Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp - I guess I will do my usual and make a cyclone build to explore the new content. My desire to try new builds and effects has gone out the window, but I am still passingly interested in what GGG does with the game.

This league I killed a single Awakened 8 Sirus but got sick of trying to find the last pieces for Shaper. I could have bought it but ran out of interest before pulling the trigger on that. I mean, I ran a level 83 Syndicate something like 4 times but still didn't find all four Shaper pieces? Balance your game, ffs. My Atlas was something like 152/157 and 147/157 awakened so it is not like I didn't play a lot, but when I lost interest it happened overnight.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
As in, impossible to know how they will modify your passive tree without equipping it?

Yeah, that is frustrating. I only plan to buy a timeless jewel if it can offer a deterministic benefit. Like strength stacking builds, or a Keystone modification.
Yeah at least it looks like you won't need divines for them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Welp - I guess I will do my usual and make a cyclone build to explore the new content. My desire to try new builds and effects has gone out the window, but I am still passingly interested in what GGG does with the game.

This league I killed a single Awakened 8 Sirus but got sick of trying to find the last pieces for Shaper. I could have bought it but ran out of interest before pulling the trigger on that. I mean, I ran a level 83 Syndicate something like 4 times but still didn't find all four Shaper pieces? Balance your game, ffs. My Atlas was something like 152/157 and 147/157 awakened so it is not like I didn't play a lot, but when I lost interest it happened overnight.

LOL last league I played, granted a while ago, I got to like almost lv 80 before I got my last lab final piece. I hate the whole labyrinth system in this game, I wish they would remove it or at least rework it. It such a huge part of your build and yet you have to rely on RNG to get it?

dizzie

Triggered Happy

For shaper just save your Zana missions and run them in t15-T16 maps, she gives guardian maps about 50% of the time if you're running maps that high.

It's easier than it's ever been to spawn elder, shaper and uber elder.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also im heaqring that this league will be the cyclone league, can anyone explain why? Or is this s a meme for the poe insiders?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
For shaper just save your Zana missions and run them in t15-T16 maps, she gives guardian maps about 50% of the time if you're running maps that high.

It's easier than it's ever been to spawn elder, shaper and uber elder.

I feel like I got a lot of Shaper and Elder influenced options but I don't recall getting too many Guardian maps. I could be remembering incorrectly.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
RNG is baked into almost every facet of this game. What is notable about this specific system compared to the others that makes its RNG especially shitty?

No, you pick your skills without RNG, you pick your jewels without RNG, you pick your passives with no RNG, you also pick your ascendancy without RNG and go through 3 levels of them with absolutely no RNG involved, then you're at the mercy of the RNG for the last ascendancy which usually packs the most punch.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No, you pick your skills without RNG, you pick your jewels without RNG, you pick your passives with no RNG, you also pick your ascendancy without RNG and go through 3 levels of them with absolutely no RNG involved, then you're at the mercy of the RNG for the last ascendancy which usually packs the most punch.
This heavily depends on builds, a bunch of builds the last point isn't that good, or is actually trash(golementalist for example where there's basically nothing good for uber lab reward).

And unless you play SSF, it shouldn't matter really? Generally takes me 30mins to get my uber lab stuff on trade league, just join global #820 and join random groups, I generally tip a chaos to people who open this shit and get it done quickly and efficiently, then I sit on it for a while until I actually decide to clear it.

If you do play SSF, then don't play a build that relies on a full ascendancy, I'd say the large majority of builds actually can do just fine without it. Off the top of my head, Necro, Occultist, Elementalist(even non golem, although depends on the build), Trickster, Guardian, Pathfinder, Ranger, Champion, Jugg can all do well enough with just 3 labs, and out of the rest a bunch I just haven't played so I don't know if they can or not but can probably do fine.

Obviously getting the last lab helps a bunch, but that's the same as complaining that your build doesn't get strong until you drop a shav and go low life or drop a headhunter and saying builds are capped by RNG. That's kinda the whole point of the game, a lot of the endgame progression is RNG to get you to play over and over until you get lucky. Or you play a build that minimize the RNG(the usual "league starter" builds, which most of them don't actually rely on that last lab, or any fancy item, that's why they're league starters).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't treat uber lab as required character progression. If you don't want to hop on trade and get it done in 30 minutes(understandable, I don't do that anymore), it's a nice bonus you'll get eventually. Like your passive points post 90.

If uber lab "packs the most punch", that means you built your build wrong or you shouldn't league start with it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are we talking about lab ascendancy or enchant?
Uber lab access, the RNG of finding the trials. Enchant is a way worse layer of RNG but it was way less impact. Generally, a few skills get big boosts from these and that's definitely fucked up but best avoid them if you don't play trade league, it's not that many skills, and they were mostly nerfed.