Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
To specify, the abysmal range is in how far away one can center the ae. The ae itself covers the entire screen, but, as I stated, it's pretty much pbae due to the distance one can place the center.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
What act is your lvl 42 in ? Was it your 1st or 2nd lab that was giving you trouble?
The normal Labyrinth in ACT 3 is where the traps eat me ... I generally have no trouble with mobs or Izaro. I followed a raise spectre summoner build from POE VAULT, thinking I could farm my way up while learning the game. CANNOT ... RESIST ... COLLECT EXTRA KEYS ... MUST ... GET ... SHINIES ...

I finally realized my build was missing the *LAB* meta tag label, so I started a new character that does include it.

POE LAB is where I have been going for tips.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
movement skill(lightning warp, flame dash, or Leap slam), phs dmg reduction flask, and a staunching flask should be all you need. Also, insane movement speed will negate the traps too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm a dumbass. Nothing new. I was following two different build guides on my viper strike build. I felt like it was doing pretty well for my lvl and lack of uber lab and such. But my dps on POE was far far far below the guides I was following. I even put in a few 5ex weapons I copied off trade that looked very good. No improvement.

Make sure you configure PoB like the guides you are following if you expect near the same result. Now my dps shows higher than the Mathil build I was following lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To specify, the abysmal range is in how far away one can center the ae. The ae itself covers the entire screen, but, as I stated, it's pretty much pbae due to the distance one can place the center.
I get what you're saying now but I still don't understand why. What would more melee weapon range get you?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I literally just started this game a week ago and it is wildly addicting ... have a Witch at level 42 in the Standard Legion League. Creating another character right now, Shadow, since the Labyrinth traps were owning me pretty hard. Do we have a guild presence?

You are in the right league, ignore Kythik Kythik

I'm sure someone in guild would run you through or has great that would get you through it.

A ton of ppl can invite

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The big issue i see right now is that skills that need that attack speed, your choice is mostly berserker.

Really, jugg, zerker, slayer, and glad seem to be by far the best traditional melee ascendancies. Not a bad selection.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The normal Labyrinth in ACT 3 is where the traps eat me ... I generally have no trouble with mobs or Izaro. I followed a raise spectre summoner build from POE VAULT, thinking I could farm my way up while learning the game. CANNOT ... RESIST ... COLLECT EXTRA KEYS ... MUST ... GET ... SHINIES ...

I finally realized my build was missing the *LAB* meta tag label, so I started a new character that does include it.

POE LAB is where I have been going for tips.

Forget the extra rooms and keys in Lab for now. The items you get at the end are not especially valuable. I would just try to push quickest route to complete your first Lab and get first Ascendancy, as it will give you a huge power/survivability boost. You can always re-run it as much as you want if you feel like getting more keys / treasure.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Lab traps are a practice thing just like everything else. Some builds are a hell of a lot easier than others for sure but I remember being completely baffled watching videos of people running through them as if they aren’t even there when I first started. Eventually you figure them out and just get better at it as long as you aren’t vaal pact or something like that.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I get what you're saying now but I still don't understand why. What would more melee weapon range get you?

The reason is that, and I could be wrong, the skill seems to have a slight expansion between the initial hit and the two following. Even in that video posted, I noticed what I had experienced that close mobs instagib but further out take a noticeable difference in damage. While I had thought it was terrain, I also felt there was a difference in dmg when I was much closer to any boss I fought--I did not have a helm with the -cold resist mod for that to explain it.

I

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm assuming that's the different stages. The ability does a really poor job of explaining the precise mechanics. You get three stages, first one hitting at 100%, second at 90%, third at 80%. And it gives you some radius X. Does the first stage hit at radius X and the remaining stages expand beyond that? Or does the third stage expand out to X and the first two stages hit at something number less than X?

So you want more melee range to ensure valuable targets get hit by the first stage while you remain at distance?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I'm assuming that's the different stages. The ability does a really poor job of explaining the precise mechanics. You get three stages, first one hitting at 100%, second at 90%, third at 80%. And it gives you some radius X. Does the first stage hit at radius X and the remaining stages expand beyond that? Or does the third stage expand out to X and the first two stages hit at something number less than X?

Visually, I really didn't notice a difference, but that could be due to how fast the stages go. But, the dmg radius seemed to expand with mobs on the outer edges only taking the dmg from the third stage.

Borzak

That's a poke in the eye. 7 socket 1handed mace drop. & elemental damage. Supported by brutality.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Visually, I really didn't notice a difference, but that could be due to how fast the stages go. But, the dmg radius seemed to expand with mobs on the outer edges only taking the dmg from the third stage.
It definitely expands fast, but you can kinda see the stages if you're really looking.

The skill could definitely use some scrutiny from being meta, but I'm not sure that will ever happen. It's kinda vanilla compared to others.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I threw 30ex in the gstash. I'll probably put the rest in there, granted most people are done with the league already. I would be done with a league usually by this point; though, with the currency monsoon, I tried a lot more than I expected. I may give ground slam and EQ a try but I doubt it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think I'm done done too. Blade Flurry is alright, but I don't think there's anything you can do overcome the mechanics to make a it a good clear skill. I tried Gladiator bleed pops and lots of attack speed and was still getting ~250M/hour in BA. 300 is my baseline.

Builds I tried that I would recommend:
ED Contagion Guardian
Stormbrand Guardian
Almost anything spell caster Guardian. The tankiness is much higher than Jugg unless you build him for ES too.
Cospri's Malice CoC. Nothing really changed here except the trigger skill getting some nice QoL.
Voidfletcher Scourge Arrow CI Trickster. Very similar to dex-stacking cold bow builds but without low EHP.

Build I tried that had caveats I can't solve:
Cyclone. Getting nerfed.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye. The clear on this is great but the single target is just ok and exacerbated by a tiny hitbox on the projectile.
Bow CoC Deadeye. I really hope they redo crit calculations so they aren't per skill activation. It makes for some aggravating dead zones.
Bow bleed Gladiator. Fantastic clear and good single target undercut by shit sustain. Seriously, how was Uber Dan playing this build in hardcore?
Blade Flurry Gladiator. Ridiculous single target paired with decent but frustrating clear. How long do you channel? Which targets are going to be hit.
Divine Ire Guardian. Channel and release skills have issues with leaving stragglers. I think this skill would be great with ignite prolif but I have no idea how the sustain would work in that case.

I still might try Xevy Xevy 's build, but doing house chores and extra work is looking more enticing than playing another build, so probably time to stop.

Borzak

Same thoughts I had when I did a blade flurry gladiater before. Great boss killer. The rest, not so much. Cyclone was fun, but even if it's not nerfed I don't think I'll do it again any time soon. It was new and had a fun part to it about being about to whirl about, move, and kill at the same time. Now that the new is off I'll probably pass. I'm sure it's going to get a big nerf, or another flavor of the month out that people will flock to.

I took 6 of the ex. If someone else needs let me know.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I definitely think dual cyclone Mjolnir is possible. Berserker was just best option I saw for getting the APS up to 14+. I'm sure there's a lot of ways to get that though. Honestly the key is spell damage. I think if you built it around a shadow/witch type spec and had more spell/lightning damage nodes you'd be better off. Can easily use any Karui jewel to grab extra +str as it doesn't change nodes, just adds to them.