Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Edit: my math is shit, it is 364. There are however 12oils you did some wrong stuff too. This supposedly covers every single notable+the 13 secret ones they're adding.

Last edited:

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Freezing Pulse Totem starter is lookin' even better. Will probably transition into some minion build when I get bored of that.

PoE Plants vs Zombies here i come.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Edit: my math is shit, it is 364. There are however 12oils you did some wrong stuff too. This supposedly covers every single notable+the 13 secret ones they're adding.

My combinatorics are admittedly rusty. Now to find out the proper way so it doesn't bug me all day.

edit: found it. I used the order matters equation.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'll probably do some kind of bow build since I haven't played one in a long time. Summoner might be nice too but I dunno if more gems for minions is what they really needed, I feel like there's already a ton of supports you have to choose from for them based on whatever you want to use and they'll probably have to be really strong to beat out normal supports.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'll probably do some kind of bow build since I haven't played one in a long time. Summoner might be nice too but I dunno if more gems for minions is what they really needed, I feel like there's already a ton of supports you have to choose from for them based on whatever you want to use and they'll probably have to be really strong to beat out normal supports.
I assume the new supports will come with generic more minion damage/speed/defenses and be good to replace other generic more damage% with the added benefit of getting behaviour changes. So you're just gonna be replacing shit like Melee phys, Controlled Destruction, Multistrike, Spell Echo, Elemental Focus, Damage on full Life and whatever other boring supports you had before with these, so it's kinda whatever. They don't have to be super strong either, just within the same ballpark(~30-40% more damage), the added behaviour making clear speed better is just gonna even out the small damage difference, and generally speaking minion builds are generally never lacking on damage anyway.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
People liked cyclone not just because it was OP. It was easy to start a map and cyclone thru it then out and do whatever you want, another map, dick with the stash or whatever. So popular now let's add a tower defense game in the middle of mapping.....wut? I don't want another league I have to watch videos (ZiggyD) in particular to figure out how the basics of the league work.

Having said that I'll probably wind up playing after some of the early stuff is figured out just because I don't have anything else to do now. So they have that going for them lol.

I agree with almost all of this. However, I have a couple of games calling my name (Outward, KingdomCome Deliverance, Last Epoch to name a few, and maybe Remnant now) so I am thinking I do another game starting this week and by the time I am done the new League will be a couple weeks in and I can find a comfortable meta and faceroll some content.

Jesus, I am a lazy gamer.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sloooooooow.

Got it, build omegaDPS and ignore mechanic entirely is the correct play as usual.

No way in fuck am I fiddling with 20 little node clickies and a popup wheel on every single one in every damn map.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
One thing is for sure, avoid it lvl 70+ or so on HC at launch cuz you know there's overtuned shit or bugs. I ain't mad about that and I'm sure couldn't make something better myself, just it always happens.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm torn. I like tower defense but I don't know if I'd like tower defense in my ARPG's.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you're so-so on playing, definitely nothing wrong with waiting 1-2 weeks until the hotfixes go through and it becomes enjoyable like MOST league stuff.

I don't think you can just faceroll DPS the mobs. Pretty sure they'll need to be 'debuffed' by the towers to be able to kill them. They've said they're "much tougher" so I'm thinking that's the case.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya, I'm expecting plague mobs to be at LEAST high hp tanky fucks at a minimum. Possibly rippy as fuck like legion mobs too, but my money's on mostly tanky if you don't use the towers.

I like TD games, but I doubt the mechanic will be anything but a distraction unless you focus on just doing the maps where it's nothing but TD/Plague. IE: I'm going to spend some time delving, so I'm not mapping now. I'm going to spend some time on plague-only maps, so I'm not worried about regular maps.

Eh, I might be more involved in WoW classic anyway, jury's out.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just skip the league mechanic and grind maps/currency until:

A. Someone no lifes mechanic and figures out how to break it or
B. GGG fixes horrible mechanic

Also, latest blight SS

zqatge8tvqh31.png

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m probably dicking in wow classic a few weeks then coming here. I have 2-3 specific builds I want to try. I am most likely sitting out 3.9.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I put more currency today in the guild stash if anyone needs. Half a dozen items worth 1.5ex each give or take.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

How is an ultra aggressive horde of minions not like original Storm Brand or Winter Orb?

Yeah yeah, aggressive hordes of golem have existed since that ring was put in the game...3.5? I've seen clear videos for those build. You get the targetting laziness of OG Storm Brand and Winter Orb but not nearly as fast. This new stuff looks faster. Especially consider the people are GGG are NOT good at showcasing gems to their fullest(for good reason)....so take that video and then imagine some autist turning it up to 11.

2 of those new daggers with HoAg and hyper aggressive support....oh boy.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don’t know but I’m fairly certain that vid is the self-fulfilling prophecy for this league that cyclone and slayer reveals were last league. Also, fuck my trickster toxic rain starter. I’m raising the dead.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think the agressiveness is what makes the video crazy, honestly agressiveness wasn't THAT bad for minions unless you ran away from shit(basically there's a limited leash range around you and once minions go past it if you move in any direction, they'll leash back to you instead of killing shit, but otherwise they acted pretty agressive already in that radius). The big buff in that is zombies move at like 500%movespeed than what they used to. Like literally don't think you can get them to move them that fast currently on live with EVERY minion speed sources. Jewels, minion speed support(which is mostly garbage), queen's escape and whatever other uniques, and I still don't think they run that fast.

And like Deathwing said, they usually suck at displaying shit so that might not be a fully stacked setup. In fact in the Feeding Frenzy reveal, you can see a Zombie with just one support(I assume Frenzy since the letter doesn't exist atm) and the zombie has like +200%movespeed or some shit. That said in the gameplay vid, it seems the character has Queen's Escape, the 2H fated unique sword which gives 100%movespeed to minions, but is also a 2H sword with otherwise fairly garbage stats other than +1zombie +2skeletons. I assume they raised the base movespeed of minions a lot to make them feel less sluggish and more responsive, but that's a huge fucking buff to zombies/skeletons(which also seem to be getting Dash, the new movement skill, so they'll be better at moving from one pack to another).

The Deathmarked thing is also gonna be OP for bosses, since you'll basically be able to deathmark then run around without having half your minions cancelling attacks to follow you and shit. I assume/hope it has a limited range to ~1screen since otherwise you'll just offscreen bosses, but still.

That said for map clear, Soulwrest was already pretty fucking fast, I can't seem to find a good video but that shit with 2.4s convocation cd cleared real quick. Maybe I should make my own video.

Last edited:

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I tried Ele Hit totem build in synthesis and it was great, but did not play Legion. I think I will play another totem build (they just click with me for some reason) so maybe ice spear since I've never done that one. I know Im not in the guild with you guys, but look me up if you ever want to do anything. I think I may load it up tonight after work to play around with the legion stuff and familiarize myself with it some.