Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I imagine Beacon of Ruin was nerfed because the game can no longer handle the amount of calculations involved with prolif.

Speaking of performance and scapegoats...I want my fucking shatter sound back. I'm voting with my wallet, no more supporter packs until they fix this. I don't care if it actually caused performance issues, that was part of the appeal, it added another dimension to killing many monsters at once. I do care that you couldn't fix the issue without outright removing the sound.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cyclone with HH and 200ms is bearable but its old as shit and unless you’re new we’ve all done 10 cyclone builds so it’s a pretty stale.

I would love to see a return to the prolif meta even though it was in for a long time :)
Ironically, the cyclone char I made was the first cyclone char I made ever. I never actually played the old cyclone(well maybe for 3mins to check the gem out but not even sure I did that) and hadn't played cyclone since the melee rework(cyclone rework really) patch. Played since beta but the old cyclone was just so unappealing to me.

I also ran a prolif build for a little bit this league, fireball prolif with golementalist scaling. It was... meh. Single target was just too shit, map clearing was nice enough. It would probably be a lot better as anohter class though I just felt like doing weird golem scaling stuff, had like 7golems for all the increased buff stuff.

I imagine Beacon of Ruin was nerfed because the game can no longer handle the amount of calculations involved with prolif.

Speaking of performance and scapegoats...I want my fucking shatter sound back. I'm voting with my wallet, no more supporter packs until they fix this. I don't care if it actually caused performance issues, that was part of the appeal, it added another dimension to killing many monsters at once. I do care that you couldn't fix the issue without outright removing the sound.

Too late to vote with your wallet, Chris already posted on reddit they're bringing it back. They might have found a way to fix the tech issues without changing the sound, not sure.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wait a minute...reddit did something good?

Also, I agree about old cyclone being quite aidsy. I put up with it for a few builds somehow, but having a serviceable cyclone existing in D3 at the same time was especially galling.

The problem I always come back to for prolif builds is sustain. How the hell to builds that can't leech reliably keep themselves alive? I've found a few exceptions with stuff like high ES and Wicked Ward or stacking regen, but even then, it doesn't feel as good as leech.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In mine I had Diadem cause I couldn't deal with mana either(or well I didn't try) so that was a bunch of healing, and the fireballs themselves were doing fairly ok leech(had fire leech on amulet and elementalist leech and maybe some leech on the tree too?). Not for single target though, but for general mapping sustain was fine. Didn't take it very high so don't know about higher.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nemesis is around 5 it’s before Breach and Harbinger.

Cyclone was total shit before too unless you were a 1%r anyway. You needed a corrupted Atziris Disfavour with +melee range corruption if you were doing XP build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just using the ability was shit. Having to keep your mouse right next to your character to exploit the double swing was fucking stupid.

They made attempts to fix the pathing but it was never that good in that respect until 3.7.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don’t understand, outline what I did wrong there? Temp chains is there temporarily until I get an Enhance gem.
I'm not sure what happens when you try to apply two same-level curses at the same time and you have a 1 curse limit. But as it is now, you're definitely not getting both, unless I missed somewhere where you increased your curse limit.

Oh, one other thing, you're wasting much of your neck slot. I'm not even sure the proc works for minion builds since "you" aren't doing the killing. But you definitely aren't getting the free mana reservation.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm not sure what happens when you try to apply two same-level curses at the same time and you have a 1 curse limit. But as it is now, you're definitely not getting both, unless I missed somewhere where you increased your curse limit.

Oh, one other thing, you're wasting much of your neck slot. I'm not even sure the proc works for minion builds since "you" aren't doing the killing. But you definitely aren't getting the free mana reservation.

Yeah the neck was a different build and I was doing temp chains as an aura. I haven’t figured out what I want to put there instead.The notable unlock on it is pretty great which is why I haven’t pushed to replace it just yet. Any suggestions on what to put there?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm, I'm not as familiar with the life-based necro version of Slave Drivers. I'm playing a LL Mana Guardian currently and using the annointment on Gravepact since it's 10 points out of the way.

I'm not sure how much loose currency you have. A new neck(that one really isn't doing much for you outside of the annointment) + buying the oils for the same annointment will probably cost 100c tops.

You could sell the neck too, if you have no plans for it. I think it's still worth ~2 ex.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Hmmm, I'm not as familiar with the life-based necro version of Slave Drivers. I'm playing a LL Mana Guardian currently and using the annointment on Gravepact since it's 10 points out of the way.

I'm not sure how much loose currency you have. A new neck(that one really isn't doing much for you outside of the annointment) + buying the oils for the same annointment will probably cost 100c tops.

You could sell the neck too, if you have no plans for it. I think it's still worth ~2 ex.
There, I fixed it up a bit more. I went with just pure life and dex as my only search parameters and I will sell off the Aul later.

It was 50c for the amulet and 25c for the oil that I needed since I had an opalescent and several verdant already.

Also grabbed an enhance only level 3 for now since they are cheap and popped a few of my leveling gems to 20% qual to level up.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Much better. I'm surprised you have the gem slots to fit an enhance gem. I had to get an unset ring just to fit everything on my summoner. Though, I am using 6 auras...

Can anyone comment on Baron zombie clear vs Slave Driver clear? I'm pretty much done gearing out my Mana Guardian for Slave Drivers and I want a new set of gear to save up for as I finish the league challenges. Slave drivers clear decently well. Not as good as Solar Guards or Risen Vaal Advocates, but the fact that Delve rares are barely a hiccup to Slave Drivers makes it worth it. Do zombies do just as well or does leash range + melee make it even worse?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Much better. I'm surprised you have the gem slots to fit an enhance gem. I had to get an unset ring just to fit everything on my summoner. Though, I am using 6 auras...
I am using two unsets but yeah not using that meany auras myself. Wrath / Precision / Skitterbots and the one curse of Ele Weak.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Whomever is playing spectres how do these gems look?

I am thinking about one of these in my visage for the taunt for sure. Is it worth doing 3 of them? Really stack that lightning damage, or do life instead and stack life/lightning damage/???