Path of Exile

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Killed Sirus today and had to use totems as my pets were completely useless. What a fuckng shitfest, it took me loads of portals over the last few days to kill him. I don't want to play minions (boring) and the Hierophant is just a glass cannon at the end game as your options are very limited on defences playing one. The dps is fucking crazy using freezing pulse once you're pretty geared up.

Can you guys playing Vortex post a pob?

Something tanky and not minion to do the remainder of the atlas would be a godsend. I've got enough squirrelled away to get some nice stuff for the right build probably and vortex is great as i've played it a couple of times before.

Trickster Vortex/Cold Snap Low Life Lvl 92

There are quite a few ways to go a bit early game with the frenzy/power charge/DoT mini nodes route for a tad more damage but endgame you really want those ghost shrouds from the ascendancy. Once your gear gets a bit beefier you can start going for spell block above witch to get to the values that Korrupt is bringing in. I just 6 linked my shavs for like a 200k plus dps jump and I'm trying to 6link another shavs so I can double corrupt 1 of them and not get butt fucked. Running in a 5 link is totally doable, everything just takes a tad longer to kill with the weird ass rare/bosses. You pretty much just stand at bosses/delve and cast cold snap/vortex on you and wait for loot.

Currently running:

Flesh and stone - for perma blind to things around and you phys dam reduction
Malevolence - DoT damage (level 22 from prism guardian shield)
Zealotry - 15% more spell damage and 41 crit
Hatred - 19% more cold damage (lvl 22)
Discipline - (lvl 22)
Blasphemy with cold curse
Flame dash+arcane surge

with a little bit more gear work you could prolly fit in artic armor but cwdt + immortal call might have to be scrapped.

Make sure to grab 23 quality gems for the important ones and just flame dash into a group and press vortex. Everything just falls over and you have cold snap for the extra ones you might want to snipe. for Metas its lay down 3 vortexs, 1 cold snap and press vaal cold snap and it will die in about 2 seconds while you run around with AE cold RF and clean up the extras. I could use quite a few upgrades but as I sit now, I feel pretty good.

It took quite a while to figure out what I needed to leave me with like 75 mana to cast shit with all the auras you need. With some gear upgrades I would replace my annointed eye from mana/spell damage with the 8 spell block node.

The rime gaze is a tad tougher to replace. Ive been running a shit load of labs for something useful but it just hasnt happened yet. If I had an extra few hundred ex, it would be pretty easy but I really dont like trading and rather just farm for it and hope for the best.

A new wand would be sweet and a pretty big upgrade but im at the point where its a little pricy since ive been spending everything on fuses lately. A mirror drop would solve and create a lot more problems that I wouldnt mind.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Trickster Vortex/Cold Snap Low Life Lvl 92

There are quite a few ways to go a bit early game with the frenzy/power charge/DoT mini nodes route for a tad more damage but endgame you really want those ghost shrouds from the ascendancy. Once your gear gets a bit beefier you can start going for spell block above witch to get to the values that Korrupt is bringing in. I just 6 linked my shavs for like a 200k plus dps jump and I'm trying to 6link another shavs so I can double corrupt 1 of them and not get butt fucked. Running in a 5 link is totally doable, everything just takes a tad longer to kill with the weird ass rare/bosses. You pretty much just stand at bosses/delve and cast cold snap/vortex on you and wait for loot.

Currently running:

Flesh and stone - for perma blind to things around and you phys dam reduction
Malevolence - DoT damage (level 22 from prism guardian shield)
Zealotry - 15% more spell damage and 41 crit
Hatred - 19% more cold damage (lvl 22)
Discipline - (lvl 22)
Blasphemy with cold curse
Flame dash+arcane surge

with a little bit more gear work you could prolly fit in artic armor but cwdt + immortal call might have to be scrapped.

Make sure to grab 23 quality gems for the important ones and just flame dash into a group and press vortex. Everything just falls over and you have cold snap for the extra ones you might want to snipe. for Metas its lay down 3 vortexs, 1 cold snap and press vaal cold snap and it will die in about 2 seconds while you run around with AE cold RF and clean up the extras. I could use quite a few upgrades but as I sit now, I feel pretty good.

Cheers - will start something off hopefully this weekend. I played vortex/snap for synthesis league so got a fair idea of how to play it - love playing it cause it's a really mobile skill.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The good news is this came out about as good as I could ask for and is generic to plenty of various melee builds:

Capture.PNG

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Cheers - will start something off hopefully this weekend. I played vortex/snap for synthesis league so got a fair idea of how to play it - love playing it cause it's a really mobile skill.

Super mobile and super deadly. But those 23% quality gems are key. Buy a bunch of those and start leveling them when you start your guy.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the length it takes to spawn Sirus is the reason I put the game on hold until toward the end of the season, when I just need to finish up the last couple challenges. It took me 64 maps to spawn Sirus the second time and 59 the 3rd. It's insane.

ya it really is fucking stupid, in most leagues they let you just spooge out the mechanics and get to do the 'big' part of the mechanic like every hour or two, but after my initial poop sock i'm only playing a couple hours a day at most so the big league fight, which i'd like to learn and participate in, is like one a week. So fucking dumb - i'm essentially locked out of playing a key part of the league.

/rant

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Sirus isn't actually part of the league though, he's basically the replacement for Shaper. How many maps did you have to do on average to get a full set of Shaper fragments previously?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Sirus isn't actually part of the league though, he's basically the replacement for Shaper. How many maps did you have to do on average to get a full set of Shaper fragments previously?

4 maps per shaper set. 5-20 to spawn uber elder.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Well yeah, four T16s got you a Shaper. But you had to farm a lot more than those four maps in order to get the four T16 maps to drop.

Or use the currency that was gained during the time getting to that point. But, it never took 80 maps to get enough t16s to run 1 shaper.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well yeah, four T16s got you a Shaper. But you had to farm a lot more than those four maps in order to get the four T16 maps to drop.
Sure, it may have taken a bit of farming to get your first Shaper, which is fine. The issue is that for Sirus, it takes not only the initial PITA farm, but the same fucking level of farming for every attempt. There's no way to bypass it, speed it up, etc.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I could buy them, so five minutes? God you’re the worst.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I love GGG and their developers, but I think it was plainly obvious they wanted to juice the cost of endgame items a bunch, some of which are build enabling, and make the game take longer per league.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Warlord influence on chests is ridiculous. This isn't even a particularly good roll but these two warlord mods are basically godmode for even the juiciest of maps:

Capture.PNG

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have my first sinus available. Gonna try him spoiler free , but am worried what happens if I fail? Can I keep asking zana to open his citadel or do I have to clear guardians again?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Have my first sinus available. Gonna try him spoiler free , but am worried what happens if I fail? Can I keep asking zana to open his citadel or do I have to clear guardians again?

just gotta do another 30-400 maps to unlock him again

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
With what a giant PITA he is to respawn, I recommend watching as many vids on him as possible. Grim has a pretty good one.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Crafting CDR+Tailwind boots has been horrible. Each time I end up with 6 affixes and my annul hits one of the two good mods.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I wanna crusader slam this elder opal ring for spell dmg I got so bad but know it will fucking flop

Crafting CDR+Tailwind boots has been horrible. Each time I end up with 6 affixes and my annul hits one of the two good mods.

^ cuz of shit like this luck being my life on slams/regals

Slam it right into the fuckin garbage

Last edited: