Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Right when I thought I wasn't a noob in the game, I watched some different videos from the recent Atziri race. The little things these guys know makes some big impacts on their league starts. the two fragment farming strats are perfect examples, Foothills(follow north wall spawns in the same spot) and tunnel (one location can be seen from the waypoint).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Welp I think that wand shown solidifies the fact that minion builds are going to be the "jesus this is OP" build of the league. Lvl 30+ zombies/spectres here we come!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Eh. That haven’t shown what they’re doing with assassin yet. Or saboteur. I could easily see a saboteur build being the new arc.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Welp I think that wand shown solidifies the fact that minion builds are going to be the "jesus this is OP" build of the league. Lvl 30+ zombies/spectres here we come!
The unique dagger was already +3 to physical spells which affected a few summons, most notably HoA which was already OP as all fuck. These wands are gonna be pretty nuts for other summons(besides spectres) though for sure, the fact they can also roll other minion mods is pretty big, you're gonna get some fucking stupid shit going I think, and obviously you can dual wield them, although getting victario's charity in the shield slot will probably be way better than another wand unless you have another way to give minion charges, cause minion charges are fucking stupid. If they rework/buff some of the minion uniques though you'll have a fair competition for a bunch of them. Midnight Bargain, Queen's Escape, obviously Dancing Duo if you want to go this way, Soulwrest, Clayshapers etc, there's already quite a lot of good minion weapons. Mostly I feel this is just going to replace the Temple rares with 90%increased damage and attack speed.

Once cool thing about the new supports is you can put defensive on AG to keep it close to you, and give it Kingmaker so you have perma fortify. You kinda "lose" the crit multi aura part but not a big deal and you can still cull shit yourself with ball lightning/storm brand/whatever you end up using.

That said I wouldn't sleep on the assassin rework. Viper Strike after the melee "buffs" was actually really potent when I tried it, I saw Mathil made a build after I quit playing mine too(different build but still). If they add a skill that feels great to aoe with(unlike meleesplash viper), poison might be fairly meta again, since viper strike melts bosses and agony is getting changed/buffed to go with the assassin crit focus, so crit poisons will skyrocket the damage probably. And the builds tend to be fairly low investment, your weapons are fossil crafted for cheap(well they were cheap when I did mine), literally just need to roll chance to double poison and attack speed on them(and I guess critical strike/crit multi now but still) and a bunch of the other items are common uniques, plus you can do the 2 skill setup fairly easily by using 5L Embalmer gloves and your main 6L(7L if you want to go high damage/low defenses using Dendrobate).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I guess it partly depends on how much they change the way gem level scales for minions (whether they gain tons of power for high level gems). 2 +1 wands and then throw your minions in a +3 helm and a +1 tabula (or other chest) with lvl 4 empower and you're looking at lvl 29 gem for helm or 27 for chest.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm feeling an arc totem build starter with a necro after...

Cool looking changes, hope the TD doesn't suck.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Hoping that new carrion golem becomes an actual build, have to wait and see the numbers but it does look pretty cool.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Really glad I didn't roll my summoner at the end of legion like I was tempted to do

• 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hoping that new carrion golem becomes an actual build, have to wait and see the numbers but it does look pretty cool.
It looks really nice since it has a bunch of skills including a leap, but the main concern as usual for golem builds is how fucking expensive the jewels will be, especially if many people get the same idea of making a golem build. Primordial Might was historically the most expensive jewel but with the new supports it'll probably be worth jackshit(and skipped) but harmonies are gonna be a shit ton of money. There's also the issue of elementalist being a better golem ascendency, but you might need to go necro for other minion bonuses since carrion relies on them to be buffed, so unsure how it's gonna go balancing wise.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder how the blight mobs will get their extra toughness, if the towers are supposed to be useful.

There are obviously various ways they can achieve it, some that you can scale past with enough dps and some you can't , but if they've gone with artifically high resistances then inquisitor with "Inevitable judgement" to completely ignore ele resist would be OP for blight league.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Anyone using PathOfBuilding? I wanted to follow along and checkout some of Wallach's builds.

I think most of us use it. Especially for theorycrafting future builds. It's a really good resource for a lot of things, such as quickly checking a weapons dps, checking DPS comparisons for your build, or seeing DPS gains per node. It does have some issues such as minion damage/impale calculations/other advanced stuff. But for most builds it'll tell you what you need to know.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wonder how the blight mobs will get their extra toughness, if the towers are supposed to be useful.

There are obviously various ways they can achieve it, some that you can scale past with enough dps and some you can't , but if they've gone with artifically high resistances then inquisitor with "Inevitable judgement" to completely ignore ele resist would be OP for blight league.
If they have damage resistance, it's gonna be just that, actual damage resistance, not elemental resistance that you can bypass/reduce. Judging from the videos though the mobs exploded just fine, so it's either because they're not that tanky or because just having some towers remove the resistance regardless of which tower, so you can just build one tower with good aoe that clears all the damage resistance and then do your thing on your own. I assume it'll be something for weaker builds, and possibly stronger spawns(mini bosses/bosses that require a bunch of tower to kill).

They'll talk more about the mechanic in depth at some point in the future I'm sure.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Has it been mentioned anywhere that the towers are required to dmg the mobs or of any dmg reduction what-so-ever without a tower?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Going to at least give it a chance before writing it off. At the very least they'll "fix" whatever the reddit is complaining about after two weeks :p

But yeah mostly excited for the necromancer/summoner stuff.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Like every other league, including synthesis, you can just skip the mechanics and still have fun. All the other shit is still there. I know it's a waste basically not doing 10-20% of the game, but you can still blaze through maps and shit and get loots. You just won't get as much loot as Legion was yielding.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Managed to finally kill Shaper and uber-Atziri this league on HC, first time I've ever managed that. Died to a disconnect of all things before I could attempt uber Elder, but the STR-stacking build with Martyr of Innocence really paid off this time.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
HC in this game can fuck right off. I’ve had so many connection issues or engine stutter deaths.

• 1Solidarity

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
CycloneMultistrike.png