Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think you're confusing EA with BA, the new EA seems like it would be great with totems because new arrow hits don't refresh the bomb timer and it combines all arrow hits into 1 big ignite, so all totems can contribute. BA is shit with totems because the new ignite has 5 stacks max regardless of whether those stacks come from 1 player shooting arrows or 4 totems.
No. I just wasn’t clear.

Burning arrow ballista is bad due to the stacks. EA ballista good as you mentioned.

I also did a non-ballista BA chieftain build and it seemed pretty decent. That’s what I meant by straight up BA. I’m pretty sure deadeye is much better though.

Caliane

No. I just wasn’t clear.

Burning arrow ballista is bad due to the stacks. EA ballista good as you mentioned.

I also did a non-ballista BA chieftain build and it seemed pretty decent. That’s what I meant by straight up BA. I’m pretty sure deadeye is much better though.

nah. Chieftain looks beast for BA. probably the best.
This is a Chieftan build I was looking at, off the web, to get some ideas for my deadeye. 99% of the build is out of Deadeye reach, not including cheiftan specific stuff which is also crazy good. He had a 3.7 BA trickster and is swapping to cheiftan for 3.9.

Maloney's mechanism+ ensnaring arrow. I think this might be a solid option vs signal fire, and better then frenzy, if anyone wants to try it.
"ensnared enemies take 20% increased projectile damage from attack hits."

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have to move my PoE install. I had thrown a left over SSD from years and years ago in for no reason other than I had a few of them. PoE finally is breaking the 30gb install size lol.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maloneys is so good with curse on hit and frenzy it’s just usually expensive AF. The frenzy bonus has to be more than signal fire and has movement speed but I haven’t tested it.

See you guys in 2-3 weeks when I come up for air, GL with them league starts.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I have to move my PoE install. I had thrown a left over SSD from years and years ago in for no reason other than I had a few of them. PoE finally is breaking the 30gb install size lol.

That's all cached shaders and other temp bullshit. The games 19.9gb if you download it fresh from GGG. You can save your ini file and just download again or you can clean it up and delete the shaders folder and minimap etc.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thanks. I'll look into it. It's not really a big deal I have room on another SSD. For whatever reason I just stuck it and another one in one time. I still run Eve on the other one lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Does enemy takes increased projectile damage affect ignite or poison? I thought those damages were calculated from the base unmodified fire or phys/chaos damage.

Caeden

How is maloney’s even obtained? I know it’s rare as shit, but i thought it was synthesis only meaning Cameria and other like methods?

I’m oddly uninspired on builds. Nothing sounds fun to me on the bow side of things.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
How is maloney’s even obtained? I know it’s rare as shit, but i thought it was synthesis only meaning Cameria and other like methods?

I’m oddly uninspired on builds. Nothing sounds fun to me on the bow side of things.

Div cards, Zana map, Delve (time lost box) if you are lucky enough to see one deep.

This article explains drop restricted items and how you can obtain them, it's useful to know if you play regularly.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Still wish they'd provided some information on how rare the Shaper/Elder will be in this patch. Memory Vault is probably gonna cost a mirror on HC.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Still wish they'd provided some information on how rare the Shaper/Elder will be in this patch. Memory Vault is probably gonna cost a mirror on HC.

They did, I think. They said that Zana would possibly sell the maps if you're lucky, and I think I heard them mention they could be dropped as well. I believe when you kill an elder guardian, you'll get a fragment similar to shaper guardian kills. Then with the 4 fragment pieces, open up portals to elder fight.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
nah. Chieftain looks beast for BA. probably the best.
This is a Chieftan build I was looking at, off the web, to get some ideas for my deadeye. 99% of the build is out of Deadeye reach, not including cheiftan specific stuff which is also crazy good. He had a 3.7 BA trickster and is swapping to cheiftan for 3.9.

Maloney's mechanism+ ensnaring arrow. I think this might be a solid option vs signal fire, and better then frenzy, if anyone wants to try it.
"ensnared enemies take 20% increased projectile damage from attack hits."

Thats cool thanks for posting it, had some better pathing than i'd thought of myself.

Someone please explain to me what the idea behind gearing for lightning damage is? Is it because of stormfire ring or something else? You won't really have enough lightning damage to shock anything beefy i imagine so you just want it for shocking trash stuff for the 5% increase per shock?? I'm guessing the lighting damage isn't wasted and gets caclculated into your ignite total base damage because of "your lightning damage can ignite" but you couldve gotten gear with added fire damage instead so theres no great gain from this alone

Caliane

Does enemy takes increased projectile damage affect ignite or poison? I thought those damages were calculated from the base unmodified fire or phys/chaos damage.
seems not. that would explain why I'm not getting any decent deadeye numbers.

