Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Was doing a rough accounting and this league I played several 30ex+ builds, but I’d flip one build into the next. Overall I think I still only made about 70ex. I want to push harder. Get richer earlier. Play builds that use 60ex helmets and shit.

I did a 20c and 10c quad tab with a high dollar tab. I moved shit as I got spammed and re-priced. I still undercut most sellers. I kept good bases I found and crafted good or better on them then flipped. Did a lot of fossil and essence crafting. Linked 28% qual unique chests. But really I got fucking lucky on watcher’s eyes too. I want to remove luck more.

Other money making tips? I’m on vacation during first week of league this time. I’ll be helping with the kid some to give the wife a break but I suspect I’ll have ridiculous amounts of playtime. I felt like not dropping my starter at t12 like I usually end up doing and finishing the atlas with her was huge.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I mean, everyone is gonna be on PoE2 to stream it and play through the new campaign initially

Then there will be comparisons for most effective way to reach the end game grind which is the same

So after people do the new campaign, it's gonna be which is the faster/easier way to farm Uber elder from there

I hope the new exiles are truly different options and the only way to get certain things available in end game

I think a lot can change and Chris & co have the right minds behind everything

Their tencent bux are being well spent as far as I can tell, as I had wondered what was going to be the big development reveal using all of it. The new campaign looks like awesome eye candy esp with the physics and it's challenging! I expect D4 to be a faceroll, so this makes me happy to see... challenge in a game before end game!

I hope the shadow gets some kind of necro/summon flavor ascendency or a hybrid in that kind of spirit. I always wanted that.

And hey! Speaking of things like that, skeletons are still in the game! Hope is alive!

There will be much less farming of UE, tbh.

Sadly, I want to buy a lot more shit, but I've stopped financially supporting GGG while tencent has such a large stake in their company. The money is being used nicely, but I still dislike greatly that situation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One thing I wonder if how the Ascendancy unlocks will go, like will you need to do uber lab to get the unlock, or will just normal lab do it? Will old Ascendancies be unlocked when you log in on a char with them on Standard or will you need to do the lab again to unlock them?

My line of thinking is I'd want to play Necro for the new campaign, but not sure if that means I'd have to fuck around on Standard first or if just logging in a Necro would unlock it. Alternatively I could play a minion based Ascendancy if there's one for the new stuff, but not sure they will have one. Thematically Witch is definitely the big one for them but there's already 2(well 1.5 I guess) in the current ones, so it'd be a bit weird to have yet another one. Maybe they'll split the golem focus out of Elementalist and make a new class for golems(and animated things?).

Just shower thoughts, ultimately if I have to play a spell based witch I'll play that it's fine too.

Caeden

What are you picking up to put in your quad tabs?
Mostly rares of good base type. Move ilvl up as league progresses. Jewels, some uniques but I apply the loot filter to those, div cards that don’t interest me.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
They seemed to say they would be interchangeable and I THINK I heard something like "You can play PoE 2 with a PoE 1 ascendency if you've already unlocked them in PoE 1". I am not sure what this means, but I suspect that has to do with competing certain achievements. I think they have been clear they want people to play PoE 2 and not PoE 1 so it would be rather goofy for them to require you go to back to PoE and fully unlock them. At the same time, I doubt they track your history of ascendency picks. The only real thing they track are achievements, so I suspect it's tied to them. Most specifically, killing Dominous as a X. That's fast to do in PoE 1, and completing that as a Marauder, for example, might unlock all the ascendencies for a Marauder, etc.

As for the PoE 2 unlocks, I am not sure. But I hope it's not something we're gonna have to root around with every fucking league. I don't mind having to do 4 stages of lab, but I do mind having to do all those fucking trials every league.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
One thing I wonder if how the Ascendancy unlocks will go, like will you need to do uber lab to get the unlock, or will just normal lab do it? Will old Ascendancies be unlocked when you log in on a char with them on Standard or will you need to do the lab again to unlock them?

My line of thinking is I'd want to play Necro for the new campaign, but not sure if that means I'd have to fuck around on Standard first or if just logging in a Necro would unlock it. Alternatively I could play a minion based Ascendancy if there's one for the new stuff, but not sure they will have one. Thematically Witch is definitely the big one for them but there's already 2(well 1.5 I guess) in the current ones, so it'd be a bit weird to have yet another one. Maybe they'll split the golem focus out of Elementalist and make a new class for golems(and animated things?).

