Path of Diablo

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Where do you guys farm resist gear for hell
runs? Just started act 3 hell and it's really starting to be a problem having negative resist all around. And fuck those dolls and fetish guys right in their midget asses.

Ya what needless said. There's some cheap runewords and set items like laying of hands that give massive boosts to resists. Just worry about poison resist the least since it's not really that big of an issue and you can always just use antidotes anyways.

A great website to use to see what you can make with the runes that you have.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
1599523395061.png

lol hephisto just 1 shot me while i was trying to make a TP, shoulda just left the game :(

I think im done with HC for awhile

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
View attachment 300267

lol hephisto just 1 shot me while i was trying to make a TP, shoulda just left the game :(

I think im done with HC for awhile

Ya HC is just dumb and a complete waste of time. The only way to play it is to play like an absolute pussy basically until you have such insane gear that it becomes extremely hard to ever die. I think the entire premise of HC is extremely dumb because the game then requires it to be built around which means content can't ever really be made as difficult as it could or should be.

Imo hc should be made to be like either 3 or 10 deaths or something and things be made a bit more difficult. Like being able to exit the game while in combat should be removed like how mmos do it. I just don't understand the fascination with forcing yourself to play a game so passively and boringly that you never die. I've always found it way more enjoyable to test your characters limits and be put in likely death scenarios without the penalty being wasting tens or possibly even hundreds of hours.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Nah I played like a champ to 96, not like a pussy at all

Pushing HC ladder is the only way for me to play, I need that survival horror in my Diablo

By all means play SC, it's still very fun with the juiced up maps

Needless

Toe Sucker
I do like the concept of HC for sure, i've just played so much of this ladder already i need to take a break from it lol

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone that's playing these modded D2 games? Which is better? Project Diablo 2 or Path of Diablo?

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
pd2 looking poised to be the king but we will see how next weekend goes..

PoD had a disaster of a rollout this season. Loot filters broken, all items showing causing massive lag and unplayability in alot of end game content, global cooldowns causing all skills to go on cooldown for 5-10 secs, mercs broken, quests broken, and the list goes on. Me and my friends have already tapped out. Greendude really needs to start testing his shit, but at this point PoD is just a sinking ship so who gives a shit what he does anyway.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Conceptually POD is superior - the mapping system is great, the skill reworks/additions etc. But it barely fucking functions at this point. Every ladder reset is worse than the last in terms of stability and bugs, so I don't know how much longer it can last tbh.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea its fuckin bizarre how bad it is. I planned on going hard with a group on this reset and now we all just decided to wait for pd2. PoD peaked hard last season I guess.. new maps, tons of streamers and hype... and now this season the exact opposite. Doesnt even bother me that theres less people but its just a buggy mess. Nothing is getting fixed quickly either. My necro cant even convocate so now hes a bricked character, and I seriously doubt GD will be fixing cooldown bug before he addresses that loot filter and other things that are messing with everyone.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm sure everything is back burner until loot filters are fixed.

Game is straight unplayable without one lol.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Decided to go with PD2 until D2:R comes out. They seem to be on top of the bugs and fixes and it’s closest to vanilla D2 experience. I’ve been playing single player until the new season starts and actually been enjoying the hell out of the game. Gotta love playing a modded 20 year old game with a 3080 video card.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think people are gonna be hilariously disappointed with the D2 remaster. If they stick to their claim of not adjusting/balancing anything and just doing purely graphical updates then holy shit is it gonna crash and burn lol.

No loot filters, damage immunity everywhere in hell making only a handful of builds viable at all, droprates that were so fucking bad it took legions of bots farming 24/7 to prop up the economy, no respecs, weird shit like merc attribute scaling, etc etc. People are riding high on the nostalgia train and hopium, but base D2 is not a good game by any kind of modern standard.

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
In actual PoD news: loot filters are mostly fixed finally, so the game is actually playable.

Trying out this hemo necro shit for a starter. Haven't died yet which is nice, but hemo also seems pretty fucking clunky. Just farming NM cows until I can fix my resists, but with how slowly this applies damage I'm not sure how well it's gonna do in hell.

• 1Like

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I think people are gonna be hilariously disappointed with the D2 remaster. If they stick to their claim of not adjusting/balancing anything and just doing purely graphical updates then holy shit is it gonna crash and burn lol.

No loot filters, damage immunity everywhere in hell making only a handful of builds viable at all, droprates that were so fucking bad it took legions of bots farming 24/7 to prop up the economy, no respecs, weird shit like merc attribute scaling, etc etc. People are riding high on the nostalgia train and hopium, but base D2 is not a good game by any kind of modern standard.

Now if you charge people for it, maybe they'll consider add some stuff... in a DLC ! :emoji_star_of_david:

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
If they stick to their claim of not adjusting/balancing anything and just doing purely graphical updates then holy shit is it gonna crash and burn lol.

There's an outside chance that mod support will be sufficient for people to conveniently address these problems on their own, but I have low expectations.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's an outside chance that mod support will be sufficient for people to conveniently address these problems on their own, but I have low expectations.

Yea I mean if we're lucky the PoD/PD2 people will be able to continue their projects on the remaster, but actiblizz allowing that to happen seems really unlikely.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Blizz stated specifically that they're going to support modding, though that could mean almost anything.

Yea we'll see what that actually entails. It'd probably be ideal if POD/PD2 can continue in the remake so regular humans can enjoy it, while all the nostalgia-blinded spergs can play base D2 and suffer.