"deals fire damage on the base Fire damage of the skill".

Wiki says, "damage" "elemental damage" "fire damage", and the obvious..

but looking at PoB, "damage with bows" does not effect it.(every instance of damage with bows, does have a matching % damage over time)
projectile damage of ANY KIND does not effect. Can't say I particularly understand the logic. anything that effects the fire HIT, should effect it. but thats not the case it seems.
no farshot, no point blank, no ricochet "more projectile damage per chain".
attack damage does not. (onslaught raider)
"elemental damage with attack skills" does.
"increased physical damage" does. irongrip does not for some fucking reason. well I mean, "projectile physical damage" is why..

"reduced resist" does, "damage penetrates" does not.

Does crit effect it? PoB is showing ignite dps go up with crit chance, but not crit multi. (despite already being at 100% ignite)
so, crits do seem to apply at base crit value?
"critical strike multiplier with fire skills" bypasses, and does work...

Raider and pathfinder are both better then deadeye then. (neither are close to as good as Chieftan.)

Last edited:

Caeden

That seems odd. I would expect crits to give you a bigger ignite and all the things you mentioned would scale it. That’s why I though deadeye would win out.

Maybe an instance of PoB being a liar?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not going to pretend I fully understand ignite or poison calculations as both builds suffer from sustain issues, so I haven't fully invested myself into planning one out.

My PoB experiment, for the ensaring arrow case, would be to make a dummy Divine Ire character that uses Stormfire. Decreasing the lightning resistance on the target will increase the hit damage but not the ignite damage. I see that as similar to "projectile attack hit" but not the ignite.

You need Perfect Agony for regular crit multi to affect your dot multi. I checked your pob, I don't see crit chance affecting your ignite dps.

Caliane

Trickster and/or elementalist probably blatantly better then a ranger for BA/Explosive arrow as well it seems.

Caliane

I'm not going to pretend I fully understand ignite or poison calculations as both builds suffer from sustain issues, so I haven't fully invested myself into planning one out.

My PoB experiment, for the ensaring arrow case, would be to make a dummy Divine Ire character that uses Stormfire. Decreasing the lightning resistance on the target will increase the hit damage but not the ignite damage. I see that as similar to "projectile attack hit" but not the ignite.

You need Perfect Agony for regular crit multi to affect your dot multi. I checked your pob, I don't see crit chance affecting your ignite dps.
that chieftain guide I linked had Elemental overload. I was making my own ranger one, and could see crit % increasing ingnite dps.

in Calcs you can see it. In ignite, in "ignite dps", hover over it, and it will list "damage from non-crits", and "damage from crits' showing that crits do deal 150% base damage for ignite. Even without perfect agony. There is ONE "crit multiplier with fire skills" node above the SHadow, in the passive tree that will apply to crit multiplier for ignite even without perfect agony. Then of course perfect agony will apply crit multiplier outright.

It should also be noted Burning arrow is NOT updated in PoB. its the old 50% conversion, and without the "burning debuff" etc.
this will effect any build you make... but not favorably to ranger. only more to chieftan and elementalist.

atm, I have swapped over to elementalist BA. just took that previous chieftain build and 1:1 swapped starter nodes over... Elementalist has that 20% more ignite, ele reflect immunity, 2 golems, and .5% elemental leech. min shock/chill..

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm going to go with a necromancer/zombiemancer build. It's slightly off-meta, pretty mindless(I like using PoE to listen to podcasts and chill)and saw some nerfs. So, I'm hoping gear for the build won't be insanely priced and also relatively easy to come by since it won't be FOTM.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I do think summoner shit will still be more expensive than it was because it comes off after such a strong league and a lot of people who were like "eww summoners" after playing it the past league and seeing how it can melt bosses with no gear and pretty easy or how it clears pretty decently with spectres will feel like it's a good idea to use a summoner as a starter still. The nerfs are honestly not bad at all. The zombie nerfs I think are over the top IF you don't use a Baron build but with Baron builds the nerfs feel like fucking nothing really, the spectre nerf is the one I'm unsure about I haven't checked if they said when you get the next spectre after 25, is it still 31, is it scaled comparatively(so you basically can't get it anymore), not sure. Regardless should still be more than fine even with one less spectre. They nerfed movespeed a lot(so much that it makes Ravenous Horde even less appealing than it already was due to its shit position, funny it's the only minion node nerfed on the tree and one I'm sure most people didn't take other than via annointment) and hit Feeding Frenzy a bunch like expected, but I expected a bit more.

That said I don't expect crazy prices other than the top end stuff.