Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So far bladestorm is pretty decent on champion with 100% impale. It’s not cyclone good, but what is.

It’d be a great skill in a world where passive dps and go go go wasn’t meta. And really, not playing meta means you’re probably a poor.

Caeden

I think legion spoiled us. So many mobs to drop maps. I’m about out of t15s myself.

Caeden

Yeah. I’ve been running temple and delving. I’m just having shit luck compared to even betrayal or synthesis.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Why does the log in screen show "4.0.0 announcement livestream in 32 days". I thought they had just said that was much later towards the end of 2020.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, but a year ahead. Seemed odd.
They're just gonna talk broad strokes kind of stuff we can expect from the expansion. I assume if they're adding an AH or some trading system, that's one thing, probably what they're doing with the acts if there's new ones or alternative leveling or whatever, maybe new class or new ascendencies, new endgame concept, this kind of shit, just a teaser basically. It isn't very surprising to announce an expansion a year before, pretty much every mmo does that for example, they don't wait 2months before it happens to start talking about it. They will also talk about the actual next league too they said.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I mentioned this build to Kythik Kythik , of course I said the magic words, movement speed, and he was interested. You can get close to 300% increased movement speed while mapping. The basic idea is to take a BV autobomber and integrate Elusive and Badge of the Brotherhood.

That's my "take" on the build in the video. It doesn't stray too far from it, I tweaked the reservations a bit. Honestly, making my own PoB is just conducive towards learning the build, even if you end up at the same place. It let's you learn what knobs can be turned instead of just copying exactly what the build guide says to do.

For instance, I don't think reserving Zealotry is all that important unless you plan on doing a lot of endgame bossing. Picking up Flesh and Stone, Discipline, and MoM help the survivability a ton. Additionally, with some further investment like a L4 Enlighten, expensive Circle of Fear, and a delve ring for cold leech, you can drop the Onslaught on HoI and Atziri's flask, replacing them respectively with Ice Bite and Cinderswallow. There's a lot of ways pouring extra exalts into this build will produce meaningful results. Even a Farrul's Fur would be useful if you're bossing.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Something I can't figure out: what's the "correct" way to use Withering Step? I've been using it purely as a way to apply a fresh Elusive from Mistwalker. Hit Withering Step then immediately BV before engaging a pack. But in the video, he links Enhance with Withering Step, like he's actually using the Elusive from that ability.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Something I can't figure out: what's the "correct" way to use Withering Step? I've been using it purely as a way to apply a fresh Elusive from Mistwalker. Hit Withering Step then immediately BV before engaging a pack. But in the video, he links Enhance with Withering Step, like he's actually using the Elusive from that ability.
I guess you could do the contrary, cast your BVs then withering step into the next pack. Checking the video, he does that a bunch of times, recast BV then withering step for faster movespeed into next pack(just run through it without pressing anything either), and then refresh/whatever. I don't know if it's worth using Enhance on though but I guess depends on how many sockets you don't really need for anything else and he also has enhance on flame dash for lower cd so makes sense. Withering Step is basically Phase Run, but lasts longer and cooldowns faster.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've seen some suggestions that you put Withering Step on your left click and basically don't think about it. I haven't tried that yet.

I also see him using Flame Dash quite a bit. I tried that out but decided not to do that unless I need to cross a gap/ledge/whatever. I quite dislike that Flame Dash and Withering Step share a cooldown. In addition to the obvious that using Flame Dash will put Withering Step on cooldown, it also means using Withering Step will eat a Flame Dash charge. I don't have a high CDR Flame Dash yet, so maybe it works better with that.

I do like that Flame Dashing through a pack will seem to hit them with Blade Vortex. I'm not really sure that's relevant as HoI should blow up a pack on contact. Just thought it cool to mention and counterintuitive since Flame Dash is a teleport skill.

Borzak

I have withering sap and I just cast it as I move into a pack. Probably 100% wrong but it's what I do. If nothing else I like the graphic haha.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have withering sap and I just cast it as I move into a pack. Probably 100% wrong but it's what I do. If nothing else I like the graphic haha.
Yes, that's what you usually do because you're actively using a skill to kill a pack. But if you're maintaining BV with Unleash(fuck using BV without Unleash), you're engaging a lot of packs "passively". As in, you're not actually using a skill to kill a pack, you're just running into them with your BV and HoI cascades through it.

With Unleash, you're ideally activating BV every ~3s. You can run through many packs in that time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
*sigh* faggots are price-fixing Void Batteries. It can't that build I posted, somayd isn't that popular. Anyone else know of a reason why they're sky-rocketing it price?

Borzak

First guess would always be Mathil effect, but seriously I have no idea or even what fit he's on now.