Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
They put the correct currency in and then cancel the trade then reopen it in the vain hope that you'll probably not bother looking again.

It only happens on common(ish) stuff really, I've never had anyone try and fuck me when doing crafted trades and I regularly sell crafted stuff to make a few bob. The people that pull this kind of shit mostly don't play the game they just rmt whatever they scam.

There's so much rmt in the game it's a joke, it's pretty bewildering that GGG don't give a fuck about it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It's getting worse day by day. In the cyclone league I started late and wanted to buy a 6 link chest. Over the course of a week I saw probably 15 5 links offered for trade as 6 links. I think they make an alt, list the 5 link. Soon as someone cancels out of the trade they make another alt. Rinse and repeat all day.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
They put the correct currency in and then cancel the trade then reopen it in the vain hope that you'll probably not bother looking again.

It only happens on common(ish) stuff really, I've never had anyone try and fuck me when doing crafted trades and I regularly sell crafted stuff to make a few bob. The people that pull this kind of shit mostly don't play the game they just rmt whatever they scam.

There's so much rmt in the game it's a joke, it's pretty bewildering that GGG don't give a fuck about it.

I see. There for sure are plenty of trading scumbags in this game. I allways make sure to take an extra look before pressing that accept button.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
If anyone is quitting the league and sitting on a pile of regrets....I’d take them off your hand I have one...more...build I want to try.

I can help you tonight just msg me and remind me. Wish this game had a mail system !

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see. There for sure are plenty of trading scumbags in this game. I allways make sure to take an extra look before pressing that accept button.

The funny thing is that in hardcore, Ive never had a single person try to scam me.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The funny thing is that in hardcore, Ive never had a single person try to scam me.

I wish i had the skill to play on hardcore but i die too much. That desire has to do with trading but less so about the scammers and more to do with how inflated the softcore market gets just a week or two after league launch because of what i assume has to be bots and rmt.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
There's much less gear on hardcore to scam people for and nobody who is new to poe will be playing on hardcore so it'd be pointless for them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The flipside is the economy on hardcore is a fucking wasteland and you can be looking a long time for well rolled rares and shit. But yeah no scammers there or at least not many.

To be fair though unless you're selling/buying The Doctor or 6L big ticket uniques, you don't run into the scammers too often either on softcore. And if you do deal with these, spend a week reading reddit and you should be well aware of the common scams since they're posted constantly. The basics is, if the other guy cancels the trade, your scam detector should skyrocket. Sometime I cancel cause I didn't split my 10c into 3c for a map, but for a high price item that shit's a big red flag. Double that if the guy is trying to argue on the value of ex in chaos(like you put 160c but he says .8 exalts are worth 162c on an 8exalt sale, that fucker's about to give you some stinker after you get your 2 additional chaos). When buying 6L, double check it is actually a 6L, the common scam is 4L+2L, with some chests having the graphic kinda look like a link too(qotf iirc is pretty big on that).

When selling, make sure you actually check how many exalts are in the window, same for chaos, some people will drop 1 exalts or 1c in the middle of 10stacks. For the exalt it's also common by doing the cancel trade shit, they give you 7exalt for your Doctor for example, then cancel then put 1exalt and a bunch of chaos and if you're too quick to accept, you got fucked. Then again people have started dropping other cards in the trade to scam the scammers, basically drop some shit card and get an exalt for it, easy money.

Really pretty much all scams rely on you not spending the extra 5secs to check the item they put in the window, that you have to hover on anyway. No one's gonna cancel a trade because you take 10secs to inspect the item before you agree on the trade(well besides scammers), so just take the time. Obviously if it's some 5c shit doesn't matter but when you're buying 1ex+ shit you should pay attention.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This isn't a scam, so to speak, but I encountered it for the first time last weekend. I was buying a Shaper Maul for my Zombies build and some guy put up a perfect one for 2 exalts, already 6Linked and multimodded. Maybe he's quitting and doing a fire sale, idk. He responds and the group starts filling up quickly, so I thought it was the fire sale thing.

Faggot made everyone bid against each other. I noped out and bought one for 6ex instead.

I would really love SSF to become completely viable. If I felt I could realistically grind for a Tempest Binding with a 0.5% Cold Damage leeched as Life corruption that I bought for 3ex, I would totally play SSF.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've been fucking around with my 2nd Necro. Full fire triad with 6 Monte zombies and 4 Slashed Miscreations. Pretty fucking good. Done Uber Elder about 3 times, died at least 3 times each, but mostly to me being relatively new to the fight and me fucking up proper stage pushing. I had Tukohama's Vanguards with multi totem for one of them, and it sucked. The Slashed Miscreations are just way better for a 4 link spectre. They basically never die, have a huge blade vortex, and I could keep Feeding Frenzy in instead of Multi totems.

Monte's grasp is fucking amazing. It's literally Inpulsas for summoners. My zombies do something like 250% minion damage, so that "20% of life as fire explosion" is really 50% of a monsters life before all my EE and Flammability. Just oneshots any non-prox blight train.

