Path of Exile

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am kind of bored. I enjoyed D3 but it got repetitive after a couple of months and so I stopped playing. Can a new player who played D3 enjoy this game or is the game close to D3 and thus might get boring fast?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
SSF I don't wanna know how many maps I did for 0 xp.

I am kind of bored. I enjoyed D3 but it got repetitive after a couple of months and so I stopped playing. Can a new player who played D3 enjoy this game or is the game close to D3 and thus might get boring fast?

Check out Path of Diablo. Great community.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I just started Path of Diablo. So far it's basically Diablo 2 with some quality of life stuff. I understand there are "maps" and stuff at the end to grind, but literally it's just D2 with some betterments. So if you really love D2 go for it. If you're looking for an actual PoE + D2 clone, this ain't it.

Also only plays in 800x600 resolution. Sad times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have Curse with Assassin Mark on hit and Vulnerability on hit while weaning "You can apply an additional curse".

What happens when my CWDT triggers Punishment? Does it overwrite the oldest curse?

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Give it a try, FTP as mentioned. Bit of a learning curve re: builds, game systems, and third party resources. Worth it though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oof, I should've looked at the few flicker builds on poe.trade more carefully. Hatred conversion watchers eye and the 2 nodes on the tree are mandatory (and quite likely a low conversion roll on gloves too). Specced a couple points into chance to bleed tonight so I could maintain frenzies on bosses and the bleeds kill me in 2 flickers tops, haha.

If I could 6-link this stupid axe already it would probably sell for enough to buy the watchers eye but nooooooooooooooooo, it just refuses to link. I'd sell my 5 emblem set but probably wouldn't be enough to buy the eye.

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Path of Exile has a steep learning curve compared to diablo and the end game is excellent in comparison. It's nowhere near as boring or repetitive as D3. It can be frustrating for a new player, just be sure to follow a tried and true build on your first playthrough. The poe forums has a build section so if you decide to play go there and find one you like the look of (they have videos of play for the most part). If you find one that you like just post it here and people will let you know if it's viable as stuff goes from being awesome to trash league to league in poe. That sounds like a bad thing but it keeps the game very interesting.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Why do you want a remastered D2?

Because, in my personal opinion, D2 represents the pinnacle of loot system design of any ARPG - and loot is why I play. The combination of random drops with boss runs. Set items. Runewords. I loved it all. I am such an ARPG loot nerd that I used to keep track of the rare/legendary/set drops in a notebook and put them in an excel spreadsheet at work and track statistics. I did this in Titan Quest too. Yeah, just so you know, I am an engineer. Big surprise.

This comes from one who did not do years of Baal runs, did not care about ladders, did not trade for the best 0.1% items, so it definitely has a specific perspective. I am never the 1%, but I AM elite casual if that makes any sense.

I also liked the slightly more simplified skill tree. I think it could be improved A BIT, but not to PoE tree levels. I like the balance of skill power more towards items like in D2, with those items somewhat easier to get than PoE.

I have played D2 off and on since its release, and continue to install and play it on EVERY computer I have ever bought.

ARPG is my thing though, with my most played games being D1, D2, PoE, TItan Quest, Grim Dawn and the like. And MMOs like Everquest/WoW, but what I like about ARPGs is that they are single player MMOs - boss runs and loot, armor sets, etc etc etc.

Anyway, just so we can expense this lunch, I managed to unlock two new red maps during about 2 hours of maps last night. Score! To the SSF points, this is the slow progression that keeps you engaged (instead of grind for currency and purchase). It is when the progression stagnates that you end up taking a break.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Oof, I should've looked at the few flicker builds on poe.trade more carefully. Hatred conversion watchers eye and the 2 nodes on the tree are mandatory (and quite likely a low conversion roll on gloves too). Specced a couple points into chance to bleed tonight so I could maintain frenzies on bosses and the bleeds kill me in 2 flickers tops, haha.

If I could 6-link this stupid axe already it would probably sell for enough to buy the watchers eye but nooooooooooooooooo, it just refuses to link. I'd sell my 5 emblem set but probably wouldn't be enough to buy the eye.

Tied to an axe and not a sword? I have a 6l Starforge with 700dps I got from Deathwing I decided I can't easily make it fit my axe build eve rebuilding the skills and such, lack of crit for me. Let me know if interested. Just guessing it's worth multi multi ex. I'm working on pathfinder viper strike again.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Because, in my personal opinion, D2 represents the pinnacle of loot system design of any ARPG - and loot is why I play. The combination of random drops with boss runs. Set items. Runewords. I loved it all. I am such an ARPG loot nerd that I used to keep track of the rare/legendary/set drops in a notebook and put them in an excel spreadsheet at work and track statistics. I did this in Titan Quest too. Yeah, just so you know, I am an engineer. Big surprise.

This comes from one who did not do years of Baal runs, did not care about ladders, did not trade for the best 0.1% items, so it definitely has a specific perspective. I am never the 1%, but I AM elite casual if that makes any sense.

I also liked the slightly more simplified skill tree. I think it could be improved A BIT, but not to PoE tree levels. I like the balance of skill power more towards items like in D2, with those items somewhat easier to get than PoE.

I have played D2 off and on since its release, and continue to install and play it on EVERY computer I have ever bought.

ARPG is my thing though, with my most played games being D1, D2, PoE, TItan Quest, Grim Dawn and the like. And MMOs like Everquest/WoW, but what I like about ARPGs is that they are single player MMOs - boss runs and loot, armor sets, etc etc etc.

Anyway, just so we can expense this lunch, I managed to unlock two new red maps during about 2 hours of maps last night. Score! To the SSF points, this is the slow progression that keeps you engaged (instead of grind for currency and purchase). It is when the progression stagnates that you end up taking a break.
If you had a vagina and I wasn’t married, I’d ask you out.

• 1Weird Boner

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Tied to an axe and not a sword? I have a 6l Starforge with 700dps I got from Deathwing I decided I can't easily make it fit my axe build eve rebuilding the skills and such, lack of crit for me. Let me know if interested. Just guessing it's worth multi multi ex. I'm working on pathfinder viper strike again.

I'm using a staff on my char, I just crafted a fairly nice axe a while ago and been trying to 6link it. it's like 440 pdps and 170edps (lightning) with double dmg + onslaught on kill.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I blew 100c chaos spamming a claw today and nothing. 425 dps elemtental dps was the best I came up with which helped me at all. Need phys and chaos. I have no clue about crafting oh well.