Just shower thoughts, ultimately if I have to play a spell based witch I'll play that it's fine too.

I believe Johnathan said all accounts made before the change will have the original ascendencies unlocked.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Mostly rares of good base type. Move ilvl up as league progresses. Jewels, some uniques but I apply the loot filter to those, div cards that don’t interest me.
I was doing the opposite, pricing everything at 1ex and then knocking it down as tabs filled up. I'm not actually sure how much ex I sold, it doesn't take much to get even 37 challenges done, so it's all superfluous after 10s of ex.

I don't think any build except HH specific ones are enabled by that much currency.

Caeden

I was doing the opposite, pricing everything at 1ex and then knocking it down as tabs filled up. I'm not actually sure how much ex I sold, it doesn't take much to get even 37 challenges done, so it's all superfluous after 10s of ex.

I don't think any build except HH specific ones are enabled by that much currency.
Maybe I’ll try that. I know I kept a steady income going the way I went. They’d sit somewhat full. And I would sit in peak times and sell at a decent 100-200c/hour clip

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
As for the PoE 2 unlocks, I am not sure. But I hope it's not something we're gonna have to root around with every fucking league. I don't mind having to do 4 stages of lab, but I do mind having to do all those fucking trials every league.

For what it's worth, I feel like they've mentioned lab a lot lately and how it's in need of some upgrades so i doubt it will stay the same for poe2, not saying the annoyances will neccessarily be fewer but should be different atleast.

I believe Johnathan said all accounts made before the change will have the original ascendencies unlocked.

This is correct. They said every account made before poe2 comes out will be grandfathered in. Essentially, if they tried to check who has done what, they would get a lot of unfortunate false negatives cause of people deleting characters.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I’ll try that. I know I kept a steady income going the way I went. They’d sit somewhat full. And I would sit in peak times and sell at a decent 100-200c/hour clip
I think your method is better. Most of my tabs wouldn't sell, even when knocked them down to 25c. This is my first time trying this method, it needs some refinement. But even then, I had way more currency than I needed.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Also saw this yesterday.

PoE said:
Sextants are no longer applied to individual maps on your Atlas. Instead, sextants are applied to Watchstones and will affect whichever region that Watchstone is currently socketed into. This means that each region can be affected by up to four sextants at any one time. You will also have the ability to move Watchstones between regions freely. Additionally, sextant modifiers are no longer shared between one another. Instead, Apprentice, Journeyman and Master Cartographer's Sextants each have their own pool of modifiers that they can apply to maps. Naturally, the rarer the sextant, the higher quality of modifiers it can apply.

Caeden

I think your method is better. Most of my tabs wouldn't sell, even when knocked them down to 25c. This is my first time trying this method, it needs some refinement. But even then, I had way more currency than I needed.
It amazes me the shit people would pay 20c for. I know there were several pieces that I paid 5-10c for myself to wear and I would sell objectively worse rares for 20+c.

Caeden

Oh. Ballista plus toxic rain pathfinder. I’m really curious about ballistas because if they follow totem rules, which they almost assuredly will, I don’t see how sustain is going to work. So many bow builds heavily rely on leech.

Maybe I’ll do hybrid ballista toxic rain trickster to start. Though this is sounding stupid. You don’t really have to aim toxic rain as is. The rain of arrows could be a fun way to distribute poison or elemental damage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Ballistas? Ballistae?

Why Pathfinder for Toxic Rain?

Get your sustain from Indigon!
Flasks, poison prolif, hoag, and chaos dmg really. But I think a poison build would be better. I’m actually wondering if a crit based assassin poison build with ballistas would be cool.

Indigon is going to be fairly rare I think.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone have a full conversion TES set or something else on standard? I don't have any good gear sets on standard at all. I'm going to run my shaper sets and hope I get the hideout.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Flasks, poison prolif, hoag, and chaos dmg really. But I think a poison build would be better. I’m actually wondering if a crit based assassin poison build with ballistas would be cool.

Indigon is going to be fairly rare I think.
Toxic Rain doesn't do poison damage innately.

Good point about Indigon, might have to rethink doing mines + indigon.