Path of Exile

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As a garbage can that has watched a few videos and read a few threads it's not had any impact all on my adventures in the land of being terrible.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Andl there was a very upvote reddit post a few days ago where some dude banked on this "shocking exploit" via yt video so yeah, everyone knows about it. Look at the prices of the involved clusters and items.

question to the POE gods: why do these folks seek that one shaper amulet "solstice something" like the devil a soul? That gives just a mana free temp chains, what's the big deal?
The "buff" it gives you, Shaper's Presence, is an aura. Not that big a deal unless you're stacking buffs.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
As a garbage can that has watched a few videos and read a few threads it's not had any impact all on my adventures in the land of being terrible.
Sure it does, it lessens the value of your farming time. They're pumping tons of currency into the economy because they can handle fully juiced T16s. Maps that a nearly optimized group had to drop down to T7 to fully juice, herald stacking can handle blindfolded once the HH buffs start stacking.

GGG's best publicity is to nerf this immediately. As Kiroy said, it cheapens the product. I'm certainly not buying anymore supporter packs for a while.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sure it does, it lessens the value of your farming time. They're pumping tons of currency into the economy because they can handle fully juiced T16s. Maps that a nearly optimized group had to drop down to T7 to fully juice, herald stacking can handle blindfolded once the HH buffs start stacking.

GGG's best publicity is to nerf this immediately. As Kiroy said, it cheapens the product. I'm certainly not buying anymore supporter packs for a while.

Naw, really. It doesn't have anything to do with me. What is or is not the proper thing to do for game health is an entirely different issue versus what it means to garbage cans.

What percentage of the player base is even aware of these broken builds?

Unless PoE is a massive outlier you've gotta figure 50-70% of the player base minimum would embarrass the posters here to be seen in the same room with.

Again, I'm not taking any position on balance and it would be absurd for me to but there's gotta be a huge hunk of the player base with just no clue.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
maybe it's just a brilliant ploy to distract from how the trade api somehow gets 3x shittier every league

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Sounds like a good time to wrap up maybe 24 challenges then go back to grim dawn.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It's polarized the player base, most people seem to think this build is unacceptable. It will wreck the economy for everyone not playing it and that in turn will make them quit. I don't see that they have much choice except to nerf it. You can't honestly be playing this build and expect it to be left in its current state.

Who knows what they will do but the economy is going to go down the shitter in the meantime.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
People still vastly overestimate the impact, because the usual argument turns towards trade and the value of their time. That's a hardcore argument to begin with, so we are already talking about a small cut of the player base.

People might leave the league early, but for the average shitbuild user that's because Delirium is unfun for those mediocre builds/players, not someone else farming too efficiently and raising the prices on things they were not aware of in the first place.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I mean, if you keep your head in the sand and don't give a shit about what anyone else but you is doing, then yeah - you're not going to care that there is grossly overpowered shit in the game crashing the economy.

This is true of all multiplayer games.

But that doesn't mean the devs should just throw their hands up and not try to balance game-breaking shit at all.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean, if you keep your head in the sand and don't give a shit about what anyone else but you is doing, then yeah - you're not going to care that there is grossly overpowered shit in the game crashing the economy.

But that doesn't mean the devs should just throw their hands up and not try to balance game-breaking shit at all.
The problem is they took way too long already. Nerfing the 50-80ex builds people invested in is 100% sure to get these people to quit. Not nerfing them is 100% sure to get some other people to quit. It's like not even a month in the league(or maybe it's a month I'm not sure), so that's gonna look ugly regardless of what they go with. They should have nerfed that shit right away when it started popping up. It also exposes a bunch of issues with many non actual aura buffs being tagged as auras for whatever reason(and it got them to fix the shit where enemy auras applying to you were affected by your aura modifiers, making some shit completely fucking broken like poison clouds).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Fixing the bugs associated with this build is big fuck you to people who can't afford it. Just like nerfing emblem encounters for HH. Just like keeping HH in the game as a "chase item" despite costing 50-150 ex per league.

I guarantee Simulacrum was designed around HH. Pick up your loot while your HH buffs expire. But now they last 4x longer due to herald stacking, so even that countermeasure failed.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

Oh I'm sure this will get nuked from orbit between leagues. I just doubt that GGG sees a big incentive to do it earlier with mid-league nerfs. Especially not after saying they won't. Reddit be fuming, but when is it not?

The bottom 70% of players don't even know, the 70-85% range know but don't aspire to compete and just play their chosen, average builds (I'm here), and the top 5% are using and profiting off it. That leaves the kinda hardcore 10% of players hanging dry and either having to live with the knowledge that their builds are not nearly as good as the broken hotness, or switching over.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing to see here, economy is fine. Shaper, elder and sirus are still difficult and only 5% of the player base can afk kill them back to back.
crashed economy.jpg

Caeden

I priced out this build and even without HH, it’s pretty fucking expensive to get going. I hate the shit like this in game.

On the plus side, if you like to “just play different builds” here’s the league to do it I guess.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I priced out this build and even without HH, it’s pretty fucking expensive to get going. I hate the shit like this in game.

On the plus side, if you like to “just play different builds” here’s the league to do it I guess.

you can half ass it and it will still make your current build better than spending 200ex last league on optimization would be

Caeden

True. I like that there was a Reddit post on Purposeful Harbinger nearly 20 days ago about it needing a nerf and the guy got shouted down that it was too much investment to make it viable for solo. L. O. Fucking. L.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Carefully worded to seemingly imply it won't affect things that are obviously not auras(chaos golems, tailwind boots, consecrated ground, etc), but could honestly mean anything.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Carefully worded to seemingly imply it won't affect things that are obviously not auras(chaos golems, tailwind boots, consecrated ground, etc), but could honestly mean anything.

smart move - still going to be broken and needing further tuning after the league but this will probably get us somewhere in the realm of sane

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
"A lot of game systems" could mean the servers due to calculation load. In which case, anything is fair game.

Still kinda stupid they didn't have an intern go through the internal database "lol, what's an aura?". Even just spot check shit.