Path of Exile

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The league menu is always tmpstandard, tmphardcore and standard/hardcore, tmp for temporary, if you pick tmpstandard it should give you metamorph SC stuff.

omg thank you

guess im dumb :d

I really hate to complain about difficulty, but I do think dmg is a little silly now. I mean just tier 1 and 2 maps with max resists and over 3k life I still have well over 100 deaths so far. So many one and two shots its not funny. Maybe I just suck. I'm actually lowering my resists now just to squeeze out more dps until I can afford some better gear.

I had that and other issues just getting over that first hump into maps, not 100s though. Had no gear to earn currency and no currency to fix my gear.

I have a newfound appreciation of decoy totem. a few casts of it basically tanks the whole metamorph fight. Also delve is probably the best place to earn currency i find.
The league is "tmpstandard". I think that's how it always works.

Edit: nm, I actually won lol

View attachment 237827

i type too slowly, but thank you too :D

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I really hate to complain about difficulty, but I do think dmg is a little silly now. I mean just tier 1 and 2 maps with max resists and over 3k life I still have well over 100 deaths so far. So many one and two shots its not funny. Maybe I just suck. I'm actually lowering my resists now just to squeeze out more dps until I can afford some better gear.
3k life is pretty low. I started with 3k and I was dying a lot too cause terrible gear, spent 10-12c upgrading stuff to not great but better gear and ended up with 4k which made most stuff more bearable(I also focused on getting all my dmg passives first so I had low life% on the tree until I lvled a fair bit). Honestly basic gear shouldn't be too expensive even with just the currency you got from lvling, sell some jewellers, buy 70+ life items with at least one resist and open suffix or 2 resists and you should be fine. Or at least better. Metamorph shit is still rippy though, need either really high damage or to just not spawn the biggest metamorph possible everytime, the mods on it get pretty crazy. Also a few specific mob types are rippy as fuck so it helps once you identify them so you don't use the parts, or are extra careful when they get the form.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, some of the Metamorph shit can be pretty nuts. However, 3k life is pretty fucking low going into maps. I'm at 2.7k life and 634 life shield at level 66 with just SSF gear.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sirus 2, Korrupt 0

1576458253183.png

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
After seeing the Awakener fight () I instantly rerolled my comfy glas cannon to tanky boi. Some of the higher maps bosses were also kinda ugly with their new health pools.

Um, What the fuck. Seriously? I don't understand what is happening here lol. So taking damage before having to talk to someone, then a tiny bit of fighting then.....something?

What am I seeing here???

Dying too expanding, unavoidable bullshit? Clearly he was missing some information as well haha.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Um, What the fuck. Seriously? I don't understand what is happening here lol. So taking damage before having to talk to someone, then a tiny bit of fighting then.....something?

What am I seeing here???

Dying too expanding, unavoidable bullshit? Clearly he was missing some information as well haha.

Didn't look too complicated to me, I have no idea what the guy in the video was doing for 90% of it tho. He was just standing around the entire time. Maybe he was standing in corners talking to stream or something, I dunno, but that was horrible to watch. Ground of doom isn't exactly anything new, and i'm pretty sure he had so much of it because of the fact that he was just standing around for 7 of the 9 minutes.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Didn't look too complicated to me, I have no idea what the guy in the video was doing for 90% of it tho. He was just standing around the entire time. Maybe he was standing in corners talking to stream or something, I dunno, but that was horrible to watch. Ground of doom isn't exactly anything new, and i'm pretty sure he had so much of it because of the fact that he was just standing around for 7 of the 9 minutes.

Not too much informations but he goes invul a lot and goes crazy on you shortly after. Also the fight has some (maybe unintended) "do not log out or even die" mechanics, additional stuff spawns when you do that. Also yes, you get casually hit out of nowhere for 5k from orbit now and then.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Is this fight that's replacing uber elder as the end-game? I'm assuming it's core and not one of the league poopsockers anyways. The fire things move around and the zone is pretty big so i'm assuming you can navigate your way through them and most of the bosses moves look pretty telegraphed in that video. I tried rewatching it a few times to see how he was triggering the vulnerable phases but the couple things I was leaning towards don't seem to necessarily be right.

I'm sure the fight also has bugs, new content in this game always has bugs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm probably the only person to notice. I think they made doors on the minimap show up further away than they used to. The pyramid maps they now show up way before you get close to them.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not too much informations but he goes invul a lot and goes crazy on you shortly after. Also the fight has some (maybe unintended) "do not log out or even die" mechanics, additional stuff spawns when you do that. Also yes, you get casually hit out of nowhere for 5k from orbit now and then.

RIP most eva or mom...5k will rip a lot of those builds apart if truly unavoidable.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Shaper/Elder were massively buffed in this patch. In addition to the 10% resist buff, Shaper now has 67.9m HP, up from 18.9m HP before. Red Elder is 42.3m HP. Loot is extremely rare because nobody knows how to kill them anymore. No idea on uber Elder, if that's 5x the EHP it was before.....lol.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Swapped over to cobra lash after seeing it mentioned here. Running good so far after finally upgrading gear from starter legos i had in the stash. Was running a necro but got bored of the play style. The Plague skill is pretty freaking nuts for clearing out a tough pack or season boss.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Shaper/Elder were massively buffed in this patch. In addition to the 10% resist buff, Shaper now has 67.9m HP, up from 18.9m HP before. Red Elder is 42.3m HP. Loot is extremely rare because nobody knows how to kill them anymore. No idea on uber Elder, if that's 5x the EHP it was before.....lol.

I'm pretty sure most builds are doing 5x the dps they were when those fights came out so it should just put them back to around where they were originally. I don't think I've seen a Mathil build video for the past few leagues that didn't have at least a few million shaper dps and push phases on shaper/uber elder virtually instantly.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Swapped over to cobra lash after seeing it mentioned here. Running good so far after finally upgrading gear from starter legos i had in the stash. Was running a necro but got bored of the play style. The Plague skill is pretty freaking nuts for clearing out a tough pack or season boss.
How's the tankiness of that working out? I'm CI occultist vortex, so I can ignore chaos damage, but it's the chaos that seems to make the metamorph guys rippy.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
How's the tankiness of that working out? I'm CI occultist vortex, so I can ignore chaos damage, but it's the chaos that seems to make the metamorph guys rippy.
So far its not too bad but I'm still leveling so havent hit up any harder maps etc.. Currently I just time it and try and nuke it down with plague (bearer? cant remember name of skill) as much as possible until I see my health starting to fluctuate drastically then GTFO. Hopefully some numbers get tweaked although it is pretty hilarious watching streams rip on hardcore.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not sure if I am doing something wrong or what. Every video Ive watched on the new atlas does not match with what I am seeing. I killed some guy (Baran I think his name is) and got some kind of fragment (went in my fragment tab) but have not got the red map keystone yet. Did it go out of order or something?

Also..is it just me or are the breaches nasty as hell now? Ive not been able to do one without running like a little girl every time.

Caliane

So far its not too bad but I'm still leveling so havent hit up any harder maps etc.. Currently I just time it and try and nuke it down with plague (bearer? cant remember name of skill) as much as possible until I see my health starting to fluctuate drastically then GTFO. Hopefully some numbers get tweaked although it is pretty hilarious watching streams rip on hardcore.
yeah, plague bearer. I've dropped it out of my build atm. there was a period I was using it..
It is a very interesting skill.

I found it a bit annoying, in that it auto-ons entering new zones, and can't be turned off, without removing it. now this may sound good, but since it reduces your poison damage, until capped, any time you fight something right away, it hurts you.

and of course you need to get close to use it.
On my pathfinder, I find my dps is high enough, plague bearer is mostly just a waste of time. Don't even have the wither totem up and running yet.

• 1Like