Path of Exile

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yea, both the watermelons and piles, I avoid the ones that spawn the explody mobs. There are simply no Delirium mobs past a certain distance. It could also be that I only run the event after clearing the map / missions.
I've had that happen a couple times where there's just nothing but I have no idea why.

They posted a dev update and that was one of the things in it.

"(At the time of publishing, we just found an issue where in many areas, Delirium monsters and spawners do not appear when extremely deep in the mist)."

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yea, both the watermelons and piles, I avoid the ones that spawn the explody mobs. There are simply no Delirium mobs past a certain distance. It could also be that I only run the event after clearing the map / missions.
oh yeah dude, definitely do not trigger the mirror after you clear the map. the map mobs are what drive up the reward bar way more than the delirium mobs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1584529687795.png

Gain 10% of wand damage as extra chaos damage, applied to everything or applied to the wand?

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The rewards for the deliriums are really hit or miss. Prophecy are ok, maps are ok with currency being the best for me so far (good number of alchs, and even one ex) with incubators and fossils close behind. Unique are kinda hit or miss. The Armor, Weapon and amulet ones are terrible (have even had one or two 'loot explosions" I did not even realize went off). I usually am getting about up to rank 4 fairly consistently and an occasional 5 if its not an indoor map. (doors > me trying to go fast) Keep in mind I am still only on white maps around tier 4.

Also.. make sure your loot filters are up to date. Mine were one version behind and still showing delirium splinters as the same as wisdom scrolls.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are they going low life with the ivory tower? It just felt odd to me in my theorycrafting before league. Cause you're basically losing out on mom if you do LL. And you use thousands of mana in 1 cast so if you mistime it you might have an actual mana+life pool smaller than 3k or something right before a chaos hit whereas if you're not LL you still allways have 4-5k life atleast.

Basically i wasn't thrilled about it but i'd be interested in a pob if you have one.
No PoB yet(at work), but I theorycrafted an almost-starter set yesterday that had 3M DPS per brand. I made some poor assumptions in that Cloak of Defiance and Fevered Mind are not starter items, so I'm going back to the drawing board tonight to fix those. Also, having to use base version of PoB...it's missing quite a few features. I'm going to see if I can port the Archmage changes into the fork.

On that note, what "stages" of a build do people usually plan? I'm considering doing:

Absolute starter, character level ~75, no gear costs more than ~5c, standard boss, and you can tick potions and vaal cooldowns. Target dps is 2M.
Reasonable endgame, character level ~95, most gear costs no more than 1-2 exalts, shaper boss, and you cannot tick offensive potions and vaal cooldowns of any kind. Target dps is 10M.
Transition endgame. Same restrictions and target as previous, but if your build supports going CI or LL, this is *usually* more expensive.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Trickster's nodes work really well with arch mage:

1584553319448.png

1584553453841.png

and using this as a mana battery / proc machine for Orb of storms in cohesion with the Weave The Arcane's 10% mana recovery passive:

1584553333114.png

makes mana a non issue at all.
My archmage build is only lvl 40ish atm but its still very silly with the synergy between tempest shield, orb of storms (with archmage) and arc (with archmage).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That guy died on a white map. I get the synergies, he just did a terrible job of showcasing them.

I guess if you're going OoS, Trickster might make more sense than Hierophant.

How does Arc fit into this though?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Unleash and Archmage seem to go with each other well with Arc so it instantly clears a screen

Like im sure theres better but this is fun so far lol

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oh yeah dude, definitely do not trigger the mirror after you clear the map. the map mobs are what drive up the reward bar way more than the delirium mobs.
Right, but on an empty map, the Delirium mobs stop spawning at all after a certain distance. There are usually enough of them to hit rank 2 easily, but then... nothing.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unleash and Archmage seem to go with each other well with Arc so it instantly clears a screen

Like im sure theres better but this is fun so far lol
Throw in a Spell Echo for 1 additional cast, if I read the descriptions correctly. It would be like Arc+Unleash Seal (3 casts?) + the Echo (+1)? Or would it be something like:
Arc (1) + Unleash Seals (+3 max) + Arc Spell Echo (+1) per use of the Arc skill? Would this cause Archmage to proc on each cast?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
from what i saw people seem to go brand/oos or arc/oos? maybe im mistaken but it seems most are running OoS regardless

thats probably a lie, but brand sounds really good too. i'd be more annoyed by having to constantly brand recall though lol

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
No PoB yet(at work), but I theorycrafted an almost-starter set yesterday that had 3M DPS per brand. I made some poor assumptions in that Cloak of Defiance and Fevered Mind are not starter items, so I'm going back to the drawing board tonight to fix those. Also, having to use base version of PoB...it's missing quite a few features. I'm going to see if I can port the Archmage changes into the fork.

On that note, what "stages" of a build do people usually plan? I'm considering doing:

Absolute starter, character level ~75, no gear costs more than ~5c, standard boss, and you can tick potions and vaal cooldowns. Target dps is 2M.
Reasonable endgame, character level ~95, most gear costs no more than 1-2 exalts, shaper boss, and you cannot tick offensive potions and vaal cooldowns of any kind. Target dps is 10M.
Transition endgame. Same restrictions and target as previous, but if your build supports going CI or LL, this is *usually* more expensive.

If you can get that kind of dps please show me when you can.

Granted my gear isnt the greatest, i feel like i need to get more dps. Its not terrible, but from what pob tells me its only, depending on wave of conviction, cooldowns and pots, 700k-1.5 million / brand on shaper. I use asenath gloves for explosions so like 15% more with conductivity if i swapped gloves (lower curse effect on bosses). Alltough theres some stuff that Pob doesnt count, for example sign of purpose 10% / brand extra taken.

In the interest of having an easier time i went Ele overload, but even with EO, which takes 1 passive point, it's already quite of a juggle on both gear and in the passive tree trying to find enough mana, life and damage.
I havent looked too much into how i'd do it if i swapped to crits, but would probably take 10-15 passive points atleast which would have to be cut elsewhere. But other than crits i'm kind of short on ideas to get drastically better dps, I have so much generic increased already the only thing with some effect is penetration and a few places i can get "increased taken" damage and culling strikes.

I don't think hiero is definetly the be all end all of storm brand archmages. In fact if i went crit i'd probably respec to inquisitor atleast. The defining thing about Hiero, maybe surprisingly? You get the cooldown reduction on brand recall which might just be the greatest thing about the whole ascendancy for archmage specifically. And compared to inq atleast, is that you actually can go non-crit, doing that on inq is just a waste.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you can get that kind of dps please show me when you can.

Granted my gear isnt the greatest, i feel like i need to get more dps. Its not terrible, but from what pob tells me its only, depending on wave of conviction, cooldowns and pots, 700k-1.5 million / brand on shaper. I use asenath gloves for explosions so like 15% more with conductivity if i swapped gloves (lower curse effect on bosses). Alltough theres some stuff that Pob doesnt count, for example sign of purpose 10% / brand extra taken.

In the interest of having an easier time i went Ele overload, but even with EO, which takes 1 passive point, it's already quite of a juggle on both gear and in the passive tree trying to find enough mana, life and damage.
I havent looked too much into how i'd do it if i swapped to crits, but would probably take 10-15 passive points atleast which would have to be cut elsewhere. But other than crits i'm kind of short on ideas to get drastically better dps, I have so much generic increased already the only thing with some effect is penetration and a few places i can get "increased taken" damage and culling strikes.

I don't think hiero is definetly the be all end all of storm brand archmages. In fact if i went crit i'd probably respec to inquisitor atleast. The defining thing about Hiero, maybe surprisingly? You get the cooldown reduction on brand recall which might just be the greatest thing about the whole ascendancy for archmage specifically. And compared to inq atleast, is that you actually can go non-crit, doing that on inq is just a waste.
Crit is your answer, unfortunately. EO just doesn't hold a candle to it. There's too many easy non-passive sources of crit chance and crit damage, like a Diamond Flask, to not consider going crit if your build can. Poisons and Ignites are about the only places where crit doesn't seem worth the investment.

Got a character I can plug into PoB tonight?

I would say Asenath's is not worth it since this build doesn't do much to scale secondary physical damage.

Inquisitor might be higher damage but you'd lose a fair chunk of max mana and regen.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
i can as soon as POB doesnt give me error 520 when i try to retrieve my character list.

Id be hesitant about having no explosions to help with clear. And asenath seemed like the best option for that.