Path of Exile 2

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
14,776
31,207
Daggers and swords are coming for .55, they don’t want to go into 1.0 with swords and daggers untested at launch.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,328
45,190
Actually think you are right. Bummer. This game desperately needs more weapons. Though, I am really looking forward to the massive rebalance that is likely coming.
You know the funny thing is when I had started playing it after the 0.5 stuff got released this summer, I was sitting looking at the passive tree, and saw some sort of sword line on the monk path, and it finally hit me there weren't any swords in the game, or axes or daggers.

I guess there's going to be all kinds of new skills associated with those different weapons?
 

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
14,776
31,207
You know the funny thing is when I had started playing it after the 0.5 stuff got released this summer, I was sitting looking at the passive tree, and saw some sort of sword line on the monk path, and it finally hit me there weren't any swords in the game, or axes or daggers.

I guess there's going to be all kinds of new skills associated with those different weapons?
Skills are mostly based around weapons, with the exception of kalgurian skills.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2,941
5,852
At this point I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't get all of the weapons and ascendencies done for 1.0. I feel like I heard somewhere they even mentioned in an interview that some of it might not make 1.0. they have a lot of work between them and now and a short amount of time.
 

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
16,236
7,680
Jonathan said in his interview with Destin, we would get more classes for 1.0 just not all of them.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
3,631
6,192
Excited Wesley Snipes GIF by BBQ Films
 

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
17,062
73,367
I'd imagine the easiest way for them to add more content is more skills, especially spells. They have the meat and potatoes from PoE 1, wheres my Etheral knives and blade vortex. Freezing pulse, rebalancing fire, etc.
 

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
28,944
45,844
Problem is all the animations and all that other shit. They said many times that while they wanted to port over shit from POE1 its just not up to POE2 standard, so it all has to be redone.
 

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
17,062
73,367
Those animations are pretty sick. Yeah it sucks to take so long, but the wait'll be worth it.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,328
45,190
Those animations are pretty sick. Yeah it sucks to take so long, but the wait'll be worth it.
That's honestly not too long of a wait, or maybe at least I don't mind because I just started playing the game while a lot of you guys have been waiting for years.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

SamDaMan's Dungeon Club
3,232
7,151
I'll be interested to see whether they make 1 button whirlwind feasible or whether you have to jump through hoops for it.