Path of Exile

Janx

<Silver Donator>
yeah, plague bearer. I've dropped it out of my build atm. there was a period I was using it..
It is a very interesting skill.

I found it a bit annoying, in that it auto-ons entering new zones, and can't be turned off, without removing it. now this may sound good, but since it reduces your poison damage, until capped, any time you fight something right away, it hurts you.

and of course you need to get close to use it.
On my pathfinder, I find my dps is high enough, plague bearer is mostly just a waste of time. Don't even have the wither totem up and running yet.
Well shit no wonder sometimes it feels like my DPS is lower. I'll take it off when I get home and see how it plays. Swapping made me kind of sad since I recall all sorts of claws dropping on necro that would have been great =/ Didnt expect to try a "melee" build.

Caliane

yeah, plague bearer is really cool.

The mechanic is not super obvious, and worded weird.

but yeah. While "incubating" meaning charging up. it gives you 20% less poison damage. (and then stores 40% of your poison damage, on hit, towards the buff)
When you hit cap, your poison damage is back up to full value. or, when you activate the skill to "infect", where it then does 12% chaos damage over time, of the stored value when you start it, in an aoe around you.
This damage is not effected by spell/damage/etc modifiers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I need a suggestion now that 3.9 has been out of a bow build that is the following:

1. Cost no object, I'll farm for what I need. I'm good at that.
2. Prefer ranged, or placing ballistas.
3. Will have a headhunter to make for fast map clearing.
4. Monster at bosses with the same gear minus HH (though changing gems around for bosses is understandable)
5. All content capable.
6. Delve capable around 600 depth or so. Anything past that is just bonus.

Most of the builds posted are still starter, or cost in mind which is understandable. I'm already up to 18ex this league, and have a doctor card for the HH, so I'm pushing hard to farm whatever I need to build a monster bow build, just don't know what to play.

Suggestions/Ideas?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't say im perticularly fond of this new atlas system. Feels like theres extra steps and confusing things with trying to advance it against the conquerers. Even the map tab is a mess.

Maybe they'll fix it up some and maybe it gets better with experience i dunno but for right now it's kind of a bummer to me.

edit: just to annoy me more the loot is under the altar and i cant get to it. i hope i get the watchstone atleast from zana or something

edit2: i could so im good
cant get to it.png

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The new atlas isn't bad until you brick it. Kyth and I have managed to brick our atlases to the point of no progression. I spoke to GGG about it, they wanted screenshots and explanation, and seemed to be unaware this is a thing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well shit no wonder sometimes it feels like my DPS is lower. I'll take it off when I get home and see how it plays. Swapping made me kind of sad since I recall all sorts of claws dropping on necro that would have been great =/ Didnt expect to try a "melee" build.
Only reduces your DPS until it's fully charged, which if you're aoeing takes like 1 or 2 packs or so. Once it's charged your DPS is normal, and you can pop the button for additional aoe. I use it cause it's basically free damage whenever I fight a boss or want to clear spread out trash or whatever, just turn it on for a few secs, turn it off again and charge it up quickly.

It does suck on single target damage with no charge until your dmg is high though, like Izaro fights. That said since it reduces your poison by 20% but stores 40%, as long as you toggle it on and empty it before the boss dies it's still a net positive.

Can't say im perticularly fond of this new atlas system. Feels like theres extra steps and confusing things with trying to advance it against the conquerers. Even the map tab is a mess.

Maybe they'll fix it up some and maybe it gets better with experience i dunno but for right now it's kind of a bummer to me.

edit: just to annoy me more the loot is under the altar and i cant get to it. i hope i get the watchstone atleast from zana or something

edit2: i could so im good
View attachment 238025
You can loot the stuff using a movement skill to get into the altar. Whirling Blades, Cyclone, Phase Run work. Flame Dash didn't seem to work. Not too important for the watchstone but it's nice for the actual loot.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The new atlas isn't bad until you brick it. Kyth and I have managed to brick our atlases to the point of no progression. I spoke to GGG about it, they wanted screenshots and explanation, and seemed to be unaware this is a thing.

Lol how did you brick it

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Lol how did you brick it

Kyth and I both took watchstones out of the atlas after opening a map portal to that region. Once the influence triggers, it triggers in a state where the watchstones are not set. As such, the maps shown and available are not the maps you need to run. They don't drop either, and even the map stash tab itself doesn't show maps that the atlas does. Edit: You can do the reverse too, and put watchstones in after a map and then when influence appears, it "eats" the watchstones, leaving you with not enough.

Example:

1576543121803.png

This highlighted map is a tier 13 siege. However in my tier 13 map tab:

1576543154834.png

No siege.

There are several posts about this. I did come across this blurb:

But yep RaizQT told about some racer upgrading too quickly their region ans being a bit stuck like this, its apparently safer to slowly do all White ones then YEllow and so on, because it become harder to drop the higher tier map if some Conqueror momentarely take some of your socketed stones^^'.

But, with that said, I'm not sure how to do the influences on the inner regions.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't mind the changes but ggg is fucking themselves introducing new levels of complication into an already complex game. I don't really understand how anyone picks up this games and finds enough enjoyments to keep playing before giving up out of frustration.

I feel like they're making the fatal mistake of making the game for some hardcore nuttbutter streamers. I want a little challenge and some some, not this insane complexity. I don't even pick up items anymore, it's weird, there's really no point.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It's not really that bad once you learn it, but the accessibility for new players is too much. Their lack of tutorials or whatnot makes this just too damn complicated. It wasn't until lots of looking at it, and kyth's help that I finally figured out exactly how this whole atlas thing works. It makes perfect sense now, but it's nothing that couldn't have come with an in depth tutorial.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The HP and damage buffs are way too much in the early acts. It's one thing to make a hard game, it's a completely other thing when you make it a frustrating mess. People don't like dying over and over and over and there's plenty of other games that offer challenge without frustration.

There's literally zero enjoyment for someone new to it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Ya it took me about 6 deaths to get Act 5 Innocence down last night. But Kitava was easy and deathless. I'm already dreading map bosses.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It's not really that bad once you learn it, but the accessibility for new players is too much. Their lack of tutorials or whatnot makes this just too damn complicated. It wasn't until lots of looking at it, and kyth's help that I finally figured out exactly how this whole atlas thing works. It makes perfect sense now, but it's nothing that couldn't have come with an in depth tutorial.

I have played in about 4 leagues and know the game past beginner. I am one of the people they lose to complexity because every league I get really excited to roll up a character and then remember all the previous mechanics I will have to contend with plus a new league mechanic. Add in a brand new mapping system and I really just don't have the time or patience to do that plus fucking sift through builds to find one that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Cyclone - CoC(from Shaper weapon) - Desecrate - DD - Spirit Offering - Spell Cascade - Increased Crit Strikes

Someone tell me why this is dumb. I've been able to find absolutely nothing on the internet abusing Spirit Offering. Sure, there's lot of CoC - VD - Desecrate builds since they removed the cooldown last patch, but I can't find anything also utilizes the ultra high sustain from casting Spirit Offering. Obviously, I didn't think of some super cool idea, so what am I missing?

Also, in case the idea isn't stupid, I can't think of a way to boost corpse production. Spirit Offering will eat up 5 and DD(with Awakened Spell Cascade) will eat 5-10. Doedre's Tenure and Scold's Bridle is the best I could come up with, but even with a modicum of armor, it just can't keep up. It would also be nice to decouple corpse generation from hitting an enemy. Really wish there was a trigger weapon for fire like Cospri's Malice or Mjolner.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Cyclone - CoC(from Shaper weapon) - Desecrate - DD - Spirit Offering - Spell Cascade - Increased Crit Strikes

Someone tell me why this is dumb. I've been able to find absolutely nothing on the internet abusing Spirit Offering. Sure, there's lot of CoC - VD - Desecrate builds since they removed the cooldown last patch, but I can't find anything also utilizes the ultra high sustain from casting Spirit Offering. Obviously, I didn't think of some super cool idea, so what am I missing?

Also, in case the idea isn't stupid, I can't think of a way to boost corpse production. Spirit Offering will eat up 5 and DD(with Awakened Spell Cascade) will eat 5-10. Doedre's Tenure and Scold's Bridle is the best I could come up with, but even with a modicum of armor, it just can't keep up. It would also be nice to decouple corpse generation from hitting an enemy. Really wish there was a trigger weapon for fire like Cospri's Malice or Mjolner.
I'm pretty sure they removed the CoC mod from the shaper weapons (CwC too).
They should also be much harder to obtain since shaper influenced maps are much rarer.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty sure they removed the CoC mod from the shaper weapons (CwC too).
They should also be much harder to obtain since shaper influenced maps are much rarer.

I'm willing to bet they'll come down in price as more people get into their atlas and increase their awakened level. Either way, I was really disappointed the lack of "supported by" mods on the new influences.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user