I'm not Necro Aegis either so I have a hp on block shield with lvl 22 bone offering from Mistress of Sacrifice, a near perfect Rumi's, and some choice spell block nodes and a big shield annoint. I end up with something like 72 proj block, 70 attack block, and 56ish spell block chance. Not to mention anytime I block I get something like 700hp back.

Only drawback is I'm at like 5300hp and 1.2 ES. I always have fortify up with my leap slam (thanks Montes!) so it's pretty hard to oneshot me. I essentially never die to anything except Uber Elder bullshit and the occasional juiced Blight boss or mobs with something like 200% extra damage and crit or something.

It seems to me they're almost purposefully balancing the meta classes for their league mechanics. Legion was made for big boi Cyclone and Blight synergizes so well with Unending Hunger spectres. It's almost too much of a coincidence. Then they wonder why 43% of people play Necros at the high end.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Except Monte'grul can't chain off itself or other damage. Inpulsa chaining is not a meta anymore since they deleted Beacon of Ruin and Arc, but it's still possible.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Doesn't matter as much when you have 6 zombies all slamming. Each one of those can proc its own explosion if stuff isn't one shot to begin with.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’ve been doing sweep slayer. I like it but man even with slayer leech I feel like a glass cannon compared to champion with bladestorm/perforate. Is the issue my aps? Or what? I’ll post my PoB in a minute.

A good example, I’m putting out about 800k dps full buffed depending on how I set up my ascendancy and that’s without accounting for impale. Should be a pretty smooth UE kill. Yet I felt I had no fucking leeway on the fight. It was like my HP would just plummet if deigned to get hit. (Yeah yeah. Don’t get hit). Conversely, other builds have been deathless this league and that includes my dumb bladestorm build.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
So I’ve been doing sweep slayer. I like it but man even with slayer leech I feel like a glass cannon compared to champion with bladestorm/perforate. Is the issue my aps?

Yes. Sweep is a skill best used on berserker imo. Even with all that extra attack speed it’s still stuttery, I can’t imagine how clunky it would feel on a slayer. Better off playing ground slam.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So I’ve been doing sweep slayer. I like it but man even with slayer leech I feel like a glass cannon compared to champion with bladestorm/perforate. Is the issue my aps? Or what? I’ll post my PoB in a minute.

A good example, I’m putting out about 800k dps full buffed depending on how I set up my ascendancy and that’s without accounting for impale. Should be a pretty smooth UE kill. Yet I felt I had no fucking leeway on the fight. It was like my HP would just plummet if deigned to get hit. (Yeah yeah. Don’t get hit). Conversely, other builds have been deathless this league and that includes my dumb bladestorm build.
For a lot of melee you need fortify (which I'm sure you have) and then keeping up Endurance Charges is a pretty big deal as well. After that it's 6khp and maybe a defensive flask and you're on your own. A lot of slayer types even go for around 7khp or more if they can afford it via Kaom's Roots or Kaom's Chest. Slayer leech is nuts, but those big hits can still just fucking gib you unless you're reducing the initial impact by as much as you can.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Doesn't matter as much when you have 6 zombies all slamming. Each one of those can proc its own explosion if stuff isn't one shot to begin with.
How do you multiple triggers? Doesn't the zombie need to get the kill shot?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yes. Sweep is a skill best used on berserker imo. Even with all that extra attack speed it’s still stuttery, I can’t imagine how clunky it would feel on a slayer. Better off playing ground slam.
See, so far I fucking hate this. The answer to everything has been berzerker. I actually think sweep feels fine on slayer but the survivability does not.

Xevy

Log Wizard
How do you multiple triggers? Doesn't the zombie need to get the kill shot?
Any zombie needs to get the killshot. So I have 6 zombies, with suped AE. Their slam is literally half a screen each. So Zombie one slams, most liekly everything it hits inside slam dies. Anything outside gets sploded for 50% of the dead mobs hp. Zombie #2 slams and poof. Same thing. Over and over and over again. My zombie slams do something like 200k shaper dps (probably more, PoB is screwy) so basically only big beefy rares don't get oneshot and the add explosions take care of them. I think it takes like 4 slams to kill spiders at depth 180+ in delve.

Zombies only attack live enemies and unless I convocate them, they're staggered. So Alpha zombie will slam first, then the 2nd behind him, etc etc etc. But if Alpha zombie kills it, beta zombie just holds his slam til next pack.

I'll do a T15 and stream it and highlight it. It's pretty ridiculous. I'm poor atm, but I'm working on a +1 spec chest and then I'll have to move my zombies to a +2 helm for a bonus zombie to keep my 6 hulks (I currently have +1 zombie chest, but that prefix blocks +1 spectre and vice versa). So I was working on an elder helm and my 2nd resonator hit this:

1571789409692.png

If it wasn't a dead league already, probably be worth a bit. 5 T1's and an open Suffix.