Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Too slow? I had been thinking glad. I don’t enjoy blitz zerker. I did that last league. Not lacerate, but still.

It is very slow and clunky; attack speed scales at 60% of base. Blitz Zerker Lacerate was definitely my favourite build in Legion. I did end up switching it to Cyclone near the end because both builds use pretty much the same tree and gear, so I wanted to try it out. You absolutely need the attack speed from Blitz for Lacerate, but if you do Gladiator instead, I'd suggest another skill.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ever since the last patch I am failing all my blights. I need to rework my spectres I think. I went with PoH instead of wand like I did before and maybe that was the issue.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just stumbled onto the fact that rotgut quicksilver flask with minimum frenzy charges is pretty good, free onslaught.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It is very slow and clunky; attack speed scales at 60% of base. Blitz Zerker Lacerate was definitely my favourite build in Legion. I did end up switching it to Cyclone near the end because both builds use pretty much the same tree and gear, so I wanted to try it out. You absolutely need the attack speed from Blitz for Lacerate, but if you do Gladiator instead, I'd suggest another skill.
I ended up finding a cheap 2H that I’ll make a impale stacking bladestorm champion from.

I will probably try what you suggested too just because. Maybe just get a soultaker.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I ended up finding a cheap 2H that I’ll make a impale stacking bladestorm champion from.

I will probably try what you suggested too just because. Maybe just get a soultaker.
Soultaker are stupidly expensive this league, not really the time to build anything reliant on them.

Caeden

Soultaker are stupidly expensive this league, not really the time to build anything reliant on them.
I saw that. I can’t figure out why either. I imagine it’s a bunch of people that are running offhand to reserve all mana. Price will drop once it reaches saturation.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I saw that. I can’t figure out why either. I imagine it’s a bunch of people that are running offhand to reserve all mana. Price will drop once it reaches saturation.
It combines with Heartseeker into Kingmaker. Kingmaker gives fortify+culling+item rarity+crit multi as an aura, it's the #1 item to have on your Animate Guardian since it both gives you permanent fortify as well as culling(effectively 10% more damage) and works on minions(as long as you keep everything in range). With Necros being as popular as they are now, and the fact few people will bother reselling it/might even lose it if they're not careful and the innate rarity of soul take(even in synthesis it was 10-20c even though summoners were 2-3% of the population and melees using it probably even lower than that), that leads to these prices.

Caeden

Huh. I learned something new. I thought it was just heart seeker and something off a breach guy.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This cyclone hoa trickster is so fun even with how burnt I am on the game

Really, really good changes to allow for hybrid minion builds

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I trashed on my hierophant divine ire totem build earlier in this thread earlier so i get what you're saying. And i do like the build i switched to but i've sorta maxed that out afaik whitout getting 50ex items sorta thing. So i decided to go back to trying the hierophant and am currently collecting some gear for that but this time i have a better vision for how to scale it i think and i imagine with better dps it should be easier to handle the annoyances. My pob mockup seems to suggest its pretty easy to get beams hitting for 2 to 3 million going the soul mantle + atziri reflection + cowards legacy/pain attunement + self flaggelation route with a sprinkle of devouring diadem and less aura reserve to fit 3 auras, wrath, hatred and zealotry + a bonus discipline cause i'm MoM + EB (46% reduced , 185% reserve * 0.54 = 99.9% reserved).

So just a small update on this. I sank 35ish ex into the divine ire totem build and got up to the 2 million damage beam mark (1.2 on shaper/elder bosses) at level 93. Uber elder, and any other boss i imagine, is a breeze. Mapping is still miserably slow though imo and just not very fun and i wouldn't say i reached my goal of making the annoyances easier to handle. All in all would not reccomend, it was more fun mapping out in pob than actually playing. I even crafted a "enemies killed explode mace" to see if it would help with mapping and it didn't.

Guess i'm pretty much done with this league.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I was done with the league when I decided to buy Borderlands 3, lol.

Still look forward to finding out what they do with the next one though.

• 1Repost
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Been a lot of rumblings of people wanting them to slow down for a league and think some things through and maybe fix some stuff. Only them looking at the bottom line will make an impact. Seeing as how many people buy supporter packs before a league starts I dunno if this will work out.

The only issue I have currently is the amount of screen clutter especially running blights. Not even using mtx on spells and such the new poison skills get kind of cluttery. I wish they had an option to turn off some stuff or limit it. But they make a living selling the stuff so doubtful.

