Path of Exile

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Need numbers for Spectre/Zombie/Carrion Golem gems, guess that will come today but I don't think they show gem levels above 20 on the official reveal info. What the cooldown on carrion golem abilities are is also important.

RF totems might actually be pretty good now too. Golems will also be pretty nuts with all the extra increased buff effect on the tree(expensive as fuck though).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Clarity got a massive buff too, almost doubled. As long as you put some points into some mana nodes and run that I think a bunch of builds will be fine.

The new mana reduction reworked support, inspiration is also apparently pretty fucking good if your main spell isn't prohibitively expensive and is elemental. Like some napkin math on reddit says it's a ~35% more multiplier if your mana cost is 50. That's considering you'll be removing another support that's like 120 or 130% cost and replacing it with this one that's free, so you're basically thinking of 50mana for a 5L. It seems even better for attacks since these have stupid shit tier costs, so you get some of these 100% elem conversion skills(frost blades, ice arrow, molten strike and whatever the fuck else) and you get a 40% more ele damage with 50% crit chance more or less(since building the whole 800mana spent pool when you're spending like 12 a hit takes a fucking long ass time).

Talking about ele attacks, Wild Strike can now be set to a single element. You get a penalty on added damage of other types, but should be pretty strong.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
These new mana nodes on tree that give spell dmg aren’t bad either. They really updated the tree and it’s gonna take all morning to understand these changes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
These new mana nodes on tree that give spell dmg aren’t bad either. They really updated the tree and it’s gonna take all morning to understand these changes.
Also the Arcane Capacitor on the templar side, bunch of mana and then some increased effect of arcane surge and 10% chance to get arcane surge on kill, which should free up other ways to get arcane surge into something else if you path around(it's not too poorly placed either, next to the life nodes). With the increased effect you get like ~3-4% more spell damage, a bit of cast speed and a bit of % mana regen too.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
People on reddit are flipping out about losing the Violent Dead jewel. I wonder if the zombie rework lowers the cd on their slam, otherwise "zombies only" might not be viable.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
People on reddit are flipping out about losing the Violent Dead jewel. I wonder if the zombie rework lowers the cd on their slam, otherwise "zombies only" might not be viable.
Yeah I mentionned that, but I don't think it's an entirely accurate complaint. Obviously it's a pretty big nerf since with 2 jewels and the necro point, you could more or less have zombies only spam slam, and slam is like 50% more damage than normal attacks, can't miss(for whatever reason) and obviously, is an aoe. Without the jewels and just the base scaling of the spell, you'll probably just get the cdr from the Ascendancy point, so it's a fairly big nerf, we're talking slam every other/every 3 hits instead.

That said you can run splash for map clearing fine, and with Montregul even without splash I'm pretty sure everything is going to melt anyway even with shitty slams. Add agressive AI so zombies don't stop to sniff your butt between every attack and they'll probably just run through shit like butter.

And let's not forget the +2 level and +1-2 wands, so you'll get even stronger zombies.

Some of the people complaining are also bitching about the fact slam required no accuracy, but in my current build I have 100% chance to hit(more than that even) and I didn't even try for it. The base accuracy change combined to the new Grave Pact node being fucking great for damage(chance to double hit) AND having 70% accuracy on it at the same time(with Lord of the Dead, that's +100%accuracy guaranteed even without the Spiritual Aid shit in case ppl don't want these) and that's basically enough to cap, so that part's a non factor too.

So yeah I don't know. I probably wouldn't roll pure zombie from the start anyway though cause that's basically a Baron build, but Baron is going to be pretty fucking retarded this league, since it's still rare as fuck and a lot more people will want one.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Poison is silly again getting 4m dps with 1c bow with new nodes and not even using multi jewels. Much more interesting having to make choices on tree now instead of same nodes for every chaos build.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I feel like HoAg and Toxic rain pathfinder or maybe even assassin is going to be amazing. Might even be able to do it with necro.

I was going to look into a skele build that applies poisons and uses a 6L hoag

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did TR for legion with 180ms and no helm enchant or even these new nodes and killed the league. Its a ridiculously strong leveling skill and Uber elder killer with 0 gear.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I feel like HoAg and Toxic rain pathfinder or maybe even assassin is going to be amazing. Might even be able to do it with necro.

I was going to look into a skele build that applies poisons and uses a 6L hoag

Skeletons applying poisons wouldn't give you stacks for HoAg in case that's what you were thinking. Minions are their own entities, they don't benefit from your herald buff and their damage doesn't affect your stuff. Only exception if it hasn't been fixed is that monsters dying to poison are always assigned to you as kills, even if the poison comes from minions. But even then wouldn't help for HoAg. If you're going to poison yourself too though that works fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Skeletons applying poisons wouldn't give you stacks for HoAg in case that's what you were thinking. Minions are their own entities, they don't benefit from your herald buff and their damage doesn't affect your stuff. Only exception if it hasn't been fixed is that monsters dying to poison are always assigned to you as kills, even if the poison comes from minions. But even then wouldn't help for HoAg. If you're going to poison yourself too though that works fine.

Damnit. Yep. What I was thinking. For some reason I was thinking aura not buff.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pathfinder or trickster?

Trickster

Heres my 3.8 league starter, 5m dps scourge arrow assassin (broken) with starter gear and 1c bow. No shock or focus cheese but click it and see that dps double for burns :)

I can post some other league starters im thinking of if anyone wants Assassin shit or a Poets Pen Necro im going to try.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Caeden Caeden my profile is public, check out my Korean named Trickster who is 97, he has the helm enchant and insane movement speed and the bow isnt bad to craft but the crafts are pricey.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Scourge arrow the channeling one that kinda sucks to use indoors?

I'm still sticking with an arc totems hiero to start cause it's mindless, and see what minion builds popup as league goes on.

Work gonna keep me from playing a lot but I'm at least off Friday for league start!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trickster

Heres my 3.8 league starter, 5m dps scourge arrow assassin (broken) with starter gear and 1c bow. No shock or focus cheese but click it and see that dps double for burns :)

I can post some other league starters im thinking of if anyone wants Assassin shit or a Poets Pen Necro im going to try.

Thanks for the pob link, i dont think i'll play this league but if i do i'm shamelessly gonna have to steal someones interesting looking build.

What am i missing that gives you that 7th link? its still 4m dps with 1 less link so still good just wondering. And why is vicious proj better than unbound ailments when PoB says not?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the pob link, i dont think i'll play this league but if i do i'm shamelessly gonna have to steal someones interesting looking build.

What am i missing that gives you that 7th link? its still 4m dps with 1 less link so still good just wondering. And why is vicious proj better than unbound ailments when PoB says not?
Vicious is getting buffed in the patch, gem info isn't updated in pob. And 7L I assume is just for testing purposes since it doesn't seem to have 7links as far as I can tell.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
HoAg Guardian is looking really nice with the reworked passives he gets. Is some sort of "pop" needed to make the HoAg clear non retarded? Is Occultist or Asenath's Gentle Touch the only options?