that is capable of actually completing the game on hell.

No fucking clue how you can bother with HC when these servers are so fucking horrifically bad. Legit just started playing this yesterday and I've already had multiple issues and deaths due to lag. What a massive waste of time.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Their server host was doing server shit for the past few days, it’s been getting a lot better

Think I’m gonna dick around on a necro tomorrow cuz I have a full trang set sitting on a mule now

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Their server host was doing server shit for the past few days, it’s been getting a lot better

Think I’m gonna dick around on a necro tomorrow cuz I have a full trang set sitting on a mule now

Nice, hope so.

Oh and another thing I hated about D2 is that melee is legit actually unplayable trash. It's literally only viable at extreme end game when you have insane gear. Melee desperately needs to be buffed pretty heavily.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
you poor bastard lol

I reeeee'd pretty hard last night, but ultimately I was pushing it too hard and just should have logged. I was in a tight spot in frozen river with multiple rare siren mobs that were cursing me, so I just should have bailed.

Meh, summon druid was aids anyway. The minions were too retarded and cleared so slow I was mostly wasting my time. Only regret is I hadn't muled my talrashs helm/belt I found.

Trying an amazon now cause I found one of those valkyrie helms and that pierce belt, so we'll see how long this one lives.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah im not a fan of summoners, too passive of a playstyle for my liking lol. I do like tornado/hurricane druids though, specially if you just put a few points into the bear for tanking, and a lawbringer/reapers toll on your merc to counter the physical problem

Bowazon has been a lot of fun, thats my main character but ive mostly just been MFing on my sorc trying to get her shit for a Faith. Most of my zons gear is shitty MF items so i can finally swap away from MF on her and do some actual damage lol

Im probably spreading my shit around too much, i have my MF sorc, bowazon and now i want to make a CE/desecrate necro to see if i can explode some maps since i have a shit load of necro stuff sitting around lol