Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just trying to add some chase gems. Meh.

Also - goddamnit multistrike. Multistrike is not fucking fun. It’s not. Stop it. Put the attack speed on base gems and quit making melee in your game a convoluted mess.

I’m convinced that Neon is the real lead dev at this point and somewhere a soldier or knight class touched him in his bad place as a kid.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Flasks, poison prolif, hoag, and chaos dmg really. But I think a poison build would be better. I’m actually wondering if a crit based assassin poison build with ballistas would be cool.

Indigon is going to be fairly rare I think.

Duration was good for ballistas. I did assassin using stuff like vaal haste and fire conversion. Long duration vaal haste is retarded. Cleared everything fine with Iron Commander bow / Dex.

I did this many, many seasons ago but fool with it in the current patched PoB and see what you come up with.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that sounds fucking stupid. They should roll some attack speed into every melee skill and make multistrike hit harder though. But don't need the 14 attack per second shit either, just need to be snappy even if you don't use a 1H 1.55s 25%aspeed roll weapon.

Caeden

Unfortunately, high attack speed is the only way melee has been able to keep up in the clearing arms ra...

No. Not this shit again.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd love to see attack speed come waaaaaaaay down, and just hit harder.

That sounds bad to me.
Theres no point in hitting a mob for 1 million damage if it only has 100k hp. Therefore inherently fast attack skills, unless you're specifically bossing with stuns/chills etc, are just better.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Theres no point in hitting a mob for 1 million damage if it only has 100k hp.

For slower attacks to be meaningful you'd want to tune damage and the pace of combat so you weren't one-shotting everything (not this game, obviously). In some other context I wouldn't mind seeing a mechanic where your CC effect chance scales with the size of the hit you deliver.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Isn't that how stun, chill, freeze, and shock effectively work right now?

Apparently so. I guess that shows what I know.

\pagecolor[RGB]{15,15,15} \color[RGB]{163,141,109} \text{ Stun chance } [%] = 200 \times {\text{Damage} \over \text{Defender's effective max life} }

Last edited:

Caeden

Can someone explain inspiration support and traps/mines? I’ve seen it in builds and I thought it didn’t work. However I’ve been trying it with a mine scion I’ve been dicking with after seeing it in a few builds and it’s working I guess? I’m getting stacks. I guess because I’m spending mana on the skill and...yeah. Mechanically makes zero sense to me really.

I guess the spell I’m using in the trap is getting buffed?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Can someone explain inspiration support and traps/mines? I’ve seen it in builds and I thought it didn’t work. However I’ve been trying it with a mine scion I’ve been dicking with after seeing it in a few builds and it’s working I guess? I’m getting stacks. I guess because I’m spending mana on the skill and...yeah. Mechanically makes zero sense to me really.

I guess the spell I’m using in the trap is getting buffed?

You gain % elemental dmg and crit per stack. If the mana cost is low enough it takes a while to hit the 800mana or w/e it is for the reset.

Caeden

You gain % elemental dmg and crit per stack. If the mana cost is low enough it takes a while to hit the 800mana or w/e it is for the reset.
Yeah. I get that. I was just confused by the wording that says mines/traps cannot gain inspiration stacks which implied to me that skills linked to blastfield mine, etc. would not gain stacks.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. I get that. I was just confused by the wording that says mines/traps cannot gain inspiration stacks which implied to me that skills linked to blastfield mine, etc. would not gain stacks.

Oh, sorry about that. That refers to all specific trap/mines. Skills supported by trap or mine supports get the benefit.

EDIT: that's what I recall from some reddit post. I took a quick look for it but I don't remember the thread name.

Last edited:

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Did not know if anyone saw this. Looks like some of the stones you can socket sections of the map with.

69qmkccnq9041.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user