Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

How is an ultra aggressive horde of minions not like original Storm Brand or Winter Orb?

Yeah yeah, aggressive hordes of golem have existed since that ring was put in the game...3.5? I've seen clear videos for those build. You get the targetting laziness of OG Storm Brand and Winter Orb but not nearly as fast. This new stuff looks faster. Especially consider the people are GGG are NOT good at showcasing gems to their fullest(for good reason)....so take that video and then imagine some autist turning it up to 11.

2 of those new daggers with HoAg and hyper aggressive support....oh boy.

lol truth - they are basically turning minions into ranged attack build clear speed/effectiveness.

And here we sit with melee changes being Cyclone or GTFO and stick your multistrike up your bunghole. But, moving on, nothing to see here.

Seriously, if they nerf the shit out of Cyclone (and I think we all know they will) then the entire melee "upgrade" is the worst failure in PoE history. It still is, I think, it is just that Cyclone is so fun and easy that it makes up for a lot - a least for a meta-slave like myself.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If you didnt play Legion you missed out on breach 2.0 seriously.

This tower defense is SO not my thing. I'm most certainly skipping this league.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
lol truth - they are basically turning minions into ranged attack build clear speed/effectiveness.

And here we sit with melee changes being Cyclone or GTFO and stick your multistrike up your bunghole. But, moving on, nothing to see here.

Seriously, if they nerf the shit out of Cyclone (and I think we all know they will) then the entire melee "upgrade" is the worst failure in PoE history. It still is, I think, it is just that Cyclone is so fun and easy that it makes up for a lot - a least for a meta-slave like myself.

I’m a bit annoyed by it. I generally play “melee” exclusively and they’re going to call it a day with a single patch that had as many negatives as positives. Hopefully they leave the ascendencys alone and don’t nerf slayer or berserker so that there’s at least still the option of using those two to make all the other non cyclone skills still work half decent.

Maybe they’ll surprise me and put some small skill improvements in the new patch but I’m not expecting much of anything to be done other than nerfs.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apparently...Witch?
I tried Ele Hit totem build in synthesis and it was great, but did not play Legion. I think I will play another totem build (they just click with me for some reason) so maybe ice spear since I've never done that one. I know Im not in the guild with you guys, but look me up if you ever want to do anything. I think I may load it up tonight after work to play around with the legion stuff and familiarize myself with it some.

Freezing Pulse Totem has WAY better clear speed than Ice Spear, and almost the same single target DPS. Forum - Templar - [3.7] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (Level 100! Final Build Thoughts Video Added) - Path of Exile

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
99% damage reduction if there aren't towers (maybe of certain types) within x distance of the mobs would be my guess. Otherwise yea, I don't see how else they could make the mobs "tanky" since people are insta-phasing multi-million hp bosses.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Everything but the league mechanic looks good. Bleh.

I agree with pretty much everything this video says. Ignore the low production value.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Weird that they created the two new supporter armor sets to both look pretty much the same exact amount of bland. Still waiting on a 75% off sale of the retardedly expensive nazi armor.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m a bit annoyed by it. I generally play “melee” exclusively and they’re going to call it a day with a single patch that had as many negatives as positives. Hopefully they leave the ascendencys alone and don’t nerf slayer or berserker so that there’s at least still the option of using those two to make all the other non cyclone skills still work half decent.

Maybe they’ll surprise me and put some small skill improvements in the new patch but I’m not expecting much of anything to be done other than nerfs.
My guess is no ascendancy nerfs but a big nerf to cyclone.

That said, I plan to build a lacerate gladiator. I’m in so-so gear in POB and it’s doing 2M dps and decent leach and mitigation. It’s also a “melee” skill though.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So I'm done with this league now - I deleted my level 80 ED/Contagion character to preserve slots. Kept the King Cyclone guy though, of course.

So I moved on last night to load up Last Epoch, and what is the first thing I did? Created a cyclone-equivalent character. BWahahahahahaha. I have a higher level fire mage I have been screwing around on, but I wanted to continue to the whirl and twirl madness.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Would be fuckin sad if they didn't fix multi with flicker/sweep

Flicker + multi seemed like it was working on my berserker? I guess maybe it wasn't, I didn't try to check for it specifically, I guess I could swap multi out and compare the dmg on bosses sometime.

Caeden

I think it’s because of the zerker’s attack speed. But ice crash jugg seemed ok-ish for me too.

Xevy

Log Wizard
td16c3zhc9i31.png

We've gone full D2, baby! +to ALL skill gems. Not just socketed. I believe that unique dagger they showed does the same thing for physical spells. Pretty nice.

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

I’m excited. Ready to start a necro and do a few other builds I should’ve done this league.