Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
With the buff to life, first build I'd go with life based freeze pulser. Get iron reflexes combined with grace aura and the evasion circle in the middle for good armor w/o good gear. Spend the rest of your points on hp/crit etc.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Seems like a lot of wasted points on dex nodes to get to Iron Reflexes and the evasion circle. What is the recommended route and starting class?

Edit: Forgot scion was added, looks like it's not so bad if I go Scion

How does this look for a level ~65 build? Would you recommend going armor/evasion/+life very heavily early, or grab a couple of the crit and damage nodes too?

Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

And a little more end game:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Alright a ton of wasted points in your 65 build. First off, the 15% crit nodes are trash. They're not worth taking unless you have nothing else to take, and you have plenty left to take DPS wise. The crit damage nodes are also trash. Also why would you go through the accuracy nodes as a Scion when there's so many better nodes. Why would you go to IR using the longest way when there's a faster way next to it also giving access to a 18%life node.

Quick fix, using the same amount of points:

I actually removed some life nodes near the scion and on the way to IR, but I think it's about the same life total/better. If not, you can just grab more, it's a few points less. I removed a lot of inefficient stuff. Life still seems low to me as a HC player, but should be fine for SC(it's 149% with the points I put, can easily grab a ton more though without any filler).

What I think I'd go for endgame:

Elerion

N00b
Attack speed and accuracy does nothing for spells. Skip those nodes. I also have a feeling you're overvaluing crit early on. Crit, last time I looked at a crit build, doesn't become worth it until late game when you can stack a LOT of it with good crit gear. Leave those nodes for later.

If you're going to ask for help anyway, I'd just go check the PoE forums or one of the build sites for a basic freezing pulse build.

Are you going softcore or hardcore? If hardcore, be EXTREMELY careful with crit. Critting a reflect pack can be instant death.

Edit: Use Pyros' spec. That's good.

Khane

Thanks, been so long since I played this and the passive tree is A LOT different. Didn't really study it too long was just trying to come up with something decent. Pyros' tree has a lot less wasted points in it, though I'm curious why go to iron reflexes that way and skip the Leather and Steel node off to the left? is 24% Armor and Evasion rating not a big deal?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks, been so long since I played this and the passive tree is A LOT different. Didn't really study it too long was just trying to come up with something decent. Pyros' tree has a lot less wasted points in it, though I'm curious why go to iron reflexes that way and skip the Leather and Steel node off to the left? is 24% Armor and Evasion rating not a big deal?
It's not a big deal no, it's ok but not important. You could go left if you want, the health node is a lot stronger though. Also you do get some evasion+armor that you hadn't picked in your build. If you go for Leather and Steel, you have 4points of fillers to get to IR, if you go right side, only 2points of filler, plus one more for the big health node. You really don't need that much evasion/armor% anyway, and you already get tons from the double evasion big node that Scion has easy access to. But even that I wouldn't take until 60 ish if that, you'll get most of the armor you need from Grace alone without any evasion%.

I'm not sure where you see wasted points otherwise?

Khane

Well what I mean is unusable points, not really "wasted" (the dex nodes I have to get to get to Iron reflexes, your path takes 2 less of those nodes, etc). Wasn't trying to say you put wasted points in the build haha.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dex nodes aren't really wasted. You end up with 110dex in this build, you actually need 153 dex to run a max level Grace. If you use LMP or GMP(and you will as FP), you need about 110. Faster Projectiles the same. You will need very high dex if you want to use Evasion items, which you will because you have a lot of evasion % and not a lot of armor%, for example an Assassin's Garb chest requires 183dex to wear. Sure you could get dex on your gear, but having all your dex from passives is actually nice. It is however obviously the worst stats for an IR caster build since it does literally nothing other than reqs.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With Grace and IR on a caster build I'd favor EV/ES armor. Dex reqs on gear will always be less than the dex needed for L20 Grace. ES is always useful too, especially if you choose to go with EB.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reached Act 3 now, level 28, I think I'll play this for a while. Is this RR guild thing still going or was that from beta times?

axeman_sl

shitlord
Leather and Steel is amazing if you think you'll be wearing heavy armor. Armor and armor/ES chests give -8% movement speed and the other armor types give -4%. Same goes for shields. That one node can potentially give what amounts to +16% movespeed in addition to the tidy armor/evasion bonus.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
How many people are in the RR guild? Ive got 8 guildies playing and we formed our own but would rather join a larger crew doing maps etc if you guys are running.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Yea there seems to be two or more guilds right now. Oval Office, and Rerolled. Need to merge them.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems like were a 3rd guild, I can speak for my 8 guys that we'd love to join and grind maps with more people. I'll send Harfle or someone a tell later tonight.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'll jump online and get joined up over the upcoming holiday weekend. Haven't been on much the last week or two due to AC4, but I'll be back to playing PoE soon enough.

I pretty much exclusively play Nemesis