Path of Exile

Caliane

Where do you see that minions still get buffed by FF?
feeding frenzy support kindof Double dipped.

Feeding frenzy support gives your minions a chance to give YOU feeding frenzy buff, and while YOU have Feeding frenzy buff the supported minion also gained 5-14% more damage.

The Feeding Frenzy BUFF itself gives YOU 10% more minion damage, 15% minion movement and 15% minion attack/cast speed. This buff is on you, and applies to all your minions.

The nerf removes the More damage applied to the supported skill. but the global buff from Feeding frenzy still applies to all minions.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Where do you see that minions still get buffed by FF?
Because they didn't say it was removed, so not sure why you'd assume it was removed. They removed the part that buffs the gem it's supporting directly, but didn't touch the part that generates the buff. They didn't list the aggressive behaviour remaining on it either, so unless they removed everything and the support does absolutely nothing, common sense dictate that things they haven't mentionned haven't changed.

The biggest change is the fossil crafting nerfs tbh. Shit like bow puncture builds just got way fucking harder to start with if you can't spam out a double bleed damage bow immediately etc.
Oh yeah that's a big nerf to the viability of some of these builds early, correct. Poison builds too, there's 7 suffixes added on an Elder base and most of them are garbage, so hitting that attack speed roll is a bunch harder. On top of that you need to find a good base to even start crafting. I probably wouldn't be able to do my viper strike build this league with this change, or at least not that early. I spent like 6-8ex buying fossils and shit crafting my weapons but I was reselling "bad" rolls to pay for the crafts so it didn't cost me anything, but now I'd probably need to pay like 1-2ex just for the base and then keep crafting it until I get something good because finding other bases would be a pain in the ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone think the attack totem buffs will make those builds worth a shit now? They seemed meh in 3.9...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone think the attack totem buffs will make those builds worth a shit now? They seemed meh in 3.9...
Ranged attack? The big life boost should help as when I checked streams a big downside seemed to be people summoning ballistas and them dying literally 1secs later, so it was like a shitty self cast since you had to constantly resummon. No idea if it's worth it though, I hate totems generally speaking so I don't bother with the builds that rely on them. I don't mind them in games like D3 where you play a character and get a turret/sentry/ballista as a temporary pet as a support, but as the main mechanic it's zzz.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone tried actual shock after the changes in 3.9 where they changed the scaling? As in trying to get big shocks and not just small ones for inpulsa or whatever. Is it worthwile on hard content such as 600% metamorphs or delirium?
3.9 notes on shock/chill
  • Shock and Chill calculations have been changed. In general, it is much easier to Shock and Chill monsters with low values of the ailment, but harder to reach high values of Shock and Chill. The formula used to calculate Shock and Chill magnitudes is now: 1/2*[Damage % of Ailment Threshold (see below) ]^0.4
  • We've added an Ailment Threshold to monsters. In the great majority of cases, the Ailment Threshold matches the monster's Maximum Life. It primarily differs for especially high-life monsters (such as The Shaper), where the threshold is reduced to allow ailments to be applied with hits that wouldn't ordinarily reach the required Life thresholds.
  • The minimum Shock and Chill value is now 5% (from 1%). To reach the minimum, you must deal 0.4% of a monster's Ailment Threshold with the associated element in a single hit. To inflict a 10% Chill you must deal 1.8% of a monster's Ailment Threshold with the associated element in a single hit. A 30% Chill requires a hit of 28% of the monster's Ailment Threshold.
So shock is fine or unneccesary even for normal map clear. And normal bosses have different ailment thresholds not associated with their hp so thats balanced.
But is it a waste of time and passive points etc trying to scale shock against the kind of 600% extra hp mobs we've seen in metamorph and will see in delirium too (double meta+delirium 1200% hp)? Or do they change the thresholds on those too?

Reason being:
Overshock
30% increased Lightning Damage
Your Shocks can increase Damage taken by up to a maximum of 60%
30% increased Effect of Shock

Seems strong but is 60% ever going to be achievable on the type of monsters you will actually want or need it? Especially with any of the common lightning skills which tend to hit faster but not very hard.
I do remember metamorphs being freeze immune but i don't remember if that was just a bug or a facet of their big healthpools.

