Path of Exile

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I blew 100c chaos spamming a claw today and nothing. 425 dps elemtental dps was the best I came up with which helped me at all. Need phys and chaos. I have no clue about crafting oh well.

Fossil combos are the best quick and dirty way to craft for money. Seriously shocking how easy that can be if you just know 2-3 recipes for popular weapons (bows come to mind with +to socketed gem lvls).

Alting, imprinting and slamming with blocker mods from masters is a whole nother story.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I reroll way too much to ever consider ssf. I’m not at the point where I’m willing to let drops dictate what or how I play. I can see the allure that it might have for long time players though who have already bought, crafted and played all the top end shit many times over.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll be honest, I haven't played with that interaction. How often is the punishment buff up?

Base duration is 10.10 seconds
+6 to radius
Cursed enemies grant 31% more Melee Physical Damage on Melee hit
Cursed enemies grant 15% increased Attack Speed on Melee hit
Buff is applied for a Base Duration of 4.00 seconds

I don't even know if I get the buff though. I need CWDT to fire to, which curses the enemies. Then they have to hit me again to grant me the buff, right?
My Cyclone should be hitting them prior to that which would re-apply Assassin's Mark and Vulernability, removing the Punishment curse.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Fossil combos are the best quick and dirty way to craft for money. Seriously shocking how easy that can be if you just know 2-3 recipes for popular weapons (bows come to mind with +to socketed gem lvls).

Alting, imprinting and slamming with blocker mods from masters is a whole nother story.

Yeah I was just looking at the website with all the fossil crafting modifiers. That's probably my next step. Not for profit. Just playing around and see if I can craft an improvement of what I have.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Base duration is 10.10 seconds
+6 to radius
Cursed enemies grant 31% more Melee Physical Damage on Melee hit
Cursed enemies grant 15% increased Attack Speed on Melee hit
Buff is applied for a Base Duration of 4.00 seconds

I don't even know if I get the buff though. I need CWDT to fire to, which curses the enemies. Then they have to hit me again to grant me the buff, right?
My Cyclone should be hitting them prior to that which would re-apply Assassin's Mark and Vulernability, removing the Punishment curse.
I'm assuming you were using CWDT-Punishment because you knew about the bugged interaction

Evernothing

I had no idea! I was just using it because my build recommended it without explanation.

Also, Assassin's Mark and Vulnerability are not mentioned in the build guide, I just added them later.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I literally just started this game a week ago and it is wildly addicting ... have a Witch at level 42 in the Standard Legion League. Creating another character right now, Shadow, since the Labyrinth traps were owning me pretty hard. Do we have a guild presence?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I literally just started this game a week ago and it is wildly addicting ... have a Witch at level 42 in the Standard Legion League. Creating another character right now, Shadow, since the Labyrinth traps were owning me pretty hard. Do we have a guild presence?

Almost no one plays on Standard,m but send me a msg @kythikx and I'll send you a guild invite.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I blew 100c chaos spamming a claw today and nothing. 425 dps elemtental dps was the best I came up with which helped me at all. Need phys and chaos. I have no clue about crafting oh well.

Claws, like foils, have a very high tendency to roll elemental damage. I think bows are the same way, although it's been a long, long time since I played a bow char or messed with rolling one.

Borzak

Claws, like foils, have a very high tendency to roll elemental damage. I think bows are the same way, although it's been a long, long time since I played a bow char or messed with rolling one.

Yeah. Also I'm probably using it wrong but on the trade site you can search by pDps, Elemental DPS, but not chaos dps. Any way around that?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m messing with a zerker ice crash. I think it feels very visceral. I wish they’d just nerf the shit out of clear speed and do away with one shot mechanics and put better drops on bosses. But meh. Economy so no matter what clear speed is king.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I’m messing with a zerker ice crash. I think it feels very visceral. I wish they’d just nerf the shit out of clear speed and do away with one shot mechanics and put better drops on bosses. But meh. Economy so no matter what clear speed is king.

That's the problem I have with the game. Clear speed is king, which has to be by design at this point, yet it seems their dev team is not on the same page as we've gotten hardly any dmg while moving skills. Better yet, they've actively nerfed the clear speed meta while not altering their loot system. Maybe 4.0 will include a loot reworking--the disparity between dropped loot and crafted was mentioned in a QA.

I liked ice crash, as I usually like cold skills due to the extra layer of defense they provide. I played it as a pbae due the abysmal range of the skill. I did notice an odd problem with stragglers being left alive in ae radius, but that was probably due to some terrain issue.

If anyone gets a t3 corruption chamber I'll pay for the item and we can split the profit. Granted, I'm at 15/15 bricks/poofs this league.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yep. Almost has to be PBAE. It’s a shame. I like ground slam too and has similar problems but I think it scales better AE wise.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Ground slam has really good aoe. It’s pretty close to the old tectonic. I liked ice crash a lot but it’s tiring to not see a goddamn thing other than the spikes. Groundslam was better in pretty much every way though. Got stuns instead of freezes, better clear and the insanity that is Vaal groundslam. Ice crash is probably the only skill I just didn’t feel like playing any more because of the actual skill itself, the visuals specifically, and not because I was bored of progressing. Consecrated path will probably end up in that same boat though.

Evernothing

What act is your lvl 42 in ? Was it your 1st or 2nd lab that was giving you trouble?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
dont think shadow vs witch gonna make a diff if ur strugglin with traps

try lightning warp and flame dash

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Math time!

I was wondering if we could quantify "abysmal range" because some of the theorycrafting I'm doing on Ice Crash I thought gave it pretty good range.

Base radius is 26 units, but they bumped it by 20% this last patch, so 31. If you're a Slayer(60% inc aoe, +2 range), Sand Stance(16% more), inc aoe support(50% increased), Pulverize(35% more)

31 * ((1 + 0.6 + 0.5) * 1.16 * 1.35) ^ 0.5 + 13(two hand weapon) + 2 = 71

A reach of 71 units on a melee skill seems pretty good to me. That's close to the left/right side of the screen on a 4:3 monitor.

I'm playing Blade Flurry now, I think it has enough AoE at this point, it just needs a ton of attack speed to feel good while clearing. Going to try out Ice Crash or Earthquake next.

Borzak

Math time!

I was wondering if we could quantify "abysmal range" because some of the theorycrafting I'm doing on Ice Crash I thought gave it pretty good range.

Base radius is 26 units, but they bumped it by 20% this last patch, so 31. If you're a Slayer(60% inc aoe, +2 range), Sand Stance(16% more), inc aoe support(50% increased), Pulverize(35% more)

31 * ((1 + 0.6 + 0.5) * 1.16 * 1.35) ^ 0.5 + 13(two hand weapon) + 2 = 71

A reach of 71 units on a melee skill seems pretty good to me. That's close to the left/right side of the screen on a 4:3 monitor.

I'm playing Blade Flurry now, I think it has enough AoE at this point, it just needs a ton of attack speed to feel good while clearing. Going to try out Ice Crash or Earthquake next.

Use a crappy 14" moniter and it's all screen wide lol. I shopped for a new moniter recently and didn't realise they still make them that small, but they do.