Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hollow Palm is like 9 figure DPS utterly nuts. With 2000 DEX, it's like dual wielding two 4000 pDPS weapons and then getting 60% more attack speed on top of it. You'll have like 4000 life as a melee build though, so have fun with that.
Not sure how feasible it is to get 2000dex without gloves or weapons though. That said you probably won't need that much. Also have to remember you can't scale crit much/at all(you need rigwald's talisman to get crit, so that means no annoint and that obviously eats your amulet slot which is a huge dex loss so not sure how viable) and the attack speed is balanced by the fact "fists" are 1.2 base speed and you don't get any local speed modifiers like weapons do. You get dual wield boosts on top though(20% more phys dmg, 10% more speed and 15% block) and the dual wield nodes are actually very good unlike what you can use with facebreaker which is very limited. You could even raise your block via the nodes and get to like ~25% block, adding a fair layer of defenses.

It's gonna be interesting I think, the main downside is just like facebreaker, there's just not many skills to use. Cyclone impale is probably going to be your best bet for such a build though, you can make some real shit with that and the raw damage you get out of this, and the aoe of cyclone helps a bit with the otherwise atrocious melee range.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Not sure how feasible it is to get 2000dex without gloves or weapons though. That said you probably won't need that much. Also have to remember you can't scale crit much/at all(you need rigwald's talisman to get crit, so that means no annoint and that obviously eats your amulet slot which is a huge dex loss so not sure how viable) and the attack speed is balanced by the fact "fists" are 1.2 base speed and you don't get any local speed modifiers like weapons do. You get dual wield boosts on top though(20% more phys dmg, 10% more speed and 15% block) and the dual wield nodes are actually very good unlike what you can use with facebreaker which is very limited. You could even raise your block via the nodes and get to like ~25% block, adding a fair layer of defenses.

It's gonna be interesting I think, the main downside is just like facebreaker, there's just not many skills to use. Cyclone impale is probably going to be your best bet for such a build though, you can make some real shit with that and the raw damage you get out of this, and the aoe of cyclone helps a bit with the otherwise atrocious melee range.

2000 DEX isn't that hard, remember that Brawn exists and a DEX build basically doesn't need INT so you can stack them up. I'd go for scaling poison not crit, Hollow Palm adds base damage which scales it so you'll easily outperform impale with very little point investment.

I still think the build will be miserable though, 4000 hp melee, even if you one shot everything you're not offscreening and in high maps every misclick means instant death.

Caliane

I suppose I'll be looking at wander/spellslinger.

League Jewel mechanic does not interest me at all. crazy bloat.
I feel like 90-95% of my passive allocation is pathing to, or grabbing life/defense. Which makes the passive point cost of most/all these gems very questionable. better be DAMN good.

But then you are also facing RNG, acquisition. SSF good luck getting the ones you want. Even on the marketplace, whats the cost of good ones going to be? How many Exalts is Hallow palm going to be?

I'm pretty sure the time investment needed to make something out of this mechanic is well outside what I have.

thoughts on spellslinger. Occultist? tri-Curse on hit wand attack power siphon? what spell? ED? Or, necro? Unearth combo? spirtual aid "damage" buffing wand attack, spell damage, detonate dead secondary damage, and minion damage might be something..

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You can put smalls directly on the tree too it says so on the page. "Small cluster jewels can be placed in sockets created by Large or Medium jewels and sockets on the outermost parts of the passive skill tree. "

And the idea is you get more than just one good thing so it's worth taking the points there.

I have a bad case of 'didn't read the whole thing lol' these last few days.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I hadn't figured out what was in the game already, and they expand it with 280 new ones. I'm doomed

I know most of these won't be worth the traveling nodes to get there, but damn if I don't feel like a kid in a toy store. I want to use all of them and then some.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The way i look at it.
You can either spend 5ish points to get to the good stuff when you move between say witch to either templar or shadow. And then 1 or 2 travel nodes for every valuable passive cluster once you're there. Alltough these travel nodes atleast give you some attributes which can be meh or great depending on your circumstances.
Or you can spend 3 points to get started on your jewel passive tree and then 1 travel node between notables/jewel sockets as long as you roll it optimally with the least amount of passive nodes on your jewel and the most notables. This picture for example has 9 notables and 14 travel (could be 13 i think if the top right small node had rolled better) nodes of which 4 are jewels and do nothing but in effect its 1.5 travel nodes for each notable.

I think with investment/luck its easily going to be bis, alot of these notables are just crazy good. Alltough it gets harder to justify the 3 point initial investment if you don't budget 20+ passive points and just start of your tree with a medium or small jewel. Atleast i'd think so.

Jewels.png

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Supposedly these are leaked patch notes from chinese PoE. Focused mostly on the minion nerfs.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Strange that they chose to focus on minions but skipped the Necromancer changes.
Maybe Bex was just trolling.

Kinda disappointed with the maximum number of AW minions, wish it was 20-25.
Feeding Frenzy now relegated to a support gem for a support type minion I guess...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm not sure how reliable can the chinese "leak" be when the only reason they haven't released the notes yet is they're still writing them. Do they have a guy in the office writing them in chinese in parallel instead of just translating the english notes once they're done? Just doesn't make much sense. Not that the notes are crazy or anything it's more or less expected shit so wouldn't be surprised if it was correct.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm guessing they get a rough draft to translators early so that when final notes are released, the translators only have a bit more work to do.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, Chinese PoE has pay2win microtransactions, so I wouldn't trust a damn thing in their patch notes.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Changes looks good. I disagree with

Feeding Frenzy Support
  • Now gives minions from supported skills 25% chance to grant Feeding Frenzy to you on hit at gem level 1, up to 44% at gem level 20 (previously 25% at all gem levels).
  • No longer causes minions from supported skills to deal more damage while you have Feeding Frenzy.
It's still a required gem for the AI changes, but it's going to feel shitty using it.

• The "Enduring" modifier on mana flasks now has 30% reduced duration (from 25%) and now also has 30% reduced Amount Recovered. Flasks with this modifier are no longer queued while a stronger effect is active. Instead, the duration will continue to expire with no effect until the stronger flask effect ends or the Enduring flask's duration expires completely.
Does this mean you can't stack minutes of your mana flask anymore?

Caliane

animate weapon can animate bladefall/ethereal knives. oooooooh I had missed that, if they said it before.. that sounds interesting to play with.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Hey we nerfed every single incursion mod at least in half just in time to drop a shitload more of them!