Deathwing Deathwing So i have somewhat of a 3 step plan i think. 1. OoS/sb for leveling and the first while. 2. If i lack damage and still can't get the proper bv items then pledge of hands + frost bolt/ice nova. 3. BV, but i realized i minmum need/want a maraketh timeless jewel for the dex (and like 8 notables north of witch) so that will take a bit of time.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You could probably level with BV, I don't see why not. I was just suggesting alternatives because I cannot get into BV's playstyle. I hate maintaining those blades.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
i actually did a trial leveling run yesterday and just came to the realization i'm massively dex starved the way i do the passive tree. And oos sb was really smooth.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
i actually did a trial leveling run yesterday and just came to the realization i'm massively dex starved the way i do the passive tree. And oos sb was really smooth.
It's pretty common to be stat starved early. I almost always end up using a jade amulet for leveling(well when I play witch) and I grab the 30dex big node and sometimes even the 20dex notables in witch start/templar start even though they take 2points. I just respec that crap out later. Also there's a unique jewel as a quest reward that's like 20dex 6% all resist from act2, that shit's great just unlock a jewel socket early and drop it in there, helps 2 things at once(I grab it when I do the lab there, so generally not right away in act 2 and more once I'm around 35).

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I'm super out if the loop. But I was thinking of trying a newer version of the old skeleton mage build. I've always wanted to do it with a pledge of hands. And with the new gems it may be super cool. Or make my computer take a dump lol

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Impale Cyclone Champion? Have a good build guide for that?

Did anyone ever post a POB link? I may have missed it and there are a bunch out there online from previous leagues and I'm not sure how gear dependent some are. If someone has a good starter one they trust I'd appreciate it.

Last league was my first time and I didn't play launch day. When do servers typically come up / stay up? I asked the wife for the night off from the kiddo and having to wake up early the next day but don't want to waste the opportunity if all Friday is just hanging at the login screen.

Also if I could join whatever guild is going on that would be awesome - I imagine its helpful in the early going for things like Ascendancy trials in Maps.

• 1Like

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
looks like ele hit totem got a little buff. With the +2 arrows and other stuff. I am still a bit disappointed in how little love traps got. The new notables were meh at best. I am also really interested in seeing some new crazy builds with the new passive tree stuff people will come up with. (especially if they start throwing in some timeless jewel shenanigans to pull of some crazy things).

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did anyone ever post a POB link? I may have missed it and there are a bunch out there online from previous leagues and I'm not sure how gear dependent some are. If someone has a good starter one they trust I'd appreciate it.

Last league was my first time and I didn't play launch day. When do servers typically come up / stay up? I asked the wife for the night off from the kiddo and having to wake up early the next day but don't want to waste the opportunity if all Friday is just hanging at the login screen.

Also if I could join whatever guild is going on that would be awesome - I imagine its helpful in the early going for things like Ascendancy trials in Maps.

You have a countdown here, but you can usually join the queue like 30-60 minutes before. And the queue hasnt been too bad the last few leagues atleast, dont have to worry about a wow classic situation. There should be plenty of melee champ/glad guides coming out on youtube before league start. Zizaran usually does good guides afaik, usually well made and easy to understand.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

Didn't get a link but there are several guides.

Currently, though, they all rely on the -15 Mana cost body armor enchant to really go and I'm interested to see how the guides change with the nerf to fossil crafting.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Cyclone does not need -15 mana cost chests. You can negate cyclone's mana cost with a couple ring enchants. You might need the amulet enchant too.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For cyclone, I think you need all three - mana enchants if you want it totally free.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That seems overkill to me, but I guess if you never ever want to stop cycloning it works. Last season I think I played with no -mana cost gear, just picked up a % mana on hit passive (or maybe on a piece of gear?) and was just fine using leap to get around. If for whatever reason I got low on mana, leap would restore enough to cyclone and would hit full in a second (or less).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The advantage of actual 0 manacost is reserving 100% of your mana for auras. It's not required, but is definitely optimal.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For cyclone, I think you need all three - mana enchants if you want it totally free.
Depends on the build, but cyclone base cost is so low even with 5supports you generally only hit 6-8mana cost(obviously that's channel cost so it sucks that mana faster). At that rate, you need 2 to 3 jewelry reduction. Standard impale setup is impale, melee phys, intensity, fortify, brutality and that makes it 8mana. If you use 2 enchants for -3 each, it makes it 2, which is supportable with some mana leech or by taking one of the 2mana per hit nodes in duellist and duellist/ranger areas. Or you can run 3 mods then you have -9 anyway. Alira or a low lvl clarity can also help with the cost if you don't have too much reserved.

Ultimately you'll probably want to get a -15 chest so you have total freedom over the other slots, but it shouldn't be that bad to sustain early on if you use temporary measures(the mana on hit nodes are especially good for that, only cost 2 points for the duellist one and you can respec out of that way later).

Also
Basically will copy your standard non remove-only tab setup to the league when it starts, so you can work on preparing that shit so you don't have to at league start. Personally it was a minor issue for me I just right clicked a quad tab and a currency tab and just started leveling like that, don't really need the fancy tabs until maps.

Last edited:
  • 1Like