Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm going zombie/spec summoner with a Montregul's. Montregul's basically adds back everything they removed from Zombies, just at 1/2 the Zombie number, but with a more effective clear mechanic.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Last time I did SD Spectres with Phys to Lightning/Ele Army Skeles. I'll probably do that or Vortex Spectres. The more i've stared at bow builds the less I'm interested except maybe Ice shot. I figure Ice Shot is going to be the other meta skill. It can get pretty insane.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
BA Chieftan or HF Heiro here, will run the numbers tomorrow and pick one.

so i'm not a poe mechanic and won't be able to back this up myself, but earlier today mathil said chieftan BA was a big mistake a lot of people were about to make and it was going to be slow as fuck

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I do think summoner shit will still be more expensive than it was because it comes off after such a strong league and a lot of people who were like "eww summoners" after playing it the past league and seeing how it can melt bosses with no gear and pretty easy or how it clears pretty decently with spectres will feel like it's a good idea to use a summoner as a starter still. The nerfs are honestly not bad at all. The zombie nerfs I think are over the top IF you don't use a Baron build but with Baron builds the nerfs feel like fucking nothing really, the spectre nerf is the one I'm unsure about I haven't checked if they said when you get the next spectre after 25, is it still 31, is it scaled comparatively(so you basically can't get it anymore), not sure. Regardless should still be more than fine even with one less spectre. They nerfed movespeed a lot(so much that it makes Ravenous Horde even less appealing than it already was due to its shit position, funny it's the only minion node nerfed on the tree and one I'm sure most people didn't take other than via annointment) and hit Feeding Frenzy a bunch like expected, but I expected a bit more.

That said I don't expect crazy prices other than the top end stuff.

Looking at my build they got rid of elemental support (49% damage) and replaced it with a level 4 empower, which makes your specs level 87, as well as maintaining 5 of them.

I cannot see this being much of a nerf at all, so I'm with you.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can get 5 spectres easily as a necro without empower support. I bet 5 with full damage supports > 6 with gimpy empower support.

Caeden

And either will roflstomp the game.

21 gem, convoking +1, necro node, and boot craft gets you to 5 assuming a delve chest.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
What's the leveling route you specter bros are planning? Going zombies/skeles right away? Arc mines til 28?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to level with all the skills they just nerfed. Character is named "YouWannaFightAboutIt".

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Lightning Spire Trap might be replaced by Flamethrow Trap, but everything else still seems fine.

More seriously, leveling as a minion build seems fine.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Cant decide on arc witch or find some sorta ballista totem build with explosive arrow

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
so i'm not a poe mechanic and won't be able to back this up myself, but earlier today mathil said chieftan BA was a big mistake a lot of people were about to make and it was going to be slow as fuck

Mathils gonna Mathil though. It's not like he hasn't played a bunch of builds that would be unplayable for 90% of the players. Dudes good, but he's not a baseline for most people. In fact some of his builds have been outright terrible, he just forces them to work with skill and nice items.

GGG are actively trying to slow the speed meta down so most builds will be slower this league.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Spectres have been able to carry for like 8 leagues now and they got buffed through Necro Ascendancy last patch and are still stronger than any other previous iterations. Spectre's will easily carry anyone through any content.

The "spectres are so OP this league" made me laugh, because besides Frenzy support, they really didn't get much. And that wasn't even a damage thing, just a QoL thing.

Caeden

I go straight minions with maybe freezing pulse to help or OoS. Once I get spectres I think i grabbed a couple goatmen until i got some SD. Grabbed Vaal Skeles asap.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I haven't played in a few leagues, what's the big rework for this one so I can avoid that gear?