I think it was synthesis that they said the idea came from another game they played. This league comes from tower defense. Kind of hoping they don't get the idea for the next league from another game. I think it was mid synthesis (maybe confusing leagues) Chris Wilson did a long letter about how the game needed to focus on killing stuff again and such. I think player numbers dropped off pretty quickly and that was his PR response. He just had another about how the engine is lean and fast. Maybe it was inspired by low numbers.

Caeden

So just a small update on this. I sank 35ish ex into the divine ire totem build and got up to the 2 million damage beam mark (1.2 on shaper/elder bosses) at level 93. Uber elder, and any other boss i imagine, is a breeze. Mapping is still miserably slow though imo and just not very fun and i wouldn't say i reached my goal of making the annoyances easier to handle. All in all would not reccomend, it was more fun mapping out in pob than actually playing. I even crafted a "enemies killed explode mace" to see if it would help with mapping and it didn't.

Guess i'm pretty much done with this league.

Exactly where I ended with it. It was a bosser and that’s it.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another league, another 36 challenges. Took me a bit longer this time cause I just didn't enjoy the league or meta at all.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Weird that Uber Elder is 1 of the 4 you didn't do.

First league I've played a summoner, more enjoyable than I anticipated. My baseline for comparing builds is blood aqueducts and Slave Drivers/Zombies got 400m XP/hour there. Tied for my best with Static Strike, but that ability has some real issues that make it unplayable. I suspect an autobomber would be faster since it's specifically built around movement speed, but I have no desire to play a build that's weak at killing even map bosses.

I went Mana Guardian because I planned on using Pledge of Hands but now I'm looking at dropping that for a Prism Guardian/Shavs setup. I still contend that Mana Guardian is better than Necro for spectres. I can't find much that a necro offers that competes with 15k ES, 30k AC, and Wicked Ward.

Last edited:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Weird that Uber Elder is 1 of the 4 you didn't do.

I still run the old shaped atlas. I hate running the bad layout maps in the red tiers with the phased bosses. Ive killed Uber Elder a dozen or so times but just not on my atlas.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can you still get your Elder orb that way? I usually kill Uber Elder then uncomplete my T16s. I used to uncomplete my T15s too, but I've never had to run my shaped T15 since I started doing that, just end up selling them in bulk. The changes to master missions made this even better as no more having your masters stranded on maps you don't run.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you still get your Elder orb that way? I usually kill Uber Elder then uncomplete my T16s. I used to uncomplete my T15s too, but I've never had to run my shaped T15 since I started doing that, just end up selling them in bulk. The changes to master missions made this even better as no more having your masters stranded on maps you don't run.

You shape a yellow map the elder is on to kill the red elder then can kill shaper on anyones atlas for the elder orb. The challenge has to be done on your own atlas.

And since people love PoBs heres mine. A Champion Impaler with just about everything set up except the 2 extra impale watchers eye done on Hardcore Blight

My amulet isnt great but this late in a league the population of hardcore has largely died off. My ring isnt the best but I needed the mana leech at the time and now need the chaos res which again is hard to replace cause of the population. Couple points of me just being lazy like using Enhance on Blood Rage rather than summoning an Ancestral Protector when I need the attack speed, etc.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You shape a yellow map the elder is on to kill the red elder then can kill shaper on anyones atlas for the elder orb. The challenge has to be done on your own atlas.

And since people love PoBs heres mine. A Champion Impaler with just about everything set up except the 2 extra impale watchers eye done on Hardcore Blight

My amulet isnt great but this late in a league the population of hardcore has largely died off. My ring isnt the best but I needed the mana leech at the time and now need the chaos res which again is hard to replace cause of the population. Couple points of me just being lazy like using Enhance on Blood Rage rather than summoning an Ancestral Protector when I need the attack speed, etc.

The HC trading selection is so fucking horrible, can't even find semi decent boots at a normal price. Literally just looking for 85+ life, 25%movespeed, armor based(can be hybrid) and some low resists(15-20% would be enough) and it's like there's a bunch of corrupted shit and then it jumps to 15-20c boots. Meanwhile on SC you can buy delve boots with life% rolls and better resists for less than that, it's so fucked. Luckily I don't really NEED the boots, it's just really bad. It also took me over 40mins to sell an ex at the first price(1c less than the rest).