Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only withering step overwrites / refreshes it looks like on paper. These mothers and their wording don’t make it easily understood.

I think this league is going to be fun. Crazy a league starter can get 4m dps from the tree basically as Assassin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How are the defenses though?

Not liking the fading nature of Elusive. How are you supposed to plan around it, especially for stats you want to cap like dodge?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I did poison last league so that kind of kills that. I say every league I'm going to take a wait and see then start something with 2 minutes of research. I really want to see how this tower thing works out. The interview they had with the 2 devs didn't do a lot to hype me for the league tho.

Caliane

heres something..

Buff effect
The amount of Fire Damage per second taken by the player using
16px-Righteous_Fire_inventory_icon.png
Righteous Fire. It does not increase the amount of Fire Damage per second dealt to enemies since the mod specifies "on you".

but.. golems..
25% increased Effect of Buffs granted by your golems per summoned golem.
on tree thats 4 golems. +2 clayshapers. +1/2 anima stone golems. +3 primordial chain
+70% buff effect in passive tree.
so, +170% buff effect with basic passives.
+220% with clayshapers
+270% with anima stone.
I wonder, will THIS effect legions burning aura.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
One thing I’m noticing is that scourge arrow and toxic rain has a fuckton if boosts on the tree. Things like cobra lash do not from a relative sense. I’m thinking Nightblade more than makes up for it.

Regardless, I’m probably doing assassin.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
heres something..

but.. golems..
on tree thats 4 golems. +2 clayshapers. +1/2 anima stone golems. +3 primordial chain
+70% buff effect in passive tree.
so, +170% buff effect with basic passives.
+220% with clayshapers
+270% with anima stone.
I wonder, will THIS effect legions burning aura.
That's golem buff effects only, not any buffs. It specifically only affects the individual unique buff each golem has, and only works on you too(golems don't buff themselves, only you). So it wouldn't have any impact with Infernal legion.

You do get a shit ton of effects out of these though, notably a lot of phys reduction from chaos golem and life regen from stonegolem which makes you surprisingly tanky especially since you're also immune to ailments.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
How are the defenses though?

Not liking the fading nature of Elusive. How are you supposed to plan around it, especially for stats you want to cap like dodge?

Idk I always do phase acro section and usually evasion and not worry about capping defense. Since 3 leagues ago when they made getting to 100 a joke I really could care less about survival.

When I did care about defense and you had to 100 yourself I would build defense in layers. Normally acro and phase acro along with a purity and a watched eye that has physical taken as that purity. I’d also use temple mod dodge boots or atziris step if running a QoTF. Lastly with rare chest and helm I would use the phys taken as X element.

I’m a big fan of movement speed and QoTF so grace would always be an aura with MS mod from watchers eye along with the purity physical taken as mod duo.

Borzak

I guess I'll go flavor of the month part 2. Not necro but some kind of raider possibly. Guess I'll dig around for a build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Probably settled on Lighting Wild Strike with Inpulsa. Can't decide between claws or foils. Claws seem better for QoL but foils are significantly better dps.

• 1Like

Borzak

Have they improved doing poison with daggers or anything? I thought about trying a dagger last league but it was all almost claws for poison.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just reading here and watching other places, it looks like these new meta skills are going to get rather expensive. Whoever linked me that freezing pulse build, thank you. I think I will start with that at start as it was kind of fun. (leveled it to 50ish to play around with it some) Bane also looked untouched and that was a ridiculous skill. also, although contagion lost its radius buff, the TD gimmick may still make it sick as well with mobs playing follow the leader along the blight paths.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Have they improved doing poison with daggers or anything? I thought about trying a dagger last league but it was all almost claws for poison.
Daggers are usually more damage, but the life on hit on claws and high life leech on claw nodes tend to be such high QoL especially for builds that don't leech very much(like poison builds since most of the damage comes from the poisons themselves) it pulls ahead in most cases I think. Daggers should be substantially more damage now though since they buffed perfect agony and crit in general with poisons and daggers will end up with much higher damage. Wether or not that matters though I don't know.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wasps Nests with corruptions are going to be pricey with the dmg they do for mobs with 5 poison stacks. So much added chaos on them and good ias.

Borzak

Just reading here and watching other places, it looks like these new meta skills are going to get rather expensive. Whoever linked me that freezing pulse build, thank you. I think I will start with that at start as it was kind of fun. (leveled it to 50ish to play around with it some) Bane also looked untouched and that was a ridiculous skill. also, although contagion lost its radius buff, the TD gimmick may still make it sick as well with mobs playing follow the leader along the blight paths.

I know it will be terrible this league but I'm seriously thinking of doing a boring arc totem build and will allow me some time to mess with the towers and such while totems do their thing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wasps Nests with corruptions are going to be pricey with the dmg they do for mobs with 5 poison stacks. So much added chaos on them and good ias.
Wasps nests are good entry level weapons but last time I did some pob for my viper strike, they were terrible endgame weapon compared to basic fossil rares with flat chaos, aspeed and 60% chance for poisons to deal double dmg(which isn't too hard to roll if you use corroded, aberant and metallic, cuts most other rolls, can craft the speed too if needed so really only need to hit flat chaos+poison). It's an old PoB from the start of legion but based on that changing from wasp nest to the rare is a ~80% DPS increase.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bane was nerfed in 3.7, no reason to nerf it again.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I know it will be terrible this league but I'm seriously thinking of doing a boring arc totem build and will allow me some time to mess with the towers and such while totems do their thing.

I had considered it while trying to see how the skitterbots would affect them (mainly for the freeze aura to help with defense). Ive not looked it so not sure if it is a one gem item or if they would need anything connected.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Why terrible? I'm doing this too, arc totem crit build. Messing in PoB shows 1 to 1.5 mil dps per totem x5 totems with good gear. Should be good with the TD stuff.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m either doing cobra lash or shamelessly stealing @Korrupt’s scourge arrow starter.

End goal for me is trying out a crit lacerate glad and a bladestorm champion.

• 1Like