Path of Exile

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
These are some of the nicest sets I've seen for a while, I'll probably end up getting some of these packs honestly

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I got another. They're really going all out. Another dark swarm pet. I got one earlier in the day. LOL.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Blight being core is fine. It actually fits better in that role than it did as a league. They also don’t need to nerf it legion style so it won’t feel like shit when it’s rolled in. I mean, they probably will but they don’t need to.
Well the big thing I'd say is oil going live means a bunch of nice stuff for amulet buffs, including the really nice Ancestral Call/2 anointment for melees. That shit's basically a 7L if you use a strike as your main attack, and until 4.0 it might be the best "melee fix" they'll have, besides making Cyclone not shit to play unless they do yet another buff pass on melee skills. That said I'm not sure how expensive that shit's gonna be when the oils will probably still drop mostly the garbage ones and it's only 10% spawns. Maybe if they don't nerf oil drops in blighted maps it'll be fine cause blighted maps gave a lot of oils but not sure the "100% to get an oil or a blighted map" is going to be an even split instead of 95% oils 5% maps, which would be just as bad as live pretty much, maybe even worse.

Overall the mechanic wasn't so bad, although it's nearly unplayable with a full party or on consoles(which is why blight isn't even going core on consoles for now), so I think it was worth adding to core.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Blight feels like it's been running forever, we need a new league.
Well yeah? That's why there's a new league in 2 weeks. It has ran like 1 more week than usual due to Exilecon I think. That's just how it is for every league unless they run temp leagues stuff during the tailend but they said they don't like doing that so not sure they will again unless a league is REALLY bad like Synthesis and Beastiary.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well here is hoping this next league is good. I bought some support stuff, as well as a unique tab (which I didn't think I would like but really helped unclutter my usual tab storage style) just before Blight dropped and I quit VERY early into this league. I need to get some $/hr payout for that investment.

I mean, you know, beyond the 1,000+ hours I already have on Steam, having only joined Steam in September 2017 and having apparently joined the game/website in 2011.

But I need to justify that purchase!!! ell - 0 - friggin - ell.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Well the big thing I'd say is oil going live means a bunch of nice stuff for amulet buffs, including the really nice Ancestral Call/2 anointment for melees. That shit's basically a 7L if you use a strike as your main attack, and until 4.0 it might be the best "melee fix" they'll have, besides making Cyclone not shit to play unless they do yet another buff pass on melee skills. That said I'm not sure how expensive that shit's gonna be when the oils will probably still drop mostly the garbage ones and it's only 10% spawns. Maybe if they don't nerf oil drops in blighted maps it'll be fine cause blighted maps gave a lot of oils but not sure the "100% to get an oil or a blighted map" is going to be an even split instead of 95% oils 5% maps, which would be just as bad as live pretty much, maybe even worse.

Overall the mechanic wasn't so bad, although it's nearly unplayable with a full party or on consoles(which is why blight isn't even going core on consoles for now), so I think it was worth adding to core.

I dumped my remaining currency into a lightning strike build and it’s pretty amazing. It’s probably reaching a little to call it a strike skill but it does need ancestral call.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I dumped my remaining currency into a lightning strike build and it’s pretty amazing. It’s probably reaching a little to call it a strike skill but it does need ancestral call.

I’m really interested in that skill and wild strike next league.

I’m still starting mines, minions or ballista.

I got really bored with wow retail with my buddy and went back to try another build. Doing scion ball lighting mines. Meh but my god does indigon-mom-green whatever army jewel and enduring mana flask need a nerf. I feel invincible.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Green army jewel?

You're still susceptible to one shots. I was thinking guardian zombies would be better overall but zombies are retarded at clearing.

And the mine playstyle isn't great honestly.

Caeden

Green army jewel?

You're still susceptible to one shots. I was thinking guardian zombies would be better overall but zombies are retarded at clearing.

And the mine playstyle isn't great honestly.
Militant faith to get The Agnostic. I'm terrible at names of shit.

I feel trap might be a better playstyle frankly. having to detonate sometimes gets on my nerves. Its up there with ED/Cont as being one of my least favorite so far.

The only part about guardian i don't like is the awkward transition to Low Life. I presume most do CI for a while until they get their shavs. Then you've got the part where getting the necessary colors on Shavs is fucking expensive for zombies.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't hate the tower defense of blight enough to wish it out of core for that reason but it just seems like such a powercreep for too low a cost to the player. Power creep for high end builds doesnt really matter cause you're already killing everything anyway but power creep for the low end really matter and i think it hurts the game.

Even with cheap oils you can get some good stuff. Even something generic like the following with a 93 oil "value/cost"

+100 to Accuracy Rating
15% increased Global Accuracy Rating
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
+20 to Dexterity

really lowers the gear check pressure alot. And you can get the perfect anointment for your needs, probably for cheap.

And now we're adding metamorph aswell which, if you ignore the crafting aspect of it, seems to do something similar (a few points of hp or resist whatever), so more power creep for the low end.

Thats my thoughts on why blight maybe shouldnt go core. The counter argument is that they say they're increasing HP of things and the new conquerers might be tuned really high so maybe it is fine. Find out in 2 weeks yay :D

dizzie

Triggered Happy
You just know people will be price fixing golden oils at 10ex or more next league. Just cause that's the way it's done in poe.

I feel trap might be a better playstyle frankly. having to detonate sometimes gets on my nerves. Its up there with ED/Cont as being one of my least favorite so far.

The only part about guardian i don't like is the awkward transition to Low Life. I presume most do CI for a while until they get their shavs. Then you've got the part where getting the necessary colors on Shavs is fucking expensive for zombies.

Do it with jewellers and link it yourself.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I’m really interested in that skill and wild strike next league.

I’m still starting mines, minions or ballista.

I got really bored with wow retail with my buddy and went back to try another build. Doing scion ball lighting mines. Meh but my god does indigon-mom-green whatever army jewel and enduring mana flask need a nerf. I feel invincible.

I'd like to start with it next league but it needs inpulsa and the synth unique gloves to really go. Probably do ground slam or something first then transition into it.

Caeden

I'd like to start with it next league but it needs inpulsa and the synth unique gloves to really go. Probably do ground slam or something first then transition into it.

The storm’s gift gloves? Did you do berserker with it?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The storm’s gift gloves? Did you do berserker with it?

Yeah, those. It explodes pretty much the entire screen. Went slayer because I was a bit tired of all the charge maintenance and it's 2-4.5m dps clear/single as it is anyway. I just got tired of dealing with rage all the time. Maybe gladiator next time for challenger charges since those are way less annoying than rage.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Baron zombies use geofris, not shavs.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
God dammit, man. I'd like to play this game but I'm getting absolute information overload on what to do for a beginner. Sure, I've found "beginner builds", but I can't find a clear step-by-step guide on what gear and gems to go for from the very start. Guides are loaded with broken English and acronyms so I don't know WTF is going on.

I mean, sure, I could create something random (which is what I did before) but eventually will hit a brick wall. So I want to create something viable from the start.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Took me 2 or 3 solid tries to get into it. You really just need to sit down and accept you have to read a bunch to learn all the systems.

Also knowing the third party resources like Path of Building and various sites.

While not a top tier build, I think Enki's Arc witch was the best written guide for a